59 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakewood Ranch, FL
There are 59 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lakewood Ranch area, with 2 in Lakewood Ranch and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lakewood Ranch is $4,545 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Sarasota with an average starting cost of $3,654.
To help you with your search, browse the 491 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lakewood Ranch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lakewood Ranch 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sun City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lakewood Ranch, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakewood Ranch, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakewood Ranch
Lakewood Ranch is a multi-generational, master planned community in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. It's home to around 33,000 residents who enjoy access to golf courses, shopping, clubs and activities. The community is dedicated to quality of life at every stage of life and there are 54 assisted living facilities in Lakewood Ranch and nearby communities catering to seniors interested in retiring to the area. These facilities may have a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care provided and are licensed and monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakewood Ranch
- The Lakewood Ranch area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lakewood Ranch has many opportunities for the community to celebrate arts and culture. Seniors may enjoy strolling through the Village of the Arts and some assisted living facilities may organize group trips to take in a show at the Manatee Performing Arts Center.
- Sarasota County, including Lakewood Ranch, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) provides public transportation in Lakewood Ranch and riders aged 65 and older are eligible for a discounted fare. Manatee County Area Transit also has a service that runs in parts of Lakewood Ranch, with discounted fares available to people aged 60 and over. Both organizations have paratransit services that seniors may be able to access.
- Lakewood Ranch is part of the North Port-Sarasota metropolitan area, which the State of the Air 2018 report named equal cleanest in the country for 24-hour particle pollution. Both Sarasota and Manatee Counties received B grades for ozone pollution. This good air quality can bring health benefits for seniors with respiratory conditions.
- There is no state income tax in Florida, which keeps tax bills low for seniors in Lakewood Ranch. In addition, sales taxes are close to national averages, helping seniors on a fixed budget put more money towards assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakewood Ranch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lakewood Ranch start around $4,460 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakewood Ranch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakewood Ranch
The Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver are two programs offering financial assistance to Floridian seniors in assisted living. Lakewood Ranch seniors who receive Social Security Income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakewood Ranch
Lakewood Ranch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lakewood Ranch, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakewood Ranch
Lakewood Ranch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lakewood Ranch
Review of The Sheridan at Lakewood Ranch
Not only is the facility extremely nice, but I also can't say enough good things about the management and staff at the Sheridan. My parents lived there together until my mom passed last June. The s... Read more
Review of The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch
We toured The Windsor of Lakewood Ranch, and it was in a great location. They have a lot of things around them, probably a little bit unique in that they have a couple of restaurants literally with... Read more
Review of The Sheridan at Lakewood Ranch
The Sheridan at Lakewood Ranch is a really good assisted living facility, and they're very focused on their residents. The food is excellent, and they have a variety of things to do for activities.... Read more