Brookdale North Scottsdale

Reviews of Brookdale North Scottsdale

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Scottsdale

June 01, 2017

By lois341384

We’ve been at Brookdale North Scottdale for three years, and we couldn’t be happier. They feed us. They clean up after us. They do the dishes. They clean my apartment. They change my beds every week. They do my laundry. They take me wherever I want to go like to doctor’s appointments. The dining set up is fine. Some days are better than others with the food. We love the people, the caregivers, and the people in the offices. Everyone is very concerned about our happiness. We can’t ask for more.

March 08, 2016

By Maria121847350

My brother is in Brookdale North Scottsdale. It is very nice, bright, pretty, and friendly. The residents seem very happy there. The rooms are beautiful. Once a month, they have a family-themed dinner, and the families are invited courtesy of Brookdale. It is very nice. The people are amazing. Everybody says hello and knows everybody’s names. It is extremely pleasant. I would recommend this community.

February 25, 2016

By Desert Flower

The quality of care has gone down a lot in recent months. It's still very clean but it's not the same care or food that it was when grandpa first moved in.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous117192650

My mother in-law moved into Brookdale. She has an apartment with a living room, a kitchen, and a bedroom. The facility has a restaurant, walking paths, a theater, and game rooms. They have 17 items on the menu at all times and three entrées for each meal. The food is great; I wouldn’t have my mother-in-law there if it wasn’t.

November 24, 2015

By AL20

We went to Brookdale North Scottsdale (formerly Freedom Inn at Scottsdale), and it was an excellent visit. We gained a lot of information from them. They had nice rooms, and the dining room was clean and efficient. We had lunch, and it was acceptable. We were very comfortable there.

October 25, 2015

By Claire22

Brookdale was great. Mom liked it. It’s kind of small, not too huge, which was nice. It’s more intimate because it wasn’t so big. I liked the presentation and the man that gave us the tour was excellent. He gave us the most precise and accurate description than anybody had ever given about their type of care, levels of care, and licenses in AZ. He was very particular about describing how the license made the difference because they were licensed for assisted living.

October 23, 2015

By Andrew24

Brookdale was very good, and the staff was very accommodating. They have a very high level of medical assistance available. It was an assisted living, medical-type facility, and it was not what my parents were looking for. It was very good, but it was not the right fit.

September 04, 2015

By Michelle112285050

Brookdale North Scottsdale has memory care, which my mother needs. That is why I chose it. It is clean, and they are very helpful. The dining rooms are done with really nice linens. It is very appealing. They have different activities throughout the week, which varies from day to day. They have a music room and a bus that takes them to different events or shopping.

August 21, 2015

We were very happy with Brookdale North Scottsdale (Formerly Freedom Inn at Scottsdale). It was a wonderful meeting with my brother, myself, and my mom. A staff showed us around, and he was very patient as my mother was trying to decide what she wanted to do and kept in touch afterwards too, which was really good. Their facility was a little brighter and lighter, which was good for her. They offered a lot of different programs. You had a good feel when you went in there. They had all kinds of activities, and the location was good for her and for her church. They did provide transportation. The people were very welcoming, it was very comfortable, and I had no issues. Their pricing was a little higher than other places that we checked into, but it was a good experience.

May 23, 2015

Brookdale North Scottsdale is another one I visited. I didn't spend a ton of time with the staff, but they seem fine. I just really went on the tour. I saw an activity sheet, and they had a whole list of top activities, but I didn't see anybody in particular doing something. They have the clubs and outings to supermarkets. I think the rooms were OK. They were comfortable but not anything special. The community seems very clean. They were OK. It wasn't anything really great or really bad. It was just sort of middle of the road. I didn't really care for this one because it was just OK, but there was nothing particularly bad.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. From fitness and education programs to cultural and social events, there is something for everyone! We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

May 12, 2015

By Bill107252050

We really like this facility. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. They showed us around, and the place was very clean. Brookdale North Scottsdale was our preference over the ones we looked at. They had their own PT area, a nice cafeteria, a room for bingo and games, and a small library. Overall, everything was nice there.

February 08, 2015

By Suzanne28

We visited Brookdale out in Scottsdale. The place is wonderful, and we are trying to get my mother-in-law in there. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and spacious. The activities they have are great. They have a book club, movie nights, and TV watching. It just goes on and on.

January 18, 2015

By Donald28

I have visited Brookdale North Scottsdale, and it was lovely. They showed me a room, and it was lovely as well. I liked the size of it, and I liked the whole facility.

October 09, 2014

This community was closer to my home. I thought the employees were very dedicated and passionate, and they seemed to like working there. Plus, it was clean; it didn't smell. My mom was able to chat with a lot of the residents -- similar backgrounds she supposed -- so she is in a socialized group. Her room is adequate, and the food is fine. They have discussion groups, Bingo, exercises, they go on little field trips, they have crossword puzzles and speakers coming in, and they have family nights where we get invited to join her for dinner.

July 31, 2014

By Jean Marie1

We chose it mostly because the food was good. That was the biggest reason and also because it was bright and clean. The rooms were just adequate; they don't have much. The staff was fine. There were lots of activities. They have bingo; they have dancing; they have music. They have family night where people come in. They have exercise and they have outings. They have arts and they have bowling. They have everything you might want.

February 28, 2014

By AngelE

I really like this one from all the facilities I've visited. I like them because they were willing to work with my dad who is an avid gardener. They were willing to give him a spot of land that he could use to grow some vegetables and keep up his hobby. They offer lot of different activities and they were mostly determined by the residents. They had a resident council that made a lot of the decisions about what going to go on in the facility. The facility is very tidy and they had a variety of different types of apartment options available. We met some of the caregivers while we were there and I was very pleased with the attitude of the workers.

September 26, 2013

By Clarisse2

The rooms were spacious. They invited us to dinner there and the food was good. That's what we like best. I do know they had an activity board but I don't remember what they have in particular. As a whole, it was a nice place but it wasn't what we needed at that time.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale North Scottsdale

Questions about Brookdale North Scottsdale

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for Clare Bridge associates. All associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care of persons with dementia. All executive directors also attend Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Leadership Competency Training.

What programs or activities does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that every resident has unique dreams and passions that continue to grow throughout life. That is why we work to create a place that goes well beyond physical support-to a socially connected community with opportunities to challenge the mind, lift the spirits, revitalize purpose and nurture the heart. We call this Optimum Life and believe it provides the ultimate in senior health & wellness. And, everyone can live one-regardless of challenges that may come with age. Our award winning, evidence-based programs provide a customized, integrated pallet of opportunities designed to support the pursuit of living well. At its foundation is the ability to maximize functional abilities. Our Brookdale B-Fit exercise program is designed with that as the goal. This cutting edge program encompasses the latest research & guidelines for seniors to provide a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience that we customize to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.

What places are near Brookdale North Scottsdale or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Kierland Commons, Fry’s and Safeway shopping centers with multiple restaurants

What transportation services does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

12 passenger bus to allow for large groups to outings, transportation available 7 days/wk (currently not available on Saturday as we are recruiting weekend activity assist) Ford flex to allow for transport also to appts, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale North Scottsdale exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All day dining options with upwards of 12 menu items along with 3 featured entrees which alternate daily with each meal. Scratch and batch cooking.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call system with emergency pendants, non-supervised cameras throughout interior and exterior of community, Status Solutions emergency system, Cintas fire protection, Secured doors after hours with key pad access,

How does Brookdale North Scottsdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

If Brookdale North Scottsdale accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our furry residents have two secured courtyards to run around in as well as inside our community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.

What programs or activities does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Each resident comes to us with distinct interests and individual talents. Life skills programming is a philosophical approach to honoring these interests and offering residents the opportunity to continue using their talents. The goal is to offer residents daily experiences that replicate their long-held routines and provide a sense of usefulness, pleasure, and success.

The communities Health and Wellness Director, a Registered Nurse, assesses the residents prior to move-in, 14 days following move-in and every 90 days. In addition, if there is a change of condition an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Brookdale North Scottsdale use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts specializing in dementia care and registered dieticians, the unique Clare Bridge Dining program sustains the resident’s opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience. The program offers such specialized aspects as: • Dementia-Friendly Menus providing diverse offerings that help prevent weight-loss; selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses. • Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible. • The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.

How does Brookdale North Scottsdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Photos of Brookdale North Scottsdale

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Scottsdale

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• State Licenses: AL7714

About Brookdale North Scottsdale

Brookdale North Scottsdale provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale North Scottsdale