132 Assisted Living Facilities near Paradise Valley, AZ
There are 132 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paradise Valley area, with 2 in Paradise Valley and 130 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Paradise Valley is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Scottsdale with an average starting cost of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 571 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paradise Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paradise Valley 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Tan Valley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paradise Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Paradise Valley, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley is known for being the wealthiest town in Arizona. An estimated 14,500 residents live in this small town in Maricopa County, with more than 21% of those people being senior citizens aged 65 and older.
Seniors in Paradise Valley who require full-time care can choose from 127 assisted living facilities in the town and its surrounding areas. In Paradise Valley, just as in the rest of Arizona, assisted living facilities are closely monitored and regulated by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paradise Valley
- The Paradise Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Paradise Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can travel in Paradise Valley and throughout the greater Phoenix area on Valley Metro, Phoenix's public transportation system. Seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for half-price fares.
- Paradise Valley's weather is hot and sunny year-round. In July the average high temperature is 104 degrees and the town only sees 11 inches of rain each year. While some seniors may thrive in this climate, those who are sensitive to hot temperatures may find the summers in Paradise Valley uncomfortable.
- Seniors can feel safe knowing that crime rates in Paradise Valley are low when compared with the average U.S. city. On a scale of one to 100 where one represents the lowest crime rate, Paradise Valley's violent crime rate is only 8.6 and its property crime rate is only 25.2, while the national averages are 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Seniors with limited funds may have a hard time paying for assisted living and other expenses in Paradise Valley, as the overall cost of living is 256.7% higher than the national average, mostly because of the town's high cost of housing and transportation.
- Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses may find the air quality in Paradise Valley causes negative health effects. The town, as well as all of Maricopa County, has poor air quality that's been given a failing grade by the American Lung Association.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paradise Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Paradise Valley start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paradise Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paradise Valley
Seniors living in Paradise Valley may be able to receive financial help with the cost of assisted living under the state's Medicaid 1115 demonstration waiver, which offers seniors benefits as part of the Arizona Long Term Care System.
While there is no state supplement in Arizona, seniors can use Supplemental Security Income payments to help cover costs that aren't covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paradise Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paradise Valley
Review of Simply Together Assisted Living
This place Is amazing!! Everything it’s look just perfect!! and the staff is very nice! Read more
Review of The Paradise Assisted Living Home
My mother has been in The Paradise Assisted Living Home since May. They are treating her very well. It is a very clean place. Every time I go there, it is spick and span. She has a great housekeepe... Read more
Review of The Paradise Assisted Living Home
We have a very good experience going on at The Paradise Assisted Living Home. It is fantastic and it's working out very well. The staff is very good. We are very happy. The food is fantastic, too. ... Read more