Mesa is a large city situated in the heart of Arizona, just 20 miles east of Phoenix. It’s home to nearly 520,000 people and has a large senior community that comprises over 16% of the population. In general, health care is affordable in Mesa, and seniors have access to numerous high-performing hospitals, including Banner Baywood Medical Center and Arizona General Hospital Mesa.

Nursing homes offer long-term intensive care for those who need around-the-clock monitoring due to a chronic illness or injury. These facilities provide services such as medication management, personal care, wound care and daily activities. It’s the most expensive option in Mesa, with fees coming in at $9,247 per month on average for semiprivate rooms. Seniors who need intermittent or short-term skilled nursing services likely find assisted living and home health care to be more affordable options.

This guide covers the cost of nursing home care in greater detail and compares it to other senior care options. It also provides an overview of the local programs and organizations that help older adults obtain skilled nursing services they need in their home or residential care community or find financial assistance options when nursing home placement is necessary.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Mesa, AZ

Sante of Mesa

5358 E Baseline Road , Mesa, AZ, 85206

The staff is very caring . Sometimes it takes the CNA’s a while to answer a call bell, but all are pleasant and polite. The food is good, but again, sometimes very slow to arrive. The therapists … (read more)

2014

Springdale Village

7255 EAST BROADWAY ROAD, Mesa, AZ, 85208

The management is unprofessional. When asked to do some thing they say they will and they just never bothered to do it. Hoping you will forget. The rooms are not clean. The food is very poor quality. … (read more)

Advanced Health Care of Mesa

5755 East Main Street, Mesa, AZ, 85205

I went to Advanced Healthcare for rehab after I had surgery, and it was wonderful. The care that they give you and the rehab, the food and everything, they are just very caring, and it is a very nice … (read more)

HealthSouth East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital

5652 E. Baseline Road, Mesa, AZ, 85206

HealthSouth East Valley is where my sister is right now. They don’t just put them in their room and let them lay there. They try to rehabilitate them. It’s the best place I’ve seen. Everything i … (read more)

Good Samaritan Society – Mesa Good Shepherd

5848 EAST UNIVERSITY DRIVE, Mesa, AZ, 85205

Good Samaritan was clean, well-lit, and it didn’t smell. The people there were very knowledgeable about what they were doing and how they were handling the situation with each individual patient. The … (read more)

East Mesa Healthcare Center

51 SOUTH 48TH STREET, Mesa, AZ, 85206

I would like to thank everyone at Montecito. They are the reason I’m back home & healthy. Especially the following workers who took care of me daily. BRINKLEY- UNIT COORDINATOR, ANGELA U.-NURSE … (read more)

Promise Hospital of Phoenix

433 E. 6th Street, Mesa, AZ, 85203

My husband is in Promise Nursing Center (Promise Hospital of Phoenix). The rooms were very nice and very clean. It is a nursing home, but it is more of a hospital setting. I am impressed that the staf … (read more)

Mi Casa Nursing Center

330 South Pinnule Circle, Mesa, AZ, 85206

MY wife when their for one day and during the nite they never check on my wife i call her 4 time NO ANSER i then call the main office they said they would call back not till the next DAY . My wife fi … (read more)

Symphony of Mesa

3130 East Broadway, Mesa, AZ, 85204

My daughter-in-law was in Symphony for rehab. The care was not that good, she was in a lot of pain, and she was upset by waiting for hours before she was able to get her medication. The staff was not … (read more)

Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center

255 W Brown Road, Mesa, AZ, 85201

My uncle was in this place for about 3 weeks. Place smells. No one ans. the facility phone after 3:30. Hard to reach my uncle as no phone was in his room. I had to hope the nurses’ station would get … (read more)

Desert Blossom Health & Rehabilitation

60 South 58th Street, Mesa, AZ, 85206

We were promised we could have in room visits as my wife had received both of her COVID-19 shots. After my wife got her room, we were refused entry as her room mate was in quarantine.. For all we kn … (read more)

Citadel Post Acute

5121 East Broadway Road, Mesa, AZ, 85206

If I could give a negative review, I would. This is a horrible facility and I would never recommend it to anyone, especially an elderly person who is confused, ill and in need of quality care. Let me … (read more)

Mission Palms of Mesa Health and Rehabilitation Ce

6458 EAST BROADWAY ROAD, Mesa, AZ, 85206

This is the worst facility you could bring your loved ones to. My Aunt was threatened by one of the nurses that she was going to call the cops and make it so she couldn’t come see my grandmother. They … (read more)

Trillium Specialty Hospital-east Valley

215 SOUTH POWER RD, Mesa, AZ, 85206

Trillium SUCKS! We were lined up to go to Trillium when my mother was severly ill. My family was a bit concerned that Trillium had recieved poor marks from consumers so we decided to go to Selective S … (read more)

North Chandler Place

2555 North Price Rd., Chandler, AZ, 85224

Father in law stayed here and was transported by emergency to Chandler Regional hospital by ambulance. The following day family went to this place to collect his wedding ring, watch, cell phone and w … (read more)

Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community

2620 NORTH 68TH STREET, Scottsdale, AZ, 85257

My dad has been in the skilled nursing unit for almost 3 years. The care he gets is really good. The facility is clean and well maintained. I have enjoyed meals with him in the dining room. Before Cov … (read more)

FRIENDSHIP VILLAGE PALLIATIVE CARE UNIT – Hospice of the Valley

2645 EAST SOUTHERN AVENUE, Tempe, AZ, 85282

Friendship Village Tempe is located in Tempe, Arizona, just a short drive from Banner Desert Medical Center, Ehrhardt Park, and Superstition Freeway, as well as several restaurants and shopping center … (read more)

2015

The Gardens of Scottsdale

6001 East Thomas Road, Scottsdale, AZ, 85251

Santé of Chandler

825 S 94th Street, Chandler, AZ, 85224

My mother loves the food and PT/OT staff.
My mother loves the food and PT/OT staff.

Archstone Care Center

1980 WEST PECOS ROAD, Chandler, AZ, 85224

Their moto is: "Where everyone is treated like family" we have not seen this. Do not feel like family. All they are concerned about is how they will be paid. Not helpful people and rude. Do not ret … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Mesa, Arizona

Nursing homes in Mesa charge an average of $9,247 per month for semiprivate rooms. Private rooms are about 15% more expensive at $10,646.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Nursing home cost data for Mesa is included in the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey’s monthly median costs for the Phoenix Area. According to this survey, seniors in the Mesa region pay approximately $9,247 monthly for semiprivate accommodations, which is well over the state median of $6,844 and the national norm of $7,756. In the Lake Havasu City Area, fees average $7,437 monthly, and in the Prescott Valley Area, nursing home costs are equal to the state median at $6,844. Seniors in Tucson pay $6,565 per month for care, and Flagstaff is the cheapest option at $5,627.

$9247

Prescott Valley Area

$5627

Flagstaff

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

On average, semiprivate rooms in nursing homes cost $9,247 per month, and seniors in private rooms pay $10,646. Depending on the individual’s care needs, other options may be more appropriate and cost-effective. For those who need short-term or intermittent skilled nursing services, assisted living, which costs $3,700 monthly, may be an option. Seniors who prefer to receive nursing services in their own homes may be good candidates for home health care, which averages $5,243 monthly. Home care, which includes personal care services without skilled nursing, is a little more affordable at $5,148. The most affordable senior care option is adult day health care at $867 per month.

$5148

Adult day health care

$3700

Assisted living

$9247

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10646

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Mesa, Arizona

Free Resources for Seniors in Mesa, Arizona

The following resources from public or private nonprofit organizations offer services to help seniors live safely in their home or a residential care community. They may also provide financial advice and long-term care options counseling to help seniors avoid nursing home placement or identify programs to help them cover care costs when placement is necessary.

Resource Contact Service
Area Agency on Aging Region One (602) 264-4357 The local Area Agency on Aging provides case management, personal care services, nonemergency medical transportation and home-delivered meals to qualifying seniors in the Mesa region. The Agency also has a long-term care ombudsman to advocate on behalf of seniors residing in long-term care communities and investigate reports of abuse and neglect in nursing homes.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program Helpline (800) 432-4040 SHIP is a free health benefits counseling program for Medicare-qualifying seniors in Mesa. Its confidential helpline is staffed by volunteers who are trained to answer questions about Medicare benefits, Medicaid waiver programs that may cover nursing home care and long-term care insurance. Volunteers can also help seniors understand medical bills and hospital charges and dispute denied insurance coverage.
Maricopa County Senior and Adult Services (602) 506-3011 The County’s Senior and Adult Services Division provides case management for seniors aged 60 and over and adults aged 18-59 who have qualifying disabilities. Some services seniors may obtain include home-delivered meals, home nursing and assistance with identifying and applying for other community resources. While there are no income limits for services, priority is given to those who are the most economically vulnerable.
Mesa Vet Center (480) 610-6727 The Mesa Vet Center assists qualifying seniors in the Mesa region through information, advocacy and outreach services. Through the Center, veterans can apply for programs and benefits that may help them cover nursing home care or skilled nursing services in the community, including the VA pension, Aid and Attendance or Housebound benefit or service-related disability compensation.
Aster Aging (480) 964-9014 Aster Aging is a local nonprofit organization that serves Mesa seniors through a broad range of services. Some services include home-delivered meals, in-home support and benefits enrollment assistance. It also operates several senior centers throughout the region that provide congregate meals, options counseling and wellness screenings and services.