101 Assisted Living Facilities near Tempe, AZ
There are 101 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tempe area, with 9 in Tempe and 92 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tempe is $2,963 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Mesa with an average starting cost of $2,837.
To help you with your search, browse the 503 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tempe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tempe 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scottsdale with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Tempe find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tempe, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Tempe, AZ
Promotion ends in 7 days!
Get 1/2 off your New Resident Fee when you lease by April 30!* See our Sales Director for details.
92 Assisted Living Facilities near Tempe, AZ
Other Options in Tempe, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tempe
Review of Ark of Life
I chose Ark of Life for my mom because it was clean and there were only ten people there and they all pretty much stay to themselves and don't bother anybody. It seems to be working for the moment.... Read more
Review of Westchester Garden Court
Mom moved into Westchester Care Center about three weeks ago. I think they do fairly well dealing with her. The staff seems pretty good, so far. The place looks OK and the location works pretty wel... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Tempe
The tour of Elmcroft in Tempe was very impressive. I would definitely choose this location for a family member. I like the availability of staff members and management whenever I have questions or ... Read more
More Options Near Tempe, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tempe
Located in the Phoenix metro area, Tempe, Arizona offers seniors a variety fun attractions: Arizona State University and Sun Devils' football, Tempe Town Lake, Desert Botanical Gardens and Downtown Tempe — to name a few. Seniors in Tempe, 9.4 percent of the population, will find 58 assisted living facilities in the Tempe area and its surrounding communities. Eight of those facilities are in the city of Tempe while 50 dot the landscape of its surrounding communities. Many of those communities are in the city of Phoenix while smaller towns like Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert and Glendale also have their share of assisted living communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tempe
- The weather in Tempe is perfect for heat-loving seniors, but there are some cool weather months too. In January, the temperature averages 42 degrees, while in July the average high is 105 degrees. There are about 300 sunny days throughout the year in the city, compared to the national average of 200 per year.
- There are several medical facilities in the Tempe area and the best medical care in Arizona is right across the Salt River in Phoenix. Whatever medical needs seniors have, they can find care in Tempe.
- Transportation is well-managed in Tempe, and there are 16 bus lines and a light rail system. ADA Paratransit is an option for seniors with disabilities, and Dial-a-Ride is available as well for seniors who can't use the city's buses.
- The cost of living in Tempe is eight percent higher than the national average. Yet, the cost of groceries, health care, and miscellaneous costs are all a bit lower than the average. The cost of assisted living care matches the national average of $3,750 per month.
- Crime in Tempe is quite a bit worse than the national average. Property crime in particular scores at 60.5 while the national average is 38.1.
- Air quality is rated 47 out of 100 in Tempe, compared with the US average of 58. This metric is based on EPA standards known as the National Air Toxics Assessment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tempe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Tempe start around $2,963 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tempe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tempe
The Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) is a managed care program which is part of the Arizona Health Care Costs Containment System. Seniors living in assisted living homes can use this program to get financial assistance based on their individual needs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tempe
Tempe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tempe, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tempe
Tempe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.