Brookdale North Mesa

Brookdale North Mesa (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale North Mesa

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Mesa

November 15, 2015

We visited Brookdale North Mesa. We liked that one. My husband was ready to move that day, but we could not at that time, financially and otherwise. As soon as we are ready, we would really like to locate to that one. When we were there, they were getting ready to go someplace in a bus, but I do not know exactly where. I did not see any women; all of them were men. They had a beautiful dining room. There was one thing that really concerned us: my husband uses walker, and when we were outdoors walking on the grounds of the premises, he kept pushing the walker right over the edge of the cement where there was a small drop off of about an inch or an inch and a half. I was scared that he would slip off and hurt himself. The woman that walked us through and talked to us called me three or four times to see how everything was going. We really liked her.

October 31, 2015

By Dean10

I visited Brookdale North Mesa. It's a very clean place. It felt warm and inviting, although they may be a little clinical. I didn’t see anything wrong with it; it seemed a pretty good facility.

October 29, 2015

By Dan48

Brookdale was an older facility. I wasn’t too impressed with the layout of the memory care and the unit. It seemed to lack in warmth and coziness, but the staff is very friendly and nice. The facility could be a little more homey. It's just one big room without much furniture, and it looked like a big, open gymnasium. It wasn’t very comforting.

September 17, 2015

By Betty113328450

I think they are very friendly at Brookdale North Mesa, and I like the looks of the place. It looks homey. I like their windows. For my relative, it is about the right size. It is not too big and not too small. It has the kind of things that I think he would like. It has a very nice-looking dining room. They have bingo.

August 31, 2015

My grandmother just moved in at Brookdale North Mesa. It's close to my mom, the price was good, she had her own washer and dryer, and she had a walk-in shower. They do take their residents to their doctor's appointments.

August 21, 2015

By Lisa110792450

I thought the staff was good at Brookdale North Mesa. My dad was in the memory care unit where he was given quite a bit of individual attention, but maybe they could do a little bit more research to find out how people are going to adjust because he did not adjust very well to it at all. The place was pretty nice. The activities for the memory care were very good.

June 28, 2015

By Evelyn16

I visited Brookdale North Mesa a couple of months ago. It was a nice community, but I don't think it would be a nice fit for me. I was looking for an independent community at that time. The rooms were kinda dark and small too. The community area was not that big. It was very clean though. I had one meal with the staff who toured me around. I thought the food was fine. The person who assisted me during my visit even introduced me to the residents. Overall, I would say it was an average community.

May 28, 2015

Brookdale North Mesa was an older building. It’s located near a golf course, and I like the little park also. The building itself was nice and clean. There were not that many patients; I thought that my sister would get more care and more individual attention there. The personnel were great. The young lady was very determined that she could help my sister to walk again. She was very helpful and very convincing. I was specifically looking at a studio apartment; it was not as roomy as the other facilities that I have seen, and the refrigerator was not bigger. I like the security system where they have to have it locked at a certain time because of Alzheimer's.

December 26, 2014

Brookdale North Mesa was all excellent. I had no problems at all. The rent was $3,000 a month, so it was more suited for our money. Other than that, we were greeted upfront, and the food was good.

October 02, 2014

The staff was okay. Whoever I talked to was really, really nice. Their rooms were beautiful. Their dining room was very nice. Their menu was very nice too. They had a lot of stuff going on in terms of activities. They had board games and exercise activities. What I like best about it was that it looked peaceful. It was very well-kept. The grounds were well-kept.

September 08, 2014

We visited and it was extremely clean. The environment is really cheery and well-lit. We had lunch there and the food was good. They had a salad bar and they also had live music. Somebody was playing the jazz piano. I think the staff really cared about the residents. They were very friendly. We were able to look at the rooms. There’s room enough for a bed and a couch, a small bathroom, small kitchen, closet space and they would have them set up, but there was no furniture in the room. I only saw one activity and it was trivia type thing. They allowed pets in the facility.

August 06, 2014

The rooms were fine. The food was okay. The dining area was okay.

April 11, 2014

The outside look is fine. The tour was fine until we went to one of their rooms, and that is where I knew that I wouldn’t put mom in there because it's like a converted hotel, and the rooms just seemed deficient. We were not just interested after we saw that room. The staff seemed very friendly, cordial, and pretty informed of what they have there. I know they have exercises classes and trips around town. Overall, it was nice, but the rooms turned me off.

December 26, 2013

By Caring75521950

The thing that I liked was that even though they were limited, they gave the residents choices as what they would eat for dinner and they set it up almost like a restaurant. The dining room was set up very nice and they had it very clean and very pretty. They're newer buildings and I've never heard of any complaints about having the right amount of heat or air conditioning. That's very important because anyone wants to be comfortable for paying a lot of money. They had a nurse, an administrator and a social worker that's there most of the time and is important because that way, any of the needs of a resident can be taken care of with those three different positions there. They're very attentive.

December 13, 2013

By Nancy72977350

Right now, he's here and he's been there since August. I liked the rooms at the time and they had just remodeled it so I picked it for that reason. He is in assisted living but they have seven levels of care. He's at the seventh level, the highest level of care is required. They have a lot of activities but he's not able to participate in any of them.

October 01, 2013

By Patricia37

We placed dad here. I really like the personality of the people in that facility. The staff are very helpful. I also like that the place was very clean. My dad shares a room with a another person, but the room is spacious enough for them.

August 10, 2013

By Chris26

I chose here for my mom because it was small, open, bright, and very light. The room was of a really nice size. The bathroom is wonderful, it's big enough to put a wheelchair in it. The people that I talked to were really nice. I just felt she would be comfortable there and she is only 10 minutes from me. As far as I can see they do a lot of activities, but my mom is not a really social person.

July 26, 2013

I contacted them because that was a direction that my parents were thinking of moving. The people that assisted me when I visited the place were terrific. They were very informative and they answered all my questions. The facility was really nice. They said that they were getting ready to go through a remodel so in a few months it would be looking completely different. She did let me look at their calendar and there were quite a few activities on it. There were some cooking and craft classes. They have bingos and game night. They also go to the malls, so they got lots of activities. It would be nice if they could expand to a few bigger units. I was impressed the setup of the place but it has a feel of a nursing home.

June 23, 2011

By leezee

I visited this facility with my mother and a friend of my mother's who was also looking into assisted living. Absolutely beautiful area, right on Brown road in Mesa. The main building resembles more of a country house or a house one might see as they were driving up to an orange grove. Bright white with green trim. Extremely inviting with tons upon tons of foliage and flowers, big open doors that lead into a large foray. We weren't two feet in the doors when a staff member greeted us warmly and said she'd be happy to show us around. That was pretty cool because we didn't make an appointment, we just happened to spot the place while driving home from a different facility. They certainly seem to go above and beyond with this place. Gorgeous landscaping with gazebo's and as I mentioned earlier, the most well kept foliage. The dining room had to have been my favorite as it is directly open to a large and roomy kitchen, just like a home kitchen. Literally, you can sit at the table and view the entire kitchen, the cabinetry, the sink, the refrigerator. Beautifully thought of, I think. The rooms are so pretty! Private bath with open showers, hand rails that you don't even really notice are handrails. I really liked how they offer private rooms or what they call ""friendship"" rooms. It was funny because my mom and her friend that was with us both laughed and said, ""Oh! We can be roomies!"" The staff was impeccably kind. They really made you feel welcome, like I said, a home. It was funny because as we were leaving, we each picked up a brochure. While browsing through it I noticed how they stated they were ""nestled in the heart of Mesa's orange groves"". That was exactly my impression of the place before I even knew it! A lovely facility. I will certainly keep it high on my own list of options as I myself age and may someday require assisted living.

Photos of Brookdale North Mesa

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Mesa

• Housing Extra: 63 Senior Apartments

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL3333

About Brookdale North Mesa

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale North Mesa