Brookdale Central Chandler

Reviews of Brookdale Central Chandler

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Central Chandler

November 29, 2017

By Pam

My mother is in Brookdale Central Chandler. They've been operating for two years but they can't keep staff members. Everybody has only been there for two to three months. They're having a hard time finding their niche, so until they do, we'll have to move Mom to a safer place. However, it's a very pretty place, that's why we chose them in the first place. They have a game room for the residents that they can get up and go to themselves. Otherwise, they don't have an activities director for the Alzheimer's unit. There are two people to a room. They have a med-tech distributing meds who's neither certified nor an RN, and I think that's wrong.

November 25, 2017

By Chchch1

I am working to get my live one out of here . My comment is on the assisted living not memory care. It has an institutional feel and the impression is it is a warehouse for the elderly. The residents do not seem groomed appropriately and most important there is a sad look in their faces. The staff is chronically understaffed, it is almost impossible to get a phone call in to your love one. They usually do not have an activity director or someone who is liscened to drive the bus, so the residents do not have transportation. Brookdale facilities have a good reputation, but it would seem that the reputation is not derived from this facility.

We are sorry to hear we are not meeting your expectations. We are committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and hope you will call our Resident and Family Connection Team at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns.

June 08, 2017

By ConcernedinChandler

I would not take a loved one here. My experience with my Mother has been horrific. The high turn over, the med techs are hired through a temp service. Night staff is lazy, no activities for the residents on memory care side. Ive given plenty of time and it continues to get worse. they just had bedbugs. food portions are very small and looks like left overs from assisted living side. Management is very rarely there or when I need to address an issue they are in a meeting, conference call. Medical files are either somewhere here or back there or we're behind on filing. the in house doctor prescribed schitzo med without advising family members

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care and we will share your feedback with our management team.

February 09, 2017

By AZMom2000

Do not put anyone you love in this facility. It is absolutely awful. The staff has gone steadily down hill over the years. The food is mediocre at best. Expect bed sores, bed bugs, very long wait times when you call for help - imagine walking in to visit someone and a stranger is calling to you to help them because they've fallen, pressed their button and no one is coming. I actually pressed my grandmother's button one time and waited 40 minutes for someone to show up. Just awful. All I can figure is a combination of bad management and high turnover results in a sub-standard living facility. My advice is to go anywhere but here.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to quality service and care and will review your feedback with our management team.

March 13, 2016

By Sue121450550

My mother is in Brookdale Central Chandler. Their caregivers are very friendly, and caring to the residents. They are in the process of doing some updating, and remodeling. So, it is not pristine yet, but they are working on that. They seem to be very organized. She is in a semi-private room. It is nice. It has a good size closet, pretty nice bathroom, and shower. They have a lot of activities. Unfortunately, because she is confused and blind, there isn’t much that she can participate in. The caring attitude of the actual caregivers impresses me most. I guess the food is pretty good.

December 29, 2015

By Visitor37

My father doesn't like it at Brookdale Central Chandler. We're thinking about moving him because we're not happy. The room is just OK, nothing special. The food is fine.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

September 28, 2015

I did visit Brookdale Central Chandler. The people there were great, and what they offer is wonderful, but the place needed more attention. It looks worn out and not clean. I looked at an apartment, and it was sufficient. I saw some activities when I went there, but they offer quite a bit of activities.

November 25, 2013

By JJen

This is a great facility. Kelly and Angie are always willing to help.

June 29, 2013

By Carol40

My mom moved in just this May. Everything was very nice. The staff was wonderful, very helpful, and very supportive. My mother to this day has no complaints, so it's been great. She says the food is okay.

June 18, 2013

By Diana12

It looked good and clean, but it was outdated and had dark tone in it. It also had an old fashion smell. They should improve on their furniture and put something to brighten it up.

January 25, 2012

By kuzopt

Nice, clean facility, plenty of friendly staff helping in what is a difficult situation

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Central Chandler

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL3331

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Central Chandler

Brookdale Central Chandler offers a homelike setting and cheerful smiles from the professional staff who greet you every day. Each senior gets the assistance they need while respecting their independence. The restaurant-style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Home-style meals and daily activities add to each resident's experience. Through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, The community offers unlimited opportunities for the residents to get to know each other. Brookdale Central Chandler is the perfect place for seniors who want their independence while still having assistance with medication management or dining assistance if needed.

Map of Brookdale Central Chandler