Brookdale Colonial Park

Reviews of Brookdale Colonial Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Colonial Park

June 19, 2015

By Susan105038450

Brookdale Colonial Park was the one we visited, and it was perfect. Everything was great. The staff was very involved and very professional. We didn't really see any of the nursing staff, but we did talk to the marketing department, and they were very knowledgeable. The apartment was very nice. It was a one-bedroom, and the space was better than some of the other places we looked at. There were all kind of in a circle in the lobby, but they weren't having any specific activities at the time. They did have a number of activities available. We did not take their lunch, but they looked very clean, and the people certainly looked well-fed, so that wasn't an issue.

June 11, 2015

By Rex3

Brookdale Colonial Park was actually our second choice. The rooms were just too small. They were very friendly. All the Brookdale people that we met were very friendly and very helpful. The only difference was the size of the room. The dining setup is the same as almost all assisted living. The rooms are very small, and the walk-in closet is about the same size as the bedroom area. You can get a single bed and a chair in there, but that was about it. It was like a closet. As for activities, it is fairly much all the same. Brookdale operates on the same concept with all of their properties. They have a theme of the month or location of the month. We saw the activities were very similar. We wanted our mother involved in activities and keeping her busy so she wouldn't sleep during the day time. They need renovations and re-look at the size of their room for what it costs. They were adding a couple of things, but it needs to be kept up with the contemporary look versus the old country look. The people were great, but the setting was just outdated. It needs renovations.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

April 22, 2015

We had lived in here and it was an excellent facility. It was much larger than the other facility we had lived in. They had an Alzheimer’s division. The staff was extremely professional and caring. They had exercise activities. They also had professional people come in to entertain us. The food was very good for institutional food. The dining room was well decorated. Security was good.

January 17, 2015

By Cheryl100479750

The first time I visited was in October, and the second time was last week. It was very impressive when you enter. They had a hostess that was very welcoming, and the people were pleasant. The front foyer area was very pleasant, and it had a very good smell. The staff that accommodated us was wonderful. She was outstanding, helpful, answered a lot of questions, and gave me recommendations making certain that my parents had a couple of choices. I also liked that one because they have a social group of World War II veterans that meet once a week and have lunch together. My father would very much enjoy that companionship. There were people eating and looking at the library, and once a month, they have a speaker come in. My parents are very picky eaters, and since I was there in October, my parents didn't like everything that they delivered, but the food is in the process of changing where they'll have some choices each day on the menu.

November 22, 2014

By gulftobay

I cannot express how homey and warm this place felt from the moment I stepped inside....The staff was exceptionally nice and made up for the "dated" decor. They were quick to meet my friends needs along with how I felt about visiting there. I feel SO confident that my friend is looked after and in a secure environment! The food was great too!!!! My friend loves Chef "Bob"! Thank you for having the quaint and loving place you have created for the elderly and meeting all their needs to be the last home they will know... :)

October 19, 2014

We are already settling in a new place. We have chosen here. We chose this place because of the location. It just looks very nice. The people are friendly. It is clean and very nice. The outside is very pretty. There are Wii bowling, Wii golf, chair volleyball, poker, bingo, keno, and trips. If you have to go to the doctor, the bank, or the grocery store, they have a bus to go there. Overall, they're very good. They serve three meals a day. I'm very much satisfied with the services that they have.

September 26, 2014

My parents have been in here for about 2 ½ years. We chose it initially because it was close to where my parents had been living and they wanted to stay in the same area. I think the physical facility is fine. They have a 1-bedroom unit with a living room, a private bath and a little kitchenette area. It’s very attractive. That hasn’t been a source of complaint at all. The quality of the food and the food service has gone downhill in the last year and just in the last few months, it seems as though the staff services have really deteriorated.

February 24, 2014

It had good people and staff. The rooms and dining area were adequate. They had single bedrooms with a living area and a small kitchen but we were looking for rooms for two for my parents. They had grounds to walk on but no pool.

October 11, 2013

This was really my first choice but my wife fell and broke her back and her mind went very rapidly after that. She couldn't make it in assisted living anymore so we had to get skilled nursing care. I saw the rooms, the activities and the people there. The room was spacious and very comfortable-looking with very convenient bathrooms and they had a lockdown procedure. I was very impressed with them.

September 26, 2013

By Larry19

My dad is here. He has been there for about a week and a half now. We likes it because the facility is only one floor. There were no elevators and the place was very nice. The staff were also very good.

July 29, 2013

By Amiya

It was very good. The staff was very friendly. They showed me their rooms, which were spacious and the different choices and I really liked that.

June 04, 2012

We chose this facility because they accept Medicaid and VA. It is located right off a big intersection and that made it very convenient. The buildings are colonial style bricked and very spread out. There are numerous palm trees and shady areas around. My mom lives in a one room apartment which is big enough for her. There's a living room, a bathroom, a small kitchenette and a refrigerator which she really likes. She eats her meals in the dining room together with the other residents. The personnel are really friendly, welcoming, caring and able to assist anytime. They pay attention to her requests. For instance, she requested for special bars in her bathroom and they readily accommodated her. Furthermore, they provide entertainment like memory care. However, they could provide better service to their clients if they communicate more to family members. My mother is doing well in this place. She said everybody is taking good care of her. She feels this is her "home".

Questions about Brookdale Colonial Park

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Colonial Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

A majority of our residents are female with a good amount of men as well. The residents are anywhere from their 80s to early 90s with a few who are just outside of that age category. We have residents here that love their activities. We have a variety of activities that include exercise every day, bocce ball, volleyball, a few that love wii golf, going on outings (restaurants, stores, circus, anything that they want to do, I want to make it happen), wine & cheese/happy hour with entertainment, the many brain games and trivia we do, board games and the crafts we provide every week.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Colonial Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Having exercise every day is a big enrichment of our residents' lives and in all providing them with what they want. Doing the many physical activities such as volleyball and bocce are great for their physical well-being. Keep them thinking by having them solve problems and answering trivia questions. Making sure they continue to be independent when we go on our outings. We bring in entertainment that provides relaxation and helps brings back memories. Crafts that help our residents work on their fine motor skills and concentration. With our happy hours, it allows the residents to be social amongst one another.

What places are near Brookdale Colonial Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

See below: We always transport residents on outings every Monday and Wednesday. Monday is a mix of different outings and Wednesdays we go to Publix, bank, and drug store.

What transportation services does Brookdale Colonial Park offer to assisted living residents?

We always transport residents on outings every Monday and Wednesday. Monday is a mix of different outings and Wednesdays we go to Publix, Bank, and drug store. There are also outings that are taken on weekends and any other days we need to add something in the schedule. Then we do doctor transport on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Colonial Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

With 27 years in the restaurant business and executive chef for top restaurants in the country I focus on highest quality and top notch service. We have a great verity of menu selections that change every meal period.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Colonial Park offer to assisted living residents?

We have a securely locked building, call pendant necklaces and wrist bands that resident’s wear, call cords in all of the bathrooms. We have a great and caring staff that is here to make sure our residents are receiving the care they need.

How does Brookdale Colonial Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

With the caring staff we have in our community, we are very sociable and communicate great with the family members. We continue to post new photos or information in our community and continue to keep family members informed through our Facebook page and email.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Colonial Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a staff member for each of our 4 halls along with a Nurse that is available 24/7.

If Brookdale Colonial Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept dogs and cats and have multiple courtyards for their pet owners to walk them.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives Alzheimer’s and Dementia along with monthly safety trainings.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Colonial Park provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a locked unit however we have 24/7 nurses and staff who make frequent rounds to ensure our resident’s safety. We are only an ALF and not a memory care community.

Photos of Brookdale Colonial Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Colonial Park

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining With Chef Prepared Meals In An Elegant Dining Room

• French

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: AL7439

About Brookdale Colonial Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7439