Vi at Silverstone

Reviews of Vi at Silverstone

Assisted Living Reviews for Vi at Silverstone

Nursing Home Reviews for Vi at Silverstone

May 13, 2015

Vi at Silverstone is a buy-in community about $500,000, so I was not interested with this at all. It's a very upscale community, and the units were very large -- about 2000 square feet -- but the price was out of my category. The staff was busy, but they called me back. If you had the money, this is a good place to go.

December 23, 2013

Vi at Silverstone was a beautiful facility physically. Their price was high though. When I visited this place, they did mention that they have activities there. Regarding accommodations, they have everything from studios, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Vi at Silverstone

November 30, 2015

Vi at Silverstone was very nice. They had villas and apartments, but they require a large entrance fee. The staff was very nice. They all invited us to come back. They had a heated swimming pool and exercise equipments.

October 30, 2013

By Marjorie10

Silverstone is a bit more expensive and a bit more luxurious. We just didn't want to go that far though it's closer to us. They have a full range of facilities and activities.

November 20, 2012

By Helping Hands Kathy

The staff were very caring and kind to the residents, very patient. I was a caregiver part time for 2 of the residents. The food was delicious, the living areas, community areas, and their apartments were clean, bright, and cheerful.

September 30, 2011

By Nicholas Panza

Other

The facility is nice, though the layout is quite confusing, it took me about a month of weekly visits to find my way around so I worry about the residents, especially new residents. The facility is large and spacious so the residents have a lot of room, but I have heard them complain that everything is too spread out and it takes long for them to walk to different areas of the facility. This one resident has to use a walker everywhere he goes and he says that it takes him forever, he said he is planning on getting a motorized chair so he can easily zip through the hallways. The facility is decorated very nicely though, it is very open and bright. All of the windows make the facility seem very cheerful. There are quite a few things in the facility that the residents can do to keep busy. They do activities with the residents everyday and there's also activity rooms and a library. There are TV's and computers and an art studio which is kind of neat. There is also an 18-hole putting green which the residents really enjoy. My favorite part is the indoor pool, it is very big and it's nice that the residents can use it year-round. There are also a lot of classes and clubs for the residents to partake in and the staff plan some pretty cool field trips for the residents. Most of the residents like to be active so there are things to keep them busy every day. I have spoke with each resident at one time or another and I make it a point to introduce myself to new people as they move in. They always say nice things about the staff, they tell me that the staff are very helpful and they are always making sure that the residents are comfortable and that they have everything they need. I have sat and watched the staff with the residents many times. They are usually very friendly and I like that they approach the residents to see if they need anything instead of the residents always having to go up to them for help. They will sit and talk with the residents about their day and catch up on their lives, they seem to be very close to the residents. I have also seen that when the staff become really busy, while they don't spend as much individualized attention with each resident, they are still very nice and professional, they don't become all flustered and stressed out and I have never seen them take the chaos out on the residents. For the most part, they all seem to work very well under pressure. The apartments and facility is usually very clean and the residents are always bathed and have are clean-cut. . There are many choices for mealtimes at this facility. They offer casual dining to fine dining and the food is always served hot. I have seen some of the dishes that come out of the kitchen and they really look like meals you would see in a fancy restaurant, only the portions are bigger! They have this demonstration kitchen where the chef will teach the residents about easy and nutritious meals they could make themselves and the residents love it. They also have cooking classes and cooking activities all of the time. The is this outdoor eating area that can be used for a private family dinner, it is so cool. It reminds me of an outdoor picnic area you would see in a vineyard. It is semi-covered with ceiling fans for added comfort. You are surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, it is a great place for families to celebrate special days. Kids love eating out there and they are able to run around outside while the adults socialize. I am always happy to visit Vi at Silverstone, the residents overall are always happy and the staff is friendly. I have had many families tell me that the staff is very easy to talk to and get along with and they always call and inform the family of their loved one's status. The facility costs quite a bit more than other facilities I have seen that are just as nice, so I think that potential residents and families need to figure out is the amenities, services, and quality of care is right for them. I do recommend Vi all of the time because it is a great facility and it is one of the easiest facilities I frequent because there are very few problems and I rarely hear residents voice complaints about the staff or the facility, so I think it is definitely worth your time to take a look!
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool

• State Licenses: AL8222

About Vi at Silverstone

Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community in north Scottsdale and located north of Phoenix, is a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). Vi at Silverstone is part of a 165-acre master-planned community on the former site of the Rawhide Western Town. Our assisted and independent living community offers a wide variety of activities and amenities to enhance the lifestyles of all senior residents. Vi at Silverston is a place where it’s easy to feel at home.

Some of the unique benefits you can expect with Vi at Silverstone include and are not limited to:

• Dedicated staff from our chefs, nursing, housekeeping, front desk, and more
  • On site Assisted living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing facilities
  • Social spaces and welcoming residents, from our movie theater, bar, card rooms, spa and salon, golfing and more, you’ll meet and enjoy plenty of friendly residents to enjoy our community with
  • Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home and laundering of linens and towels
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared by our culinary team
  • Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
  • Valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
  • Fully enclosed dog park on-site, complete with gated enclosure and a drinking fountain for dogs
  • Wellness Center staffed Monday through Friday by a registered nurse available for confidential health consult
  • State of the art fitness center includes TechnoGym® equipment, treadmills, recumbent bicycles, cross training
  • Fitness instruction and classes, including Tai Chi, Zumba and weight training
  • Heated salt-filtered outdoor and indoor pools for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes
  • Pets welcomed (up to 35 lbs.)
  • The benefits and amenities of living at Vi at Silverstone go beyond our community as well. With Phoenix conveniently nearby, you can visit the beautiful Desert Botanical Garden or browse the history of the Phoenix Art Museum, enjoy the culture and music of the Phoenix and Orpheum Theater, visit the diverse species that the Phoenix Zoo has to offer, test your golfing skills at 3 nearby championship courses, and much more.

Whether you live in Scottsdale or elsewhere, Vi at Silverstone has everything to offer to provide you a retirement like no other. When you join our community, you’re joining a life full of social activities, comfort, and excitement.

How it works

At Vi at Silverstone offers two different pricing options, depending on the percentage of return. Your entrance fee and monthly fee pay for your apartment home, as well as access to our onsite continuum of care. The entrance fee is a one-time fee paid when you move into the community, and is based on the floor plan and return option you choose. Additionally, your monthly fees - which are directly tied to the floor plan you choose - also cover a range of services including: maintenance of your home, housekeeping, dining, transportation, and more. Should you move or need to access the care center, your independent living monthly fees will not increase, aside from community wide increases, the cost of additional meals and ancillary items as needed.

About Vi

For more than 30 years, Vi has been enriching the lives of seniors. The Vi family of companies includes 10 Life Plan Communities, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), across the United States. Since 1987, Vi has owned and operated residential communities for older adults, we work toward providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.

Map of Vi at Silverstone