Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center

April 19, 2015

By rockettrade

This ended up being a very disappointing placement for us. My brother suffered a sever TBI 3 years ago and while he is doing very well in his recovery, he still needs some help with medication reminders and day to day tasks like laundry, meals, etc... They told us prior to moving him in that their staff was trained in handling TBI patients and assured us he would be fine. He has some short term memory issues and has issues with impulsiveness. A small issue can turn into something big if it is not properly dealt with. Very much like a child/parent relationship, the parent needs to be the mature, clear thinking, controlled "example"; thereby, teaching the child how to handle problems in the future. If a parent acts like a child then it just aggravates the child and things go from bad to worse. The NIGHT staff here is horrible!! They are not well trained, act like little kids, have no supervision, they lie to create drama and to cover up their mistakes. The management is worse, they are lazy, tell you what they think you want to hear, useless! I feel bad for the few day time staff members who do care and are very good with the residents. I am talking about 3-4 staff members who keep that place from falling apart or being sued. Make this your last resort because you will not be happy with your loved ones care here.

June 26, 2014

By Roberta12

My brother-in-law went to Mesa Christian Care Center for rehab about four years ago and really liked it. So we checked into the assisted living part. He was really happy with the fact that we were sending him back to the same place, basically. He got a studio. It's a small room. They give him three meals a day and do his laundry. The activity is up to him. The staff is very attentive and very nice.

September 26, 2013

By Julie20

My mom had open heart surgery. We had her at Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center for two weeks because she needed short-term skilled nursing at that time. This was our choice because we actually like the cleanliness of the place. My mom had a private room and it was spacious. With regards to staff, the doctor there wasn't that helpful. He told my mom she had the disease that she didn't actually have. But other than that, my mom had excellent care and she was really happy with it. However, they could improve on their food. She didn't like it at all.

June 29, 2012

By deg929

We found Mesa Christian to be a very good fit for my mom and for us, though it was by no means the closest to our home. They always gave my mother very good care, and were always diligent to try to provide a really nice menu for her, even though she had VERY limiting diet, due to current and ongoing ailments. She always let us know how very friendly and warm everyone that worked there was. I would like to say that we had one experience with them, and it was all positive, but the truth is that we had multiple experiences with them, because for the last three to four years of her life, she was in the hospital for at least one month out of each year, and then each time, due to her weakened state, she had need to go to skilled nursing again. She always requested Mesa Chrsitian, never even wanted to consider an alternative choice. The staff grew to be very friendly with our whole family as well, and always greeted us when they would see us enter the building or encounter us in the hallways.I gave them a four star rating because I think that a five star rating is too much for any facility to uphold all the time, with so many different people working in so many areas on so many shifts. I think without a doubt, though, that I would have to give them a VERY solid four. I have recommended them to friends, and will continue to do so in the future.

About Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center

Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Mesa, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mesa Christian Health and Rehabilitation Center