82 Assisted Living Facilities near Odenton, MD
Also serving communities of Millersville, Severn.
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the Odenton area, with 2 in Odenton and 80 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 233 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Odenton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Odenton 1.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pasadena with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Odenton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Odenton, MD
80 Assisted Living Facilities near Odenton, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Odenton
Odenton, located in east-central Maryland along the shores of Chesapeake Bay, was a farming community until the railroad was constructed in 1840. These days, area residents, including the 3,688 senior population, can roll a spare at the local bowling alley or stop by the local brewery for a cold drink on a hot summer day. To accommodate these seniors, there are two assisted living facilities located within Odenton and another 80 facilities located in the neighboring communities.
These facilities, known as Assisted Living Programs in Odenton and throughout Maryland, are licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Odenton
- Odenton’s cost of living is 124.7, almost on par with the state average of 124.6 and significantly higher than the U.S. average of 100, driven primarily by housing costs. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare in the city, but transportation costs are higher than the national average at 116.1. The higher housing costs in Odenton could drive up facility costs.
Social Security benefits are not taxed in Maryland, which could leave more money for facility budgets for Odenton seniors.
- The violent crime rate in Odenton is 29.3, and the property crime rate is 45, both higher than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4. Seniors in Odenton might want to travel in groups and keep an eye on their surroundings.
- The Odenton area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Gambrills.
- The Office of Transportation provides curb-to-curb transportation for seniors and disabled people in Odenton. To use this service, seniors must be at least 62 if they are already in the program, 65 or older if they are new to the program or 18 or older if they have a disability. This transportation service runs Monday through Friday, except on major holidays or during service reduction days. Seniors may want to keep in mind that this service will not knock on the door and will not sign patients out of facilities or hospitals. Reservations must be made 48 to 72 hours prior to riding.
- Odenton has warm summer temperatures with highs of 88 degrees and cool winters with lows of 24, which might make the area an ideal location for seniors who dislike extreme temperatures regardless of the season.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Odenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Odenton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Odenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Odenton
Odenton seniors who need help with their assisted living costs may be able to get financial support from one of Maryland’s two programs: the Community Options Waiver and the Increase Community Services (ICS) Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Odenton
Odenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Odenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Odenton
Odenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Odenton
Review of Heart Homes At Piney Orchard
My parents lived at Heart Homes. It was nice and clean, but they provided horrible service, and the staff was very untrained. My father is a diabetic, but they never put him on a diabetic diet, and... Read more