Brookdale Baywood

Reviews of Brookdale Baywood

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Baywood

June 01, 2019

By Diana

We liked Brookdale Baywood. The rooms were better than the other places we visited, and they have a lot more activities. For the meals, there's not just one meal offered, but they have a choice of three per day. We visited the assisted living level there. I would rate the facilities or room a five, that's why I liked it.

July 04, 2018

By Liz

I put my mother at a place called Brookdale Baywood. She is happy there. They have two separate places. It is assisted living and it's memory care. However, I don't like the idea that they're putting the smokers under the carport. To me, that's a little dangerous. The room is spacious. It is a good value. The food is fine. They do have activities, but my mother doesn't go.

February 05, 2018

By Lillian

I have lived in Brookdale Baywood for about a month, and I'm having a pretty bad experience. I'm really disappointed. I have plenty of room, and some of the staff is good, but some of them aren't. They don't know how to make a bed. We have bingo, puzzles, horse races, and card games. They take us on field trips to Wal-Mart. The food is not very tasty.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

March 30, 2017

Brookdale Baywood is a very nice place. My loved one is very happy there, and we are very happy that we found that for her. She is in a room and it is called a studio deluxe. It is nice. They have activities and a sing-a-long program.

February 03, 2017

By Cacklingbrook

Don't rate all Brookdales the same. I visited another facility and was not impressed. It was very high pressured, I felt like I was at a used car lot. Brookdale @ Baywood was friendly and inviting. I loved the no obligation/no cost assessment that they offer. We are seriously considering having our mom move in.

May 10, 2016

By SueCRZQS

Brookdale Baywood was a very homey, very nice, and friendly place. The food was good. The private and shared rooms were both nice. It was a very family-oriented place with barbeques and picnic areas, and it was more affordable. The lady who assisted me with the tour was so helpful.

May 10, 2016

By Glenna4

Brookdale Baywood, formerly Emeritus at Baywood, was too big and too impersonal. They had too many extra charges. I didn't care for their presentation. It just wasn't for me.

December 30, 2015

By Anonymous Visitor2

To me, Brookdale Baywood was like a nursing home and they’re saying it’s not a nursing home. It wasn’t what I wanted; it was obvious right off. My brother needs something that’s friendlier than that. The people were nice but the average age was 85. I wasn’t about to put my brother there.

December 15, 2015

By Visitor11

The staff was very polite at Brookdale Baywood. The rooms were very nice, and I would be satisifed with any of them.

December 10, 2015

By Gerald13

Brookdale Baywood is very good. It is far less costly than where I was before, but the service and food are very good. It’s in a lower level where I can breathe easier. The one-bedroom apartment I am in is almost 600 square feet. It’s very adequate and all of my furnishings fit in. Price-wise, it is within my reach. They have an exercise class every day except Saturdays and Sundays. They have movies and social activities almost every day to keep them busy.

November 11, 2015

By A happy customer1

We went to Brookdale Baywood, but it was still under renovation at the time we went. We had a very short time frame to move my husband into memory care, and he has since passed. It’s a beautiful building, and the residents seemed to enjoy it.

October 31, 2015

By Dean10

The decorations at Brookdale Baywood were a little outdated, but they were in the process of updating. I saw that they have a game room with pool tables, and that was nice. They also have a library.

October 27, 2015

Brookdale Baywood was the best. I thought the facility was kind of small in general; otherwise the staff was very nice, though. It was just a small facility. I think the staff seemed very helpful.

October 27, 2015

By Mark114099950

I went to see Brookdale Baywood for my mom there. The place seemed extremely nice. The people were very knowledgeable. It was one of the three places we were considering placing my mom. They have a very nice eating facility, where everything was done pretty much in the restaurant style. They have a very nice garden. Basically, it is square with a garden in the middle. The place that we looked at was looking out over the garden, which was very nice. There were cards, books, and there was a guy playing the piano ? all very nice. The staff said that my mom could use the Mesa Springs Pool in an attempt to do some water therapy; they could arrange that. They were very nice about everything.

September 07, 2015

By Kenny3

My dad is doing very well in the memory care unit of Brookdale Baywood (Formerly Emeritus at Baywood). They keep his room clean. It is nice and very comfortable. The meals are very well prepared, and they look good to me. The staff has always been very courteous and supportive. We are very pleased with the facility. I think sanitation has been the best. He is not depressed, and he is getting better quality of care in this facility. Everything has been positive. I have no complaints.

July 20, 2015

I had lunch with a staff at Brookdale Baywood. She was very pleasant, and we had a nice lunch there. The facility was very nice, and she was telling me of some of the things that they were going to change like the floor coverings. The only thing that would have bothered me about it was that since I'm a person who likes to go outdoors once in a while, they did have the compulsory bench by the front door, but other than that, there's not very much to entice someone out to the fresh air. It was kind of a disappointment to me. Well, the facility was very nicely done, and the furnishings were appropriate. I thought it was very pleasant. It was also very expensive, more than some others that I have just inquired about but did not go visit. The facility was very nice though. It looked smaller than it apparently was because the staff told me how many people were there, and I was quite amazed – it didn't look like the facility wouldn't be able to handle that many. They did have independent living, assisted living, and memory care patients.

May 22, 2015

By Marilyn45

I did visit one of the assisted living places. It was the Brookdale Baywood. I did visit there because I wanted to familiarize myself with what the facilities were like and what kind of care my mom would receive if and when we think it is necessary for her to be placed in one of these, and that visit was very good. I don't know if I can even remember the gentleman's name that managed it, but he was very professional and gave us a very nice tour of the facility and information and everything. At least I know that there is a place out there should my mother reach the point where she can't be by herself anymore that is available. We weren't there that long, but the facility seemed to be fairly nice and well-cared for. They were trying to do some upgrades in there, and I think that was good. We did get to visit one of the resident apartments, which I thought was very nice. It really did seem to be a well-run facility. We did not eat there, but he did show us their menu and everything, and I thought that it was certainly adequate. They even were going to offer a small kitchen area where residents that were really into cooking could go there as a group and just do little cooking things, which I thought was pretty impressive considering my mother is a baker herself, so she would love something like that. Just by the calendar they showed us, it sure seemed that they have a lot of activities for the residents, and there is something different for everybody.

February 11, 2015

By Norman7

Brookdale Baywood is a very clean facility, and the staff are very attentive except to a point that I had a lady friend I was visiting who was 90 years old, and they would wake her up at 5:00 in the morning just to give her medication, but she likes it there, and she is very happy. She likes the plays and sing-alongs. The staff were very confident and very caring. We came in late for lunchtime, and they took the time to fix our sandwich and some hot tea.

December 28, 2014

By Karen99033450

My friend -- Gloria -- is really pleased. The staff is wonderful, so I think she's really learning that this is a great place for her. It's a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind living there. They have a lot of courtyard areas with lots of greenery, and the building itself is pretty with lots of arches and doorways that just add some more architecture to it. I was really impressed with it, and the food is good too. I definitely will recommend this community.They're allowed to go to doctor's appointments three times a week. The other days, they have trips to Walmart, to Dairy Queen, or to a shopping mall. It's the way to get people moving around and get them out and also a chance for them to get their need. Gloria was in a wheelchair until about two weeks ago, and now she's on a walker so she can get around better. When I started looking into this community, I met Kim. She might be the intake coordinator. She helped me so much. She helped me right and left. I couldn't have asked for more help. I was really impressed.

October 24, 2014

By Elizabeth46

The staff was good at Brookdale Baywood, the rooms were very nice, and their apartments were all one bedroom with a mini kitchen and walk-in showers. The dining room looks very good. I didn’t eat the food, but it all looked good. It wasn’t going to meet my needs because it was way too big.

June 15, 2014

By Nancy86003350

We found it very nice. The facility is beautiful and the food is very good. They have a menu every night where they give the residents 4 or 5 different choices to choose from, and then they have desserts. Everything about it we really liked. She has a nice room. It has a bathroom with a nice shower that she can walk into, and she can sit down in the shower. The room is just one room with a bed and a TV. It has a nice-sized closet with a big window, so it’s very light and sunny with air conditioning. When you walk in, it’s tiled and then they have carpet in the living-room part of it. The grounds are beautiful. My mom has her dog, and she can take the dog out and be with him on the grass. Upstairs on her floor, they have a covered patio where she can go out and sit and it has a fence around it. They have all kinds of activities. They have bingo, and they have times when they take them to Wal-Mart. They’ll take them in a bus that they sign up for if they want to go. They have exercise everyday for them. They celebrate whoever’s birthday is in that month. When I walked into this place, it was just wonderful. It was like going to a Marriott hotel.

January 23, 2014

I am very happy with it and my mother is also very happy with it. I really like their dining room. The people seem very kind and caring. There are good activities for my mother and she likes her room. Her room is spacious, and the entire place is not like closed-in. They have beautiful green areas.

October 28, 2013

We found a place for one of my parents. She is in here right now. We chose this place because it is close to where she used to live and where her sister lives. Her sister can go and visit her there. She has only been there for a couple of weeks. As of right now, that's a pretty good place for her. The staff is very friendly and kind.

October 05, 2012

By mmaui3

I thought the facility as a whole was very nice. The staff was curtous and caring the amenities were very nice and the place in general was very put togeteher. I dont have any negative things to say about this facility maybe because I was only there a handful of times or maybe because they are really put together. In cinclusion I felt very comfortable there and I know my grandmas friend was to.

January 26, 2012

By solstice1

Very friendly employees, they contribute to making Baywood a nice place to live.

August 01, 2011

By Emmyrose

They have 120 residents at this facility. They offer assisted living and memory care. The apartments are good-sized and have large bedrooms. The apartments have kitchenettes, not full kitchens "“ the facility provides the meals. The residents can bring their meals back to their room if they'd like. It has a courtyard that's screened in with an aviary so the residents can sit outside with the birds. Most of the doctors come in, and they have nurses. I think they have three assistants on the memory care side. They bring the residents out to the dining room, and the food looks pretty good. They have a bus, and they take the residents out to movies and restaurants and different things. They have a room with a Wii and an air-hockey table. They have a men's club for the men. All in all, I'd say they're a good five stars, and the people seem to be really, really nice.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Baywood

Photos of Brookdale Baywood

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Baywood

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room,Restaurant Style Dining

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL8325

About Brookdale Baywood

Brookdale Baywood is a senior care facility in the heart of Mesa. The staff at Brookdale are committed to providing a home-like setting and cheerful smiles from the professional staff who greet residents every day. It offers daily assistance with bathing and dressing, medication management, dining assistance and special diets, emergency response call system, housekeeping, laundry and linen service.

Map of Brookdale Baywood