Sunrise of Severna Park Severna Park, MD

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

43 West McKinsey Road, Severna Park, MD 21146
Sunrise of Severna Park (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 4/2

Sunrise is working diligently on helping families during this time. Please refer to our website for details at www.sunriseseniorliving.com.

Reviews of Sunrise of Severna Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Severna Park

October 28, 2015

By Nancy113989850

I visited Sunrise. Everyone seems to be extremely pleasant, cheerful and very nice. The facility, the assisted living and the retirement area were very spacious and bright. It was a very nice place. The apartments were furnished nicely. It was very comfortable. They had posted their activities, and that was one thing that I liked about them. It looked like they not only brought people in, and they took people out who were in the retirement community, but also the people who were in the assisted living community were also encouraged to go outside of the facility. The dining area was nice. It was not a fancy one. It was more like a grab-and-go kind of place. I would recommend it to others.

October 19, 2015

I went to Sunrise of Severna Park. It looked like a pleasant bed and breakfast, but then the rooms were small. I was not very pleased with the rooms themselves. I had lunch there, and there was plenty of food. It was nutritious food, but it was not anything extra.

May 12, 2015

By Gail32

The one I like most was Sunrise. I liked it because it was beautiful and very elegant. It was very expensive, so it was out of our price range, but I’d live there myself. The staff was informative and accommodating. They took us on a tour and showed us everything. They said that they have people moving out quite often because they are near an army thing, so sometimes they have older people who want to stay there for a little while, but not for a long time. The rooms were gorgeous. They have their own little dining room, and they have a café. It didn’t look anything like a senior home. I would recommend it to anybody who could afford it.

September 16, 2014

By Latoya1

Sunrise is of high quality. The staff was wonderful, friendly, warm, accommodating, and they were all great, all top-notch. They all seemed to really care about the patients. There are therapists and exercise activities, and she likes pet walking.

June 26, 2014

Sunrise has a larger dementia community. I found it to be very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly, very pleasant, and they were all glad to see me and welcomed me on the tour. I just thought it was too large. It was very clean and well maintained. I didn't see any problems. The rooms were a little larger.

March 30, 2014

Sunrise of Severna is in a good location and the facility is beautiful. They had access to a lot of the things and the close-by environment where people can go shopping, and also access to transportation, so that was good. They had a lot of events in terms of theatre, plays, and entertainment that the residents got together for, and we liked that. There seemed to be a lot of involvement by the residents.

November 20, 2013

By Bill30

My mom is in Sunrise of Severna Park right now. This is our choice for her because it is really close, about 25 miles from our home. The facility is very nice. It is upscale but it costs money too. However, I like how gorgeous the facility is. I'm very happy with the place. My mother has a very nice room. She has her own furniture in there from home. She has been in this facility for three and a half months now and she's happy there. They have many activities there like bingo, trivia, bus trips, etc. They go out to lunch once in a while on the facility bus. Their dining room is very nice; however, food is something they could improve on. It is not all that great. They're kind of bland and repetitive. They need better menu because there's not much to choose from. Food is the only drawback for this facility.

July 10, 2013

By Feelingdefeated

Surnrise has different levels of care and it was very clean and new. It was very homey and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The staff seemed very concerned and caring.

August 27, 2012

By Carmen4

I was at the Sunrise Assisted Living Facility for a college school project in Severna Park MD. The facility itself is beautiful and the grounds are well kept. The inside is so tasteful and depending on the persons level of needing assistance they could have their own apartment within the building or a well kept room. The feel I got from most of the residence was that they still felt like they had the independence that they wanted but also a good amount of social interaction that they needed. The food provided always looked and smelled good. The staff was great they provided a lot of activities for those living there and I worked mostly with that section of the building while I was there. Also there was a section designated for those with dementia and alzheimer that was secure to keep them safe. The staff in this area was very patient and caring. While in this area we played with the patients balloon volleyball and other games that they seemed to like very much. My overall experience was wonderful and I was truly impressed with how beautiful the building and grounds were.

Independent Living Reviews for Sunrise of Severna Park

Questions about Sunrise of Severna Park

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Severna Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sunrise Live With Purpose programming plays a crucial role in the vitality of our communities. The activity schedule is designed to support your physical, mental, and spiritual wellness through eight focus areas: exercise, excursions, art, music, education, intergenerational mentoring, community service, and spirituality. Engage in an old hobby, try something new with friends and neighbors, or introduce a personal favorite into our community-the choice is yours. At Sunrise of Severna Park, residents' favorites include Sing Fit and Paint to Music.

What places are near Sunrise of Severna Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located just minutes from the Chesapeake Bay and downtown Annapolis, our community is nestled on 10 beautiful acres in the heart of Severna Park. Our location is ideal - many conveniences are within walking distance, or a very short drive away. We have a walking path to the Severna Park Public Library, as well as to the Severna Park Community Center, where our residents have free access to the pools and the exercise equipment.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Severna Park offer to assisted living residents?

Sunrise provides transportation to scheduled outings such as shopping, restaurants and church at not additional fee. We can also provide transportation to and from doctor appointments for a fee of $30 round trip.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Severna Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our professional chef prepares three meals each day based on your personal tastes and nutritional needs. Whether you prefer your old favorites or are eager to try new foods, the culinary team creates exciting menus that include seasonal offerings, regional dishes, and traditional classics. At Sunrise of Severna Park, our residents enjoy our chef's take on Maryland crab cakes.

If Sunrise of Severna Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We understand that pets are very important for our residents, so they are welcome to bring their pets to Sunrise. We also have a beautiful golden retriever named Buddy and a rescue cat named Spice, who live here and bring much joy to our residents.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Severna Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our professional chef prepares two meals each day based on your personal tastes and nutritional needs. Whether you prefer your old favorites or are eager to try new foods, the culinary team creates exciting menus that include seasonal offerings, regional dishes, and traditional classics. At Sunrise of Severna Park, our residents enjoy our chef's take on Maryland crab cakes.

Photos of Sunrise of Severna Park

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

About Sunrise of Severna Park

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise of Severna Park, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise of Severna Park