The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Carefree, AZ for 2023
Also serving communities of Cave Creek.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Carefree area, with 2 in Carefree and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Carefree is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Peoria with an average starting cost of $3,438.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carefree. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carefree 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Anthem with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carefree, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Carefree, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carefree
Be carefree in the city of Carefree, Arizona — a small town of about 3,000 residents set in the scenic Sonoran High Desert. A slow-paced, relaxing lifestyle is encouraged here. Carefree offers two assisted living communities and 45 nearby facilities for seniors seeking alternative living options. Each facility is overseen by the Division of Licensing Services, Office of Assisted Living Licensing. It protects seniors by ensuring each facility runs without incident and enforces all state and government regulations. They also require all ALFs to register every two years for a license renewal to keep its credentials current in the system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carefree
- Carefree residents have several tax exemptions available in Carefree, including not paying taxes on Social Security retirement benefits, groceries and prescription drugs. However, residents are required to pay taxes on other forms of income such as a 401k and 403B and are subject to higher than average sales tax.
- The Carefree area is home to world-class medical facilities, including 4C Medical Group, Honor Health Urgent Care, Thompson Peak Hospital, Scottsdale North Hospital, Mayo and Barrows Neurological Institute, North Valley Medical and Yoga Center, Jason M. Mcneil Nutritionist, Emergency IV Mobile Hydration Unit and the DispatchHealth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winter season is mild with an average low temperature of 58 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot and dry summer temperatures average around 83 degrees Fahrenheit, about 5 to 7 degrees cooler than surrounding cities.
- Carefree violent and property crimes are 77 percent lower than the national average. Crime rates are also lower in Carefree than in surrounding cities.
- The cost of living in Carefree is 33 percent higher than the national average. Housing is 165 percent higher here than the national average, but all other expense categories (groceries, utilities, etc.) are at least 3 percent lower.
- Moderate concentrations of pollutants affect the air quality in Carefree, Arizona, and can aggravate existing respiratory issues with prolonged outdoor exertion.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carefree
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Carefree start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carefree and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carefree
Financial assistance for assisted living is available to seniors residing in Carefree. Arizona offers seniors the Arizona Long-term Care System and Medicaid to help cover costs and expenses associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carefree
Carefree and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carefree, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carefree
Carefree-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carefree
Review of Carefree Manor Assisted Living Llc
My aunt was a resident of Carefree Manor Assisted Living Llc before she passed away. I loved them, I still talk to them. It was clean. It didn't smell like you were going to a nursing home. It didn... Read more
Review of Heritage at Carefree
I toured Heritage at Carefree for my wife. It's a very nice facility, but I wasn't impressed. They got my appointment screwed up for one thing, then the person called me and said she would call me ... Read more
Review of Heritage at Carefree
My tour at Heritage at Carefree was fine. Everything looked good, neat, and very clean. They looked pretty good staffed. I've seen everything, the room, the hallway and the kitchen. It's just not s... Read more