McDowell Village Scottsdale, AZ

Assisted Living Reviews for McDowell Village

Independent Living Reviews for McDowell Village

October 28, 2015

By Julie T.

I thought McDowell Village was an excellent place. We loved that place. That was actually the very nicest place we went, but they didn't have memory care for my mom. The rooms were lovely, the food was good, and the people were nice; however, my mom couldn't go there because she's got too much dementia. Nevertheless, it's a lovely facility, and I would recommend it to anybody that can handle it.

June 15, 2015

By Jennifer112471750

My father lived in McDowell Village in Scottsdale. It was wonderful. The staff was fine. They had onsite and offsite activities.

May 22, 2015

My husband has a couple of clients down here at McDowell Village, so he visited some people in the village, and they love it. The staff worked very hard. The problem with them is that they don't have a high level of care for someone who is very ill. They were very upfront about it, but it is fine for independent and some assisted living. As for activities, I don't know specifically, but they have the usual clubs and outings. The rooms were very nice, very big, and well laid out. A lot of them have decks, they have very nice appliances, and if I remember, they have stove in the kitchen too. I didn’t taste their food, but the dining area was very well staffed and very nicely setup. The place was very active because there are a lot of independent living people there. There was lot of activity and a lot of bustle. The problem is that they don't provide a high level of care for serious illnesses. But for what they are doing, I think they are doing a good job.

November 28, 2014

McDowell Village is very nice. The staff is very friendly, and the grounds are well maintained. They have people come in and entertain. We don't get there very often, but every time we're there things are going on. They have church services, they take them out on scheduled trips, they go to games during the baseball season, they have a movie theater, and they have a popcorn machine. The staff treated my in-laws very well, and they seem to be very nice. Everybody seems to know who they are, and they addressed them by name. The food doesn't excite me, but they seem OK. The menu is the same every day with some specials thrown in. We had lunch and dinner there, and it's OK. The folks that are there seemed to be very happy. The ones who are a little more mobile than my in-laws seem to do an awful lot, and they seem very pleased with what's available there. The facility itself is clean and very well maintained. I was able to walk around every floor of the place, and I found a library and a bar where they can go during happy hour if they want. It's very nicely setup. I would say it's more for someone who doesn't necessarily need a lot of assistance.

August 18, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a beautiful facility. It is 5 years old. It is 3 stories with 270 apartments. forty of these are assisted. These are one and two bedroom apartments with full kitchens and washer dryers in apartments. the smallest is 648 square feet. All are handicapped equipped.. They have emergency pull chords. Also available are alert pendants. The grounds are shaped like a U around the building.They have walkways, greenery, flowers.benches for sitting and covered patio. There is a pool and hot tub. Housekeepin and laundry is available to be done. There is a restaurnt style ding roon that seats 106 residents. They are served meals. The food is good with a variety for specials and alternate menu. Snacks are always available.It is all home style cooking. There is a separate private family dining room. The director is an RN and there are 2 licensed nurses in duty during week and on call 24/7. All staff are certified caregivers. The staff seems very nice and caring. For a larger facility it seems very homey. There is a doctor who comes in. Transport is available for appointments. Activities seem plentiful with exercise programs, bingo. cards and other board games. There are bbqs and birthday parties and outside entertainment comes. Residents are taken on walks and outings to shopping, movies, restaurants and other places. This a very nice, clean, and friendly facility.

August 03, 2011

By Diversity#1

My parents lived there for 6 months and I was very pleased with the facility. It is spotless, beautiful and offers a fill array of activities.

Photos of McDowell Village

Services and Amenities of McDowell Village

• Fee Structure Extra: $2500 Community Fee $400 Pet Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Activities Extra: Movie Theatre, Happy Hour Bar

• State Licenses: AL7944C

About McDowell Village

McDowell Village is a senior living provider in Scottsdale, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact McDowell Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of McDowell Village