Brookdale North Scottsdale

Reviews of Brookdale North Scottsdale

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Scottsdale

March 08, 2016

By Maria121847350

My brother is in Brookdale North Scottsdale. It is very nice, bright, pretty, and friendly. The residents seem very happy there. The rooms are beautiful. Once a month, they have a family-themed dinner, and the families are invited courtesy of Brookdale. It is very nice. The people are amazing. Everybody says hello and knows everybody’s names. It is extremely pleasant. I would recommend this community.

February 25, 2016

By Desert Flower

The quality of care has gone down a lot in recent months. It's still very clean but it's not the same care or food that it was when grandpa first moved in.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous117192650

My mother in-law moved into Brookdale. She has an apartment with a living room, a kitchen, and a bedroom. The facility has a restaurant, walking paths, a theater, and game rooms. They have 17 items on the menu at all times and three entrées for each meal. The food is great; I wouldn’t have my mother-in-law there if it wasn’t.

November 24, 2015

By AL20

We went to Brookdale North Scottsdale (formerly Freedom Inn at Scottsdale), and it was an excellent visit. We gained a lot of information from them. They had nice rooms, and the dining room was clean and efficient. We had lunch, and it was acceptable. We were very comfortable there.

October 25, 2015

By Claire22

Brookdale was great. Mom liked it. It’s kind of small, not too huge, which was nice. It’s more intimate because it wasn’t so big. I liked the presentation and the man that gave us the tour was excellent. He gave us the most precise and accurate description than anybody had ever given about their type of care, levels of care, and licenses in AZ. He was very particular about describing how the license made the difference because they were licensed for assisted living.

October 23, 2015

By Andrew24

Brookdale was very good, and the staff was very accommodating. They have a very high level of medical assistance available. It was an assisted living, medical-type facility, and it was not what my parents were looking for. It was very good, but it was not the right fit.

September 04, 2015

By Michelle112285050

Brookdale North Scottsdale has memory care, which my mother needs. That is why I chose it. It is clean, and they are very helpful. The dining rooms are done with really nice linens. It is very appealing. They have different activities throughout the week, which varies from day to day. They have a music room and a bus that takes them to different events or shopping.

August 21, 2015

We were very happy with Brookdale North Scottsdale (Formerly Freedom Inn at Scottsdale). It was a wonderful meeting with my brother, myself, and my mom. A staff showed us around, and he was very patient as my mother was trying to decide what she wanted to do and kept in touch afterwards too, which was really good. Their facility was a little brighter and lighter, which was good for her. They offered a lot of different programs. You had a good feel when you went in there. They had all kinds of activities, and the location was good for her and for her church. They did provide transportation. The people were very welcoming, it was very comfortable, and I had no issues. Their pricing was a little higher than other places that we checked into, but it was a good experience.

May 23, 2015

Brookdale North Scottsdale is another one I visited. I didn't spend a ton of time with the staff, but they seem fine. I just really went on the tour. I saw an activity sheet, and they had a whole list of top activities, but I didn't see anybody in particular doing something. They have the clubs and outings to supermarkets. I think the rooms were OK. They were comfortable but not anything special. The community seems very clean. They were OK. It wasn't anything really great or really bad. It was just sort of middle of the road. I didn't really care for this one because it was just OK, but there was nothing particularly bad.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. From fitness and education programs to cultural and social events, there is something for everyone! We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

May 12, 2015

By Bill107252050

We really like this facility. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. They showed us around, and the place was very clean. Brookdale North Scottsdale was our preference over the ones we looked at. They had their own PT area, a nice cafeteria, a room for bingo and games, and a small library. Overall, everything was nice there.

February 08, 2015

By Suzanne28

We visited Brookdale out in Scottsdale. The place is wonderful, and we are trying to get my mother-in-law in there. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and spacious. The activities they have are great. They have a book club, movie nights, and TV watching. It just goes on and on.

January 18, 2015

By Donald28

I have visited Brookdale North Scottsdale, and it was lovely. They showed me a room, and it was lovely as well. I liked the size of it, and I liked the whole facility.

October 09, 2014

This community was closer to my home. I thought the employees were very dedicated and passionate, and they seemed to like working there. Plus, it was clean; it didn't smell. My mom was able to chat with a lot of the residents -- similar backgrounds she supposed -- so she is in a socialized group. Her room is adequate, and the food is fine. They have discussion groups, Bingo, exercises, they go on little field trips, they have crossword puzzles and speakers coming in, and they have family nights where we get invited to join her for dinner.

July 31, 2014

By Jean Marie1

We chose it mostly because the food was good. That was the biggest reason and also because it was bright and clean. The rooms were just adequate; they don't have much. The staff was fine. There were lots of activities. They have bingo; they have dancing; they have music. They have family night where people come in. They have exercise and they have outings. They have arts and they have bowling. They have everything you might want.

February 28, 2014

By AngelE

I really like this one from all the facilities I've visited. I like them because they were willing to work with my dad who is an avid gardener. They were willing to give him a spot of land that he could use to grow some vegetables and keep up his hobby. They offer lot of different activities and they were mostly determined by the residents. They had a resident council that made a lot of the decisions about what going to go on in the facility. The facility is very tidy and they had a variety of different types of apartment options available. We met some of the caregivers while we were there and I was very pleased with the attitude of the workers.

September 26, 2013

By Clarisse2

The rooms were spacious. They invited us to dinner there and the food was good. That's what we like best. I do know they had an activity board but I don't remember what they have in particular. As a whole, it was a nice place but it wasn't what we needed at that time.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale North Scottsdale

Questions about Brookdale North Scottsdale

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Understanding Alzheimers and dementia Care, Clare Bridge Chat room w/ dementia care specialist, Monthly LMS courses

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale North Scottsdale. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is approximately 82. Residents enjoy Bingo, Entertainment, resident outings such as the movies and ballgames

What programs or activities does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum life event that tend to purposeful, emotional, physical, spiritual, social and intellectual needs.

What places are near Brookdale North Scottsdale or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Kierland Commons, Fry’s and Safeway shopping centers with multiple restaurants

What transportation services does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

12 passenger bus to allow for large groups to outings, transportation available 7 days/wk (currently not available on Saturday as we are recruiting weekend activity assist) Ford flex to allow for transport also to appts, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale North Scottsdale exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call system with emergency pendants, non-supervised cameras throughout interior and exterior of community, Status Solutions emergency system, Cintas fire protection, Secured doors after hours with key pad access,

How does Brookdale North Scottsdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Scheduled and in prompt to care conferences, communication from ED/HWD and other dept. heads to address residents needs, changes, concerns and updates

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale North Scottsdale during daytime and nighttime hours?

Based on Service Alignment/Benchmark hours

If Brookdale North Scottsdale accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

2 secured courtyards

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly assigned LMS courses, partnership with NOC to provide on-going lifting/transferring and hoyer training,

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Based on Service Alignment/benchmark hours

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale North Scottsdale provide to protect residents who wander?

On-site Secured memory care which allows residents to transition into a safe and secure environment when the need arises.

What programs or activities does Brookdale North Scottsdale offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Support and expertise for our Clare Bridge associates, community leaders and operations partners. Residents Guide to Daily Path Daily path program standards outline a minimum of 6 programs and 3 served refreshments throughout the day. The programs will be conducted within the daily path during identified times of the day and specified locations inside or outside the community. Dementia care programs will use the weekly, monthly and daily path standards to plan and schedule activities. Engagement clustering and Life skill program are encouraged and available 24hrs a day and scheduled throughout the daily path. Residents Life Skills Programs: The Life Skills Program can be an integral part of a resident’s life. These tasks help the residents feel useful and give purpose to their lives. All residents have the right to lead valued and productive lives. The Life Skills Program reflects person centered philosophy and is a cornerstone in providing individualized Daily Moments of Success.

CBPPC, HWD, Wellness Nurse and residents PCP. Upon move in, upon change of condition and quarterly

What techniques does Brookdale North Scottsdale use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Direct staff oversight, prompting/cueing for residents who require the assistance and direct assist with feeding at meal times when needed. Modified diets and pureed molds for dignity. All day dining options with upwards of 12 menu items along with 3 featured entrees which alternate daily with each meal. Scratch and batch cooking, assigned seating based on residents needs, social abilities and cognitive function to support a dignified meal period

How does Brookdale North Scottsdale keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Scheduled and in prompt to care conferences, communication from CBPPC/ ED/HWD and other dept. heads to address residents needs, changes, concerns and updates. Resident & Family Connection – our commitment to our customers to call Brookdale with concerns, compliments, and more. All communities should have a Resident and Family Connection poster to provide the information to all customers. Questions: Customer Experience – our team that partners with Operations to improve our resident and family experience

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale North Scottsdale. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Neighborhood and Kierland commons

Is Brookdale North Scottsdale affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No but offers Brookdale home health and Brookdale hospice onsite

Photos of Brookdale North Scottsdale

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Scottsdale

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• State Licenses: AL7714

About Brookdale North Scottsdale

Brookdale North Scottsdale provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale North Scottsdale