Brookdale Colonial Park

Reviews of Brookdale Colonial Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Colonial Park

February 01, 2018

By Jerry

We chose Brookdale Colonial Park because the whole community is nice and kept clean all the time. The personnel is extraordinary. It has a friendly atmosphere. The medical care my wife is getting is very good. She is very happy in every respect. Her one-bedroom is very nice and very comfortable and almost 500 square feet. They have a nice library and dining room. My wife says the food is very good.

December 03, 2016

By M.M445716

The visit at Brookdale was very nice. The workers were very professional and took me to one of their assisted living apartments, and it was lovely. It’s a place that was so comfortable to have that care. The facility was clean and attractive. They do have memory care too. They were having a big function honoring the Phantom of the Opera, and they once a month do a program where a woman comes in and sings. They have a buffet meal, and then a woman performed for them. While I was there, they were having a birthday ice cream and cake party. It’s very nice. I would love my parents to live there.

August 22, 2016

By Diane743671

Brookdale Colonial Park is very helpful, and the staff has been great in dealing with the things that have happened within our family. The food is great, and the cleanliness is fine. Everything is really very good. The staff members are wonderful, and they have helped us get through some really difficult times. My father-in-law passed away, but Mom is still there. They're very protective of her and are very good at making sure she does what she needs to do. We're very happy.

November 16, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Colonial Park was willing and seemed to be very capable of doing their jobs. They answered all of our questions really well. They were interested in why we were there and what we are looking for in a facility. The place itself was very nice. I saw the dining area, and it was beautiful. They seem to have different activities, and I saw that the residents were going on really well.

June 29, 2015

We like the staff very much at Brookdale Colonial Park (Formerly Emeritus at Colonial Park). They seemed to be a lot more willing to at least try and provide the kind of blended independent/assisted that we're looking for. The rooms were a little on the shabby side, but they were rehabbing their apartments. They should improve on increasing the size and quality. Brookdale is putting a monitoring system in all of their facilities where everybody wears a little locator device. I'm very impressed with the care that they are providing.

June 19, 2015

By Susan105038450

Brookdale Colonial Park was the one we visited, and it was perfect. Everything was great. The staff was very involved and very professional. We didn't really see any of the nursing staff, but we did talk to the marketing department, and they were very knowledgeable. The apartment was very nice. It was a one-bedroom, and the space was better than some of the other places we looked at. There were all kind of in a circle in the lobby, but they weren't having any specific activities at the time. They did have a number of activities available. We did not take their lunch, but they looked very clean, and the people certainly looked well-fed, so that wasn't an issue.

June 11, 2015

By Rex3

Brookdale Colonial Park was actually our second choice. The rooms were just too small. They were very friendly. All the Brookdale people that we met were very friendly and very helpful. The only difference was the size of the room. The dining setup is the same as almost all assisted living. The rooms are very small, and the walk-in closet is about the same size as the bedroom area. You can get a single bed and a chair in there, but that was about it. It was like a closet. As for activities, it is fairly much all the same. Brookdale operates on the same concept with all of their properties. They have a theme of the month or location of the month. We saw the activities were very similar. We wanted our mother involved in activities and keeping her busy so she wouldn't sleep during the day time. They need renovations and re-look at the size of their room for what it costs. They were adding a couple of things, but it needs to be kept up with the contemporary look versus the old country look. The people were great, but the setting was just outdated. It needs renovations.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

April 22, 2015

We had lived in Emeritus at Colonial Park, and it was an excellent facility. It was much larger than the other facility we had lived in. They had an Alzheimer’s division. The staff was extremely professional and caring. They had exercise activities. They also had professional people come in to entertain us. The food was very good for institutional food. The dining room was well decorated. Security was good.

January 17, 2015

By Cheryl100479750

The first time I visited Emeritus at Colonial Park was in October, and the second time was last week. It was very impressive when you enter. They had a hostess that was very welcoming, and the people were pleasant. The front foyer area was very pleasant, and it had a very good smell. The staff that accommodated us was wonderful. She was outstanding, helpful, answered a lot of questions, and gave me recommendations making certain that my parents had a couple of choices. I also liked that one because they have a social group of World War II veterans that meet once a week and have lunch together. My father would very much enjoy that companionship. There were people eating and looking at the library, and once a month, they have a speaker come in. My parents are very picky eaters, and since I was there in October, my parents didn't like everything that they delivered, but the food is in the process of changing where they'll have some choices each day on the menu.

November 22, 2014

By gulftobay

I cannot express how homey and warm this place felt from the moment I stepped inside....The staff was exceptionally nice and made up for the "dated" decor. They were quick to meet my friends needs along with how I felt about visiting there. I feel SO confident that my friend is looked after and in a secure environment! The food was great too!!!! My friend loves Chef "Bob"! Thank you for having the quaint and loving place you have created for the elderly and meeting all their needs to be the last home they will know... :)

October 19, 2014

We are already settling in a new place. We have chosen Emeritus at Colonial Park. We chose this place because of the location. It just looks very nice. The people are friendly. It is clean and very nice. The outside is very pretty. There are Wii bowling, Wii golf, chair volleyball, poker, bingo, keno, and trips. If you have to go to the doctor, the bank, or the grocery store, they have a bus to go there. Overall, they're very good. They serve three meals a day. I'm very much satisfied with the services that they have.

September 26, 2014

My parents have been in Emeritus for about 2 ½ years. We chose it initially because it was close to where my parents had been living and they wanted to stay in the same area. I think the physical facility is fine. They have a 1-bedroom unit with a living room, a private bath and a little kitchenette area. It’s very attractive. That hasn’t been a source of complaint at all. The quality of the food and the food service has gone downhill in the last year and just in the last few months, it seems as though the staff services have really deteriorated.

March 29, 2014

My mom has already been moved into the Emeritus at Colonial Park. She likes the openness of the living areas. The common areas were all very open and look nice. She has a one-bedroom apartment that is very roomy, lovely, and clean. She likes the people whom she sees on a daily basis, nothing more than that. She had lunch once before she moved in, and she said the food was fine. They seem to be always trying to find ways to charge you extra for things, and I think it is probably just because it is a corporate-run assisted living. But we live less than two miles away, and they wanted to charge us $800 a month to have someone on standby when she is taking a shower and for someone to give her meds, when we can manage her meds and we can stand by if she needs somebody there. They were quick to want to charge us that, instead of talking to us about alternatives, but they were also fine with us taking care of those things.

March 28, 2014

By Carol81664850

My mother and I visited Colonial Park several times. Mom chose another place because she has friends there, but we both had a nice impression of CP. The overriding feeling is one of comfort and friendliness among residents and staff. Julie, our tour guide extraordinaire, was wonderful. The facility is all on one floor, which one resident told us she loved since she didn't have to wait for elevators. I think those who live at the end of the long hallways might have a slight problem. The dining room and the food were excellent. My mom liked the library and beauty salon also. The décor is a bit dated, but I'm not sure the residents see that as a priority. The lobby is spacious and well-used. If I were to change one thing, it would be to make the central courtyard more attractive. All in all, though, after visiting several facilities, my mom would have been very happy to move to Colonial Park.

March 27, 2014

By Patricia78509350

I liked Emeritus at Colonial Park. I thought it was a nice facility. I looked at the dementia unit for my mother, and I thought the staff and rooms were both nice. I liked that they don't just keep the dementia patients in a locked area. They had a dining program called the "bridge program" where they had some of the dementia patients dine out with their regular assisted living patients.

February 24, 2014

Emeritus had good people and staff. The rooms and dining area were adequate. They had single bedrooms with a living area and a small kitchen but we were looking for rooms for two for my parents. They had grounds to walk on but no pool.

January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Colonial Park was terrible. I would never put my dog in that place. My friend was there for over two years. She was falling all the time while she was there. If she would go for days without eating because she wasn't feeling good, they couldn't even check on her. They didn't clean her room right. There was mold in the room. I kept complaining about the mold in the room. Also her refrigerator didn't work half the time. One time I went into her room and there was a pill cup with pills in it that's on the counter. She was in the assisted living and she's not supposed to have any meds in her room. I found out that they weren't even her pills; they were somebody else's. That was dangerous. Some of the staff was very good though. The food there was good too.

October 11, 2013

Emeritus was really my first choice but my wife fell and broke her back and her mind went very rapidly after that. She couldn't make it in assisted living anymore so we had to get skilled nursing care. I saw the rooms, the activities and the people there. The room was spacious and very comfortable-looking with very convenient bathrooms and they had a lockdown procedure. I was very impressed with them.

September 26, 2013

By Larry19

My dad is at Emeritus at Colonial Park. He has been there for about a week and a half now. We likes it because the facility is only one floor. There were no elevators and the place was very nice. The staff were also very good.

July 29, 2013

By Amiya

Emeritus at Colonial Park was very good. The staff was very friendly. They showed me their rooms, which were spacious and the different choices and I really liked that.

March 29, 2013

Emeritus at Colonial Park was near my house, so I visited the facility. I read it in a senior book and it also had a memory care unit. The place was pleasant. The staff all seemed amiable and available. The living room was well-furnished with pictures of the veterans who lived there. The rooms were clean and well-kept.

June 04, 2012

We chose this facility because they accept Medicaid and VA. It is located right off a big intersection and that made it very convenient. The buildings are colonial style bricked and very spread out. There are numerous palm trees and shady areas around. My mom lives in a one room apartment which is big enough for her. There's a living room, a bathroom, a small kitchenette and a refrigerator which she really likes. She eats her meals in the dining room together with the other residents. The personnel are really friendly, welcoming, caring and able to assist anytime. They pay attention to her requests. For instance, she requested for special bars in her bathroom and they readily accommodated her. Furthermore, they provide entertainment like memory care. However, they could provide better service to their clients if they communicate more to family members. My mother is doing well in this place. She said everybody is taking good care of her. She feels this is her "home".

April 04, 2012

By Anna2

I visited Emeritus at Colonial Park when my mother was a caregiver there. It was beautifully arranged and the staff was incredibly courteous. The menu for their daily mealtimes was very nice and also quite delicious. I was able to enjoy playing the grand piano for a small audience of permanent residents. I also took a tour of the facility and found various activities including painting and an exciting game of cards going on. The rooms were very spacious and the decor was pleasant to look at. It was a very open feeling walking down the halls and you could always hear someone laughing about something. The staff was so nice, not just to me, but also to those who lived there. The feeling that everyone is being taken care of was evident in how the nurses and staff promptly answered questions I had and showed me what the daily routines were. Overall, I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone looking into assisted living.

Photos of Brookdale Colonial Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Colonial Park

• French
  • Spanish

About Brookdale Colonial Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7439