Vi at Grayhawk

Reviews of Vi at Grayhawk

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Vi at Grayhawk

June 13, 2017

By Mommabaer

At first glance this facility is outstanding! You are welcomed and they are eager to meet with you and get you started on the process of completing all financial information, which is excessive. As I went through this process with my mother who was eager and anxious to make this community her home, I was so happy that she had found a place that she thought was worth giving up her large home for. Oh, but there was a catch......my incredibly healthy and very independent mom has MS. She was diagnosed with MS in 2002 and has not had one relapse since her diagnosis, 15 years ago, nor have her MRI's changed at all in 15 years! As a matter of fact, Barrows Neurological Institute has told her there is no need for her to be on any medication and she does not have to come back and see them unless something changes. She lives alone, drives and is active in her community, she just doesn't want the burden of taking care of a large home any more. She also doesn't want her kids to have to worry about her. She completed all of her paperwork, was approved financially, she met with two people on their medical staff only to receive a call a couple of day later informing her that she was not accepted to be a resident due to her MS! Why would they let her go through this process if having MS was a disqualifier? She has asked to meet with the Director of the facility and I have left a message for the Director for a better explanation. One week later, neither one of us have gotten the courtesy of a return phone call or a more in depth explanation other than MS is a debilitating disease. This is completely unacceptable for what is supposed to be a top rated facility. I also believe it falls into discrimination. I would not recommend anyone that has a senior relative with any kind of health issue, which most of them do, to even consider this facility. It is appalling in regards to how they have treated my mother.

November 29, 2016

By Jack316016

We looked at the villas at Vi at Grayhawk which were free-standing homes. The place was extremely well maintained, and it was top of the line. It had an 8-hole putting green course, outdoor pools, and outdoor spas.

July 07, 2016

By George232337

Vi at Grayhawk was very expensive, almost like a retirement home for the rich and famous. I loved the place. It’s beautiful. It is closer to what I’m looking for but so expensive. I really liked it except for its $200,000 to $400,000 entrance fee. It’s very high end. I spent about an hour and a half up there walking around and talking with the person who was showing me around, who was just great. I was almost sold on the place until I got to the pricing. Again, the facility itself looked well kept, the staff looked like they’re concerned, and there is a hospital right across the street. I can’t say anything bad about it other than the price. They had sensors in all the rooms to detect movement.

November 30, 2015

Everything was excellent at Vi at Grayhawk except the entrance fee, which was too high. They had beautiful rooms. The staff was outstanding. They all asked us to come back. They had all kinds of activities, exercise rooms, and swimming. They had a buffet-style restaurant. I've been there three times, and each time, the dining room was crowded; you're not sure where you're going to sit down. You may have to stand there holding the plate until a chair becomes vacant.

May 31, 2015

We have decided to go to Grayhawk (Vi at Grayhawk). We are thoroughly thrilled with it. We eat dinner there, and the food is great. We are going to get a casita, and it is exactly what we are looking for. Everything about it is just fine. The staff is wonderful. The ones that we meet are very nice, gracious, helpful, and knowledgeable.

April 30, 2015

I am living at Vi at Grayhawk, and I really like the facility I am in. The room that I have is very good. I am happy in this facility, but I am a little unhappy with the way they charged me because they based it on the other unit that I had in their independent living. Other than that, their service is good as well as their meals. The staff is very good. They have different kinds of staff ranging from nurses to doctors that are available. They also have people who serve meals and people who come in and clean your room. They do their job. The dining room is very good, and we have our own assigned tables. It's four of us to a table, and that worked out very good. On their assisted living, their activities are designed for people who have special needs. The thing that impressed us most is the variety of things that were available to us. The place is very secure.

March 31, 2015

By Helen108585250

The people at Vi at Grayhawk are wonderful, knowledgeable, and straightforward in everything. The apartments are beautiful, and it is one of the best I have seen anywhere. As for activities, they have everything that you can think of including golf. They have staff available 24/7; that is amazing. It is the most complete facility I have seen.

October 30, 2013

By Marjorie10

Grayhawk is close to where we live and we have looked at it for a couple of years partly because we have some friends who have moved there. It's very well-run and it's within the business community. It's ranked very, very high. We've had lunch there and several tours. The food is very attractive and there are plenty of choices. There are a couple of dining rooms and coffee shops. Everybody has been very helpful. I just like the ambience at Grayhawk.

October 19, 2011

By AndyA

There's one big black mark against this otherwise excellent facility. I've tried for months to get this erased without success. Early in the year, I invited five guests to dinner at the "four star" dining room. These included a gentle, elderly lady who was enjoying a rare night out. This senior initially declined dessert, but changed her mind and requested it. The impatient server leaned over the table and hissed, " You said you didn't want any!" I intervened and told the server my guest had changed her mind and please serve the dessert. The server straightened up, glared at me, and stomped off! She refused to serve my guest, and never returned to the table. This wonderful lady was acutely embarrassed, and waved me down when I was going after the server. The effect of the server's behavior was an emotional slap in the face to this senior! It completely spoiled a night out, put a chill on the party, and destroyed what had been a very pleasant evening. THERE WERE FIVE WITNESSES. I reported the incident to management. To date, they see no reason for the server to apologize. Sum result: after months of trying to get action, the server is still in the restaurant. In a MacDonalds, she would probably have been fired on the spot. My guest has refused all invitations to return. For us, every time we go into this "four star" restaurant, and see this waitress, it is a very painful reminder of an ugly, unprovoked incident directed against a wonderful, gentle person. Keep in mind that it takes several hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy into this facility, and thousands of dollars in monthly maintenance fees, all intended to provide peaceful, tranquil living for seniors. I believe that the actions-or more precisely, the non-actions- of management are worth a big, black mark.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Costs for Vi at Grayhawk

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Vi at Grayhawk

Services and Amenities of Vi at Grayhawk

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $3060/month

• Housing Extra: 2 Br Plus Den, Freestanding "Casitas"

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About Vi at Grayhawk

Overlooking the magnificent McDowell Mountains, Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, offers easy access to the master-planned community's amenities as well as a wide variety of features and services. The community has been ranked #1 in Independent/Assisted Living in "The Best of Arizona Business" for 13 consecutive years. And in 2014, U.S. News and World Report named the Vi at Grayhawk care center one of the best in the nation.

HOW IT WORKS

At Vi at Grayhawk your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 20 unique floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

SERVICES AND AMENITIES

There are a number of services and amenities available to residents at Vi at Grayhawk, including:

• Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping and bed linen services
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared daily
  • Casual, bistro style, and fine dining restaurants available with table service:
  • Valet parking services
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests and accept deliveries
  • Fitness equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStep&reg cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Fitness instruction and classes including yoga, tai chi and weight training
  • Heated, salt-filtered indoor and outdoor pools
  • Instructor-led aqua fitness classes and relaxation
  • 18-hole championship putting course
  • Reading areas and computer resource center
  • Social spaces and lounges throughout the club area including an art studio, billiards and rooms
Community services and amenities are subject to change.

At Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, we believe in giving residents the support they need so they can enjoy life to its fullest and remain active, vital members of our community. Our on-campus care center offers a residential setting with the reassurance of care that you won't find at home. In 2014, U.S. News and World Report named the Vi at Grayhawk care center one of the best in the nation.

Skilled Nursing

Skilled nursing care at our community provides residents with private care suites, with individualized treatment plans carried out by licensed nurses. We offer short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care. We coordinate other levels of care such as palliative care and hospice care as needed.

Map of Vi at Grayhawk