Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

Reviews of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

September 30, 2021

By Marybeth2007

The staff are horrible, lack of professionalism, the lack of communication, and follow up is disgraceful. Never mind, the half truths that have been told, and someone stating, I'll take care of it for you and no follow through. My mom likes the people she's met but it's not worth the extraneous items we've been dealing. We've opted to give it until the end of the year but that's it, as the level of care is a yo-yo to these people. Never mind, staff doesn't know how to listen to the concerns of family .

Hello Marybeth, Thank you for sharing your concerns. It’s unfortunate that your brief experience with us so far has not reflected our commitment to being a great place to work and to live. If you'd like to personally speak further, please don't hesitate to contact us and I will put you contact with the appropriate person.

September 16, 2021

By Stephen

I toured Atria Park of Sierra Pointe. It was a very nice facility. It was just a little bit too large for mom as far as the overall floor plan of a place. The staff was very thorough. She was very passionate about what she did, she answered questions, and provided information. We had lunch, and the food was very good.

August 08, 2021

By Juergen

I went to Atria Park of Sierra Pointe. It seemed like a very nice place, kind of resort-like. Rooms looked pretty. They gave me a full tour. They explained things like activities and things that can be done. They showed me a model. Then they showed me the room that was available. This place was immaculate. You'd have to pick and choose what furniture you would take. It looked like there was sufficient size for a small couch and a chair in the main room. What they call the studio was actually almost like a one bedroom because the bedroom was separate from the rest of the living area. It was a small bed, but you could easily get a full or a queen size bed in there. The dining area was very nice, more like a restaurant or what you might find in a hotel. I would say that's definitely a cut above a cafeteria. It reminded me of a hotel. They did have a gym. It seemed like they had crafts, painting, and game rooms.

July 03, 2021

By kenc

We were very unhappy with Atria Park at Sierra Pointe and recently moved my mother to a place that was not only much much better, but less expensive. Sierra Pointe is a poor choice for your loved one. Our biggest problem was the quality of caregiving provided to those who needed assisted living services. While the caregivers try their best, they are massively understaffed and it is impossible for them to provide responsive care. This puts residents who need help with mobility at risk for falls and hip fractures. Also, it is just so undignified. Residents who need help going to the bathroom end up getting wet because they don't get the help they need in time. It is not surprising so many residents end up hiring their own caregivers. Before Atria took over, Sierra Pointe used to have a reputation for outstanding food. Now it's reduced to college cafeteria fare, often served cold because the dining room is so understaffed. There seems to be little interest in improving--and it is my impression that there is a culture of fear, in which some residents believe they will be asked to move out if they complain. For example, when I told the executive director that I was concerned that my Mom's apartment did not have the kind of disability access that one would expect in assisted living (basic stuff like a wheel chair accessible shower), I was met with the response that it seemed my Mom's needs were beyond the service level Atria can provide. I tried to bring my concerns to the attention of the corporate office but unfortunately, it seems the corporate office mostly views its role as helping their facilities deal with "troublesome" families--not seriously addressing deficiencies. If you tour Sierra Pointe, be sure to ask about their resident turnover---A huge number of residents, some who have been there for years, have left. Also, be sure to ask why their staff turnover is so high. Because of the huge vacancy rate, you will likely be offered a great deal for your first year. But don't be fooled. Atria seems to rope in customers with great first-year deals, then massively increases the rent each year--while spending as little on its residents as possible. Think long term. You can do much much better than Atria Park at Sierra Pointe.

Ken, We care deeply about our residents and employees because they are our highest purpose and priority. Our leaders have personally spoken with your family on several occasions to discuss your feedback. We are always working as hard as we can to provide quality service for our residents.

June 10, 2020

By Reviewer05292020

I was very disappointed in Atria Park of Sierra Pointe. It was a very big facility, but the residents there were very snobbish. My mother is very friendly, but this particular group that was there was very unfriendly and it was very uncomfortable for her. The rooms were nice. She had a really cute room, but they didn't have what we needed. They told us that they had all these things that we were asking for and they ended up not having them. The caregivers were great. The food was pretty good. Their facility was nice, but some of the things were old and the administration didn't have a hold on the residents. It was just not a good situation.

Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's important to us. It’s unfortunate that your mother's experience with us did not reflect our commitment to being a great place to live. We take pride in delivering quality service. If you'd like to personally speak further, please don't hesitate to contact us.

January 16, 2019

By Janet

My mother is at Atria Park of Sierra Pointe, and it’s wonderful. The staff is very attentive. They have activities, hair care, nails, good food, singing, dogs come in, make-up, bingo, and lots of stuff. It’s expensive, but it’s good.

Janet, Thank you for sharing your kind compliments. Your feedback and your mother’s experience is important to us.

February 13, 2018

By Isabel Johnson

Other

I called to get info on rates and availability, and the marketing director Peter was rude, muttering under his breath. He actually hung up on me after a couple painful minutes trying to find out what their enhanced care wing is about. When I asked if they have studios, he annoyingly muttered "really?" as if it was a stupid and ridiculous question. He was totally vague, and not willing to even let me know what types of apartments they have. If that is the person they hired as the first point of contact with the company, I would not even dream of placing my family there! The guy was toxic!

Hi Isabel, We're sorry to hear about this experience and have shared your comments with regional leadership. If you're interested in learning more about the community, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

October 17, 2017

By Serious Visitor

Atria was a nice place, but it was all very old people. The place and the apartments were nice, but the average age was 86. We're active people so we wanted a place that had activities going on. They had activities, but they had a lot of walkers and a lot of wheelchairs. The dining area was nice, but we didn't eat there. Overall, we didn't like the place because of the location and the people were all old.

Thank you for visiting and taking time to share your thoughts. I’m sorry this community wasn’t a fit, but please let us know if you’d like to talk more or learn about some of our other Arizona locations We can be reached any time by email us.

January 02, 2017

By Marion701134

Atria Park has a lot of wonderful things, so we really liked it. I liked the idea that you can go into an apartment and as your needs increased, stay in the same apartment. The memory department will come and take care of you. You don’t have to move from one apartment to another. The dining area was a very big and nice room. The rooms that I saw were very nice. I did not have any negative feelings about them.

October 10, 2016

By Joann885461

Atria Park of Sierra Pointe was the first one we visited. It was a lovely place. We like it a lot. The lady was very friendly. Again, it seemed like a big empty hotel. The people were in line to go eat, but we really didn’t talk to any of the residents. There was nothing wrong with it. We thought it was fine.

January 28, 2016

By Sherry119481950

I visited Atria. It was very nice. The people were very nice. It is in a very nice neighborhood. The amenities seemed to be good to me. I checked two apartments, and they were very nice. I was quite impressed.

December 16, 2015

Atria Sierra Pointe was wonderful but expensive. The staff and apartments were very nice and perfect. I did not taste the food, but I saw it, and it looked terrific. They had tons of unbelievable amenities.

October 25, 2015

By Claire22

Atria was very nice and very fancy. It’s just beautiful and perfect. I do not have any complaints about it at all. They have just about everything. They have a separate section for people who are memory impaired, and there’s a lot going on for anybody who is able-bodied, like bus trips. The rooms have balconies, and you can get a one- or two-bedroom or a studio, which was pretty large. I would’ve moved in myself. It was just exquisitely beautiful. The people were lovely, too. The lady that helped us gave us a tour twice: once with my husband and myself, and the second time was with my mother. She spent a lot of time with us, and we never had the sense of not having enough time to get to know the place.

August 21, 2015

It's really expensive. We ate there several times, and the food was good. It's just not affordable for us people, so that takes it out of the running even though it was nice and clean. They have art classes, swimming pool, a movie theater, and often a lot of activities. I know somebody whose wife worked there who quit because she didn't like the treatment the patients were getting. That's one of the reasons other than cost why we eliminated Atria Sierra Pointe, but you can lease there, so you don't have to buy.

August 21, 2015

It felt like an extension of home, which was really good. You didn't have this sense that this is just where people come to die. We met a very active group. Peter was great in taking me around several times, and I bought mom back to see the place; she was delighted. They offered painting classes, and they had a walking group and Bridge group. All of that would've been good for her. She liked Atria Sierra Pointe, and she could see herself living there. They were also offering to have an interior designer that they pay to come to your home to help you choose what things to bring and what would work for safe planning, and that was a wonderful thing to offer for these folks. Pets were allowed. There were lots of field trips, and they had one whole activity room. They would sign them up for activities whether it's concerts, plays, or Diamondbacks games. They were amazing.

May 17, 2015

By son1945

Since Atria has taken over Sierra Pointe it has gone downhill quite a bit. The staff is still wonderful but the quality of food and services has suffered greatly, apparently in consideration of Atria's bottom line. Assisted living residents are "locked in", requiring them to be buzzed in and out of the facility and they are not permitted to attend any activities on the independent side of the building regardless of their capabilities. Atria's first rent increase was over 5% and they readily admit that future increase may go as high as 7%. Less quality for more money seems to be their mantra. I would not vouch for the future of this facility based upon Artie's corporate approach which is unfortunate since this used to be a wonderful place to live.

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us. We’re sorry to hear of your frustration, and would like the chance to connect with you to learn more about how we can improve your experience at Atria Sierra Pointe. If you’re comfortable with sharing more, please reach out to us.

May 12, 2015

By Bill107252050

Atria Sierra Pointe was a luxury place. It's the most expensive, but it's very topnotch. Everything was new, and it had the modern, high-end look. It had a really nice cafeteria. I just thought it would be a little bit too large a facility for my mother, and the residents might be a little bit higher than my mom's social class, but they were very helpful and friendly and showed us around.

February 22, 2015

We have put my father in Atria in Scottsdale. It was one of our five selections, and it was the cleanest. His apartment was the largest out of all the ones that we had looked at, with two bathrooms and two bedrooms, and we really enjoy the people that work there. He seems to be pretty well pleased with the food, just like any restaurant. He has some good and bad meals every once in a while, but overall he is very satisfied with it. One of the complaints is that they only serve one meal on Sunday, just brunch. Unfortunately, my father does not want to engage in activities. They have quite a few: museum trips, grocery store trips, art events, happy hour, and card games.

December 20, 2011

By SRRA

I have visited Sierra Pointe this pass spring. In general, I thought Sierra Pointe was absolutely beautiful. Sierra Pointe was so breathtaking. The grounds of the facility are outstanding. This facility offers so much like pools, spas, and nice gardens. The common areas of the facility is amazing. Everywhere you looked was amazing from the decor to the staff. The residents' rooms were huge and offered so much unlike other facilities, Sierra Pointe offers residents safety, entertainment, and many professional services right on the grounds.  The staff and management of the facility are amazing. You get every healthcare professional there is from the doctor to the caregivers and all of them were so nice and friendly was just amazing. The staff was interacting with residents  everywhere I turned it was like a mini inside community where everyone knows everyone. While I was there, I noticed the residents had many activities and entertainment to do throughout the day. Also that Sierra Pointe can care for all levels from independent to assisted living. Overall, Sierra Pointe  is a beautiful rich filled facility full of life and enjoying it to the fullest type of facility. I would recommend anyone looking for a very active classy community in northeast Scottsdale to Sierra Pointe anyway!  Five stars a must see community!

September 30, 2011

By Candace Ropp

Other

The morale among the residents in this facility is very high. They all seem to get along nicely and I have seen many situations where they have been supportive of one another. They all seem so happy, active, and confident. I love talking to them because there is this type of positive energy that like radiates off of them. They always have new stories to tell me and they love to talk about all of the happenings around the facility. I always look forward to my visits and I know that for the most part, they will probably be good visits. The staff is also very welcoming and friendly. The facility is beautiful and you can see the McDowell Mountains from many different places throughout the building. The apartments are pretty spacious and they always seem very clean. There are a few apartments where the residents knick knack's and personal items make the apartments very cluttered and they are placed all throughout the rooms, one apartment has items stacked on the floor. I worry about the resident's safety in these rooms as they could trip, fall into things, what could happen in the event of a fire, and so on. I think that the staff need to get in there and help the residents to better organize their belongings and make their apartments an easier place for them to move around in. There are many amenities available and I always see the residents taking full advantage of them, which is great! I love seeing the residents roaming about and socializing with one another as oppose to them being in their apartments all day. I actually think that the residents spend more time out of their apartments then in them! The facility is made up of three main Independent Living floors and then the Assisted Living area. The services and amenities are spread out among the main floors. Kids love running around exploring the community and there are many kid-friendly areas to play. There are many families that spend a lot of time in the facility visiting, so they also take full advantage of all of the services. I have had many kids that visit the facility tell me that they like the second floor the most because there's a huge movie theatre, a game room, craft and activity rooms, a computer lab, and an aquarium that is built right into the wall. A resident told me once that whenever his great-granddaughter visits that he and her will sit in front of the aquarium and together they give the fish funny names. He says that they're his favorite times and that he's so thankful that Sierra Pointe thought of the kids too. Dining at Sierra Pointe is like dining in a restaurant, only there is better wait staff in the facility then in most restaurants. There are options available to satisfy all cravings, whether it's a cup of coffee, a snack, or an exotic dish. There is a buffet available on the weekends and it is really good. A variety of food is offered and they have a great omelet bar. The pastries and bagels are also really tasty. There is also a wide variety of menu options so whether you feel like a grilled cheese sandwich or filet mignon, the possibilities are almost endless. I have eaten there a few times on the weekdays and I wish everyone could experience eating at Sierra Pointe at least once. Sierra Pointe may be a bit more costly than other facilities in the area but I really think that in the end when you look at the quality of care, the amenities and services offered, and all of the opportunities made available to the residents, I think that it could be worth spending a bit more. I think that the staff really does strive to provide the best possible care to each resident and while the facility is a very nice place to visit, you need to make sure that it is the appropriate place for you or your loved ones to live.

June 10, 2011

By S.Sherrill

Other

Sierra Pointe is a beautiful, resort-like facility, where the residents are treated like royalty. They have plenty of social activities, and a friendly, caring staff. They also have the most magnificent saltwater aquarium I've ever seen, built into the wall, on the second floor. Last I heard, there was a 2 year waiting list to get into Sierra Pointe.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

February 02, 2019

By marknick

If you like a nice physical plant andFriendly smile’s, this place is as good as any. However, if your family member likes to eat food that tastes better than cardboard, then look elsewhere. Over cooked and tasteless frozen food is no deal at greater than $5000 per month. This is without any other services other than the food! After multiple chefs, the food remains either tasteless or inedible. They clearly make their profit margin off of the nutritional support of our seniors!

Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'd like to invite you to our monthly Food For Thought meeting, where you can speak directly with the chef about the options that you do or don't like, make suggestions and even share your own family recipes.

August 21, 2017

By Richard

My impression of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe is good. It had the same amenities as all the others, including a gym, library, movie theater, bridge, Bingo, and everything else. The food was good, I liked it. The staff was very friendly and the facilities were good. I didn't see any problems.

December 16, 2016

By RNdaughter22

Since the facility changed to Atria and certified as Assisted Living, the Independent residents are constantly seeing Caregivers and many more debilitated people. My Mom is independent and she feels sad when she sees very ill people. Mom has seen 2 people die in the Dining Room. I know this cannot be helped.

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for sharing your feedback. Your concerns are important to us and we encourage you to connect directly with Tracy, your Executive Director.

November 25, 2016

By Carol446275

Atria Park of Sierra Pointe was a beautiful building. The apartment that we saw was very nice. It didn't really have a fitness center, just a room with bicycles. It did have a very expensive program where they would take you to the symphonies and shows. It had books that you could just sign out whatever you wanted which was very nice. We had a meal there and I enjoyed mine. There was someone who comes in every Thursday to do alterations, if you needed something fixed, which is a nice service. They had a lot of nice services there. The dining room was lovely, very large, and very nice.

October 04, 2016

By Brenda M.

We visited Atria Park, and it was lovely and terrific but very pricey. The people were very helpful. The amenities were wonderful and beautiful. I would move in if we could afford it.

July 13, 2016

By Jane006023

We are living in Atria Park of Sierra Pointe. I like that the people that work here are attentive. The staff is not just knowledgeable, but they share without making it sound overwhelming. The food is excellent and good for the senior diet; they pay attention. It is always immaculately clean.

Costs for Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

• Diabetic

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: We are licensed for directed, personal and supvervisory care
  • State Licenses: AL9474C

About Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

Our luxurious, resort-style community is situated in a residential neighborhood in North Scottsdale with stunning mountain views and kaleidoscopic sunsets. We're within walking distance of shopping, dining and banking less than 20 miles from downtown Phoenix.

At Atria Park of Sierra Pointe, older adults enjoy the freedom to live as they choose, in the area they know and love without the burdens of maintaining a home. We also offer discreet assistance to accommodate the needs of our residents as they change.

With endless opportunities to travel, learn, experience and meet new people, each resident creates a lifestyle perfectly suited to their tastes, complete with comfortable amenities and outstanding service. Life at Atria Park of Sierra Pointe is always eventful. Through our signature Engage Life&reg program, residents enjoy a wealth of opportunities for enrichment, enlightenment and fun every day.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Largest licensed ALF community in the area with 216 units with license for 250 offering all three licensed levels of care in State of Arizona--supervisory, personal and directed care with two neighborhoods in one building on one campus.

Map of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe