130 Assisted Living Facilities near Mesa, AZ
To help seniors in Mesa find the assisted living community that’s right for their family, we’ve researched and compiled in-depth information about the cost of care, how to pay for care, and important local laws and regulations involving senior care and assisted living.
With an average cost of $2,752 in Mesa, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 397 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 76 facilities in Mesa.
76 Assisted Living Facilities in Mesa, AZ
54 Assisted Living Facilities near Mesa, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mesa
The most populous suburb in America, Mesa has about 484,000 residents, approximately 16 percent of whom are 65 and over. Residents in this age group who need assisted living may choose between 75 facilities in Mesa. As is the case in all of Arizona, assisted living facilities in Mesa must be licensed by the state's Division of Public Health Licensing Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mesa
- Although the overall cost of living in Mesa is 14 percent higher than the national average, it's primarily housing and transportation costs that contribute to the city's elevated living costs. The cost of healthcare, groceries and other miscellaneous costs that tend to affect seniors in assisted living facilities are lower than the national average.
- Although the winters in Mesa are mild, summers are long and extremely hot. The average July high temperature is 105 degrees, and the city receives more than 300 sunny days each year. Seniors who don't mind the heat and prefer to stay dry will feel at home in Mesa, where the yearly rainfall is less than one-third the national average.
- Arizona does not tax Social Security checks, which allows seniors to keep more money in their pockets, perhaps to spend on quality health care.
- Mesa's crime is similar to that of a typical U.S. city. Its violent crime rate of 19.3 is slightly below the national average of 22.7, while its property crime rate of 37.6 is a little higher than the national rate of 35.4. Overall, seniors and their families can feel safe about choosing Mesa as their destination for assisted living.
- The Mesa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Banner Desert Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mesa's air quality is 53 on a scale of 1 to 100 (1 is worst). This is slightly lower than the national average of 58, which is something seniors may want to consider if they have asthma or other breathing difficulties.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mesa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Mesa start around $2,741 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mesa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mesa
Eligible seniors in Mesa, Arizona may apply for Medicaid coverage through the Arizona Long-Term Care System.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mesa
Mesa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mesa, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mesa
Mesa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mesa, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mesa
Review of Class Act Assisted Living Homes Glencove
As a family we've been taking care of my mom for the last few years. It's got to the point where it was too stressful to balance caring for mom and work and everything else in life. A neighbor of o... Read more
Review of Emerald Groves - North
For the review provided by 73187350, I have a few corrections. The facility is licensed for only 10 residents by the AZDHS. I do not know where all the numbers higher than 10 came from. The care gi... Read more
Review of Home Sweet Home Adult Care
Great nurses and staff Read more