31 Assisted Living Facilities near Bradenton, FL
Also serving communities of Palmetto.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bradenton area, with 28 in Bradenton and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bradenton is $3,230 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Sun City with an average starting cost of $2,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 280 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bradenton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bradenton 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakewood Ranch with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 22 families in Bradenton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bradenton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bradenton, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bradenton
Located on the west-central coast of Florida, Bradenton has much to offer seniors in the way of preserves, parks, and museums and nearby beaches. Bradenton is also home to 25 assisted living facilities, with an additional 21 in nearby Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota and Sun City Center.
Florida licenses several types of assisted living communities, and they all provide meals and some level of personal care. Homes with a standard license offer basic help with daily activities such as dressing and personal hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bradenton
- Bradenton receives nearly 50 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city, and the rainfall is often in the form of thunderstorms. Summers are humid with high temps averaging in the 80s and 90s more than half the year. Winters are short and mild with average lows in the 50s.
- The Bradenton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Manatee Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Unlike most states, Florida does not have a state income tax. This means that social security benefits, 401(k)s and pensions are not taxed, which could result in extra budget flexibility for seniors moving into the state.
- The American Lung Association grades Manatee County a B for its relatively low number of high-ozone days. For people with breathing difficulties, a location with a score of A or B is a good choice.
- Bradenton's crime rate is about 40 percent higher than the national average. There are 5.89 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year compared to 4.3 in Florida and 4 nationwide.
- The cost of living in Bradenton is slightly higher than the national average, although residents do enjoy 7 percent lower health care costs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bradenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Bradenton start around $3,192 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bradenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bradenton
There are several ways for low-income seniors to find assistance in Bradenton. Seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits can take advantage of Florida's optional state supplementation, and the state allows families to supplement benefits if they don't give the money to the resident but pay the provider directly.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bradenton
Bradenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bradenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bradenton
Bradenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bradenton, FL
Other Options in Bradenton, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bradenton
Review of Woodlands Village
We went to Woodlands Village, and I liked it. The problem that I had was that it was older. It was a bit musty smelling because a lot of it is not concrete slab, and it's a floating floor. I did li... Read more
Review of Bradenton Oaks
My mom has moved into the assisted living at Bradenton Oaks. I believe that she's getting quality care. It's a very positive atmosphere, very positive environment, and very clean. The meals are del... Read more
Review of Woodlands Village
We weren't impressed with Woodlands Village. It's old. It looked like it needed some updating and it didn't have a clean feel to it either. They had some lady that comes in there, I'm not sure if s... Read more