Heron Club at Prestancia

Reviews of Heron Club at Prestancia

Assisted Living Reviews for Heron Club at Prestancia

May 11, 2017

By Margaret Hall

I recently brought my mother to tour Heron Club and she loved it! We couldn't believe how many activities and everyone was so happy. We are placing mom here in a few months. I went all over looking at assisted living and this is the best by far! Great Marketing K!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review; we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to welcoming your mother to her new home!

November 15, 2016

By Carmen Larson

Beautiful residences. Everything a person would want to live in. Very high monthly rates.

November 06, 2016

By Karen162544

Heron Club was very nice, and I liked the location with a little pond in the background. I liked that it wasn’t too big for her that she get lost. The apartment looked really nice; however, it was just an older facility. Their memory care is just like another floor.

October 20, 2016

By Caring Son677520

Heron Club is underwhelming. It's an older facility built in the 1980s. It's smallish, and it needs an update. None of the details have been attended to, and it needs a paint job and furnishings. I think they just had the carpet changed, it has mostly only studio apartments, and maybe 15% are 1-bedrooms. They're nice enough, but it's nothing to write home about.

Thank you for your recent visit to Heron Club and your honest feedback. Our team was disappointed to learn you had such an undesirable experience. We are committed to the best care and services for our residents and their families who visit us. We take pride in our community and want our residents and families to have pride while living with us. I would love the opportunity to share more information about our community and aesthetics. Please reach out to me personally at 941-922-1669, perhaps you can join me for lunch here at the community where we can talk about these things further. Thank you for taking time to visit The Heron Club and provide us with your feedback. Kim Epeards, Executive Director

October 13, 2016

By Hal263148

Heron Club was clean, compact, sort of limited, and a little bit pricey. It’s near a shopping center and a restaurant.

September 01, 2016

By Penny581300

Our overall experience with Heron Club was great. The rooms were fine. The staff seemed really nice. The food and the dining area were great. The price was better than any others. I liked that they had just one level building.

July 20, 2016

By Happy Couple

My wife and I moved into the Heron Club last week and have been enjoying everything! Caring staff and great food!

January 01, 2016

We found Heron Club for my in-laws. There is plenty of staff. The atmosphere is good. My in-laws are both on the memory care. The size and the friendliness of the staff really helps. The rooms are spacious and that's what I like about it. They have shopping, exercise for the people, and they have several things that they do in-house. They have musical dance and play. The food there is tasty.

November 11, 2015

Heron Club is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is fun, very friendly, welcoming, playful, absolutely delightful, and engaging. They are ready to answer any questions you might have. The apartments were outstanding, beautiful, fresh, clean, and bright, and most of them were totally refurbished. They have beautiful hallways.

August 27, 2015

By Caring112084550

They tried really hard, and they did a pretty good job. Heron Club at Prestancia is a good facility where they can roam around a lot. It's nice and large. They had one dining room. The meals were pretty good, and they get to choose what they want the day before. They had a lot of inflow and outflow of staff. My father was there for a year, and there was a lot of change in staff during that time, but they kept up with things pretty well. They offered all the activities that one would expect. They had weekly outings to the beach and different places, which were good for him. They had a lot of special dietary needs that they tended to. The rooms were suites, which had a bedroom, a kitchenette, and a bathroom. It's quite a bit larger accommodation. They've got a nice big lounging area and a front porch area where they spend a lot of time in.

June 19, 2015

By Susan105038450

Heron Club was fine as well. The activities were fine. It was just that we didn't have the best tour, and we certainly didn't get as much information. They weren't prepared even though we made reservations. We had someone who only did a tour once before. No literature and no cost information were provided. If we went back again, I'll probably talk to the person we should have been seeing, and I would suspect it would be a better experience. The gal was very nice, and the facilities were nice. The rooms were a little smaller. I would definitely recommend this place.

I am disappointed that your tour was not a pleasant experience. I would like to invite you to re- tour so that I can personally give you a great tour experience. We truly do value your feedback and use it to improve, we are committed to providing best in class experiences. I also wanted to share with you that we offer three different apartment sizes. If you aren’t available to re-tour at this time, I can certainly get information to you very quickly either by US Mail or Email. I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely, Kim Epeards, Executive Director 941-922-1669.

January 15, 2015

By kathleen96179750

I have only been there a couple of times. Very nice and very clean. Good menus.

December 09, 2014

My friend is in Heron Club at Prestancia. It is a very good facility. Our overall experience is very good. Everything is excellent. The apartment that my friend is in is lovely.

October 31, 2014

We chose Heron Club because it’s more like a country club instead of something very clinical. They are absolutely wonderful. They have a new theatre on the second floor. They have a beautiful dining room. Instead of sitting down and just being served, they have waiters for breakfast, dinner, and lunch so that they feel that there in an atmosphere of a beautiful restaurant. They have a bay window overlooking the water. They have sitting areas outside where they can watch the wildlife on the water. It is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are absolutely beautiful; every time someone leaves, they put everything brand new, brand new paint, it smells wonderful. They have happy hour, they bring in entertainment seven days a week, church services, just everything, and the place is absolutely beautiful. The interior is gorgeous; the care is excellent. They just go above and beyond to take care of the residents. It’s absolutely amazing

October 25, 2014

By George96357450

We took a tour at Heron Club at Prestancia, and it was more like a hotel. It was nice, but it wasn’t something we were interested in. They were able to discuss the programs that they have like they take you on trips and to grocery stores. They have a lot of things going on.

October 16, 2014

I chose Heron Club because I like it the best. The staff is lovely as far as I know. Like I said, we're not living there yet, but everything seems to be in order, and everybody is nice. The apartment is nice. They're all satisfactory. What I like about this place is just the overall feel of it as far as the staff. The surroundings were very good. I like it very much.

July 18, 2014

Heron Club wwa having an open house. It's a lovely place, but it's really out of our price range. We looked at a room, and it was nice. The staff seemed very friendly.

February 27, 2014

Heron Club is very bright, cheery and well maintained. The apartments are lovely and the staff is very cooperative and supportive. They have entertainment, they have arts and crafts, hey have lunch trips. They have different physical activities and exercise.

April 26, 2012

By commercesd

Since we would be in the area checking out another facility, we made it a point to visit Palmer Club at Prestancia in the same region. My friend's mother has a lot of friends and family near the area - so it is a favorite of theirs. The grounds were well tended and we could see that there is plenty of room for residents to spread out and enjoy activities with friends and family, such as picnics, or enjoy the many seating areas however they wish. The common areas were nicely decorated and home-like. There were many places for residents to enjoy a variety of activities, from games to reading, lively discussions and seeing films. The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards. We liked that they prepare care plans around what each person needs - and that they are flexible enough to change the level of care as becomes necessary. The dining areas were warm and friendly. We were able to try some of the snacks which were all delicious. The staff takes the time to offer foods that look appetizing. The private living spaces featured beautiful bay windows and nice private patios and WiFi Internet. Each unit was fresh, airy and peaceful, with a calming, color-coordinated décor and comfortable furnishings. The staff was very friendly and we could see that the residents are all happy there.

Memory Care Reviews for Heron Club at Prestancia

Questions about Heron Club at Prestancia

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Certified Dementia Training, Collins Online Training and SRI Community Based Training

What programs or activities does Heron Club at Prestancia offer to enrich residents' well-being?

SRI University Enrichment Programs, Off-Site Activities, Ted Talks, Social Hour, Volunteering and all kinds of wonderful Zestful Activities.

What places are near Heron Club at Prestancia or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sarasota Square Mall and the Y Gym, as well as fishing on their very own lake in TPC. Some are even Members of TPC Golf Course.

What transportation services does Heron Club at Prestancia offer to assisted living residents?

Private, Shuttle, Public and other 3rd Party Agencies based on needs

What makes the chef or dining program at Heron Club at Prestancia exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining is prepared fresh daily from local food farmers and overseen by our Culinary Director to create an Artful Experience. Also can take the great taste of the food and deliver in semi-soft, mechanical soft and pureed diets

What safety features or security measures does Heron Club at Prestancia offer to assisted living residents?

In a Golf/Club like community with a guard house

How does Heron Club at Prestancia keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through Social Media, emails and telephone calls and in-person visits

If Heron Club at Prestancia accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, outside areas and inside as long as friendly and owners can take care of the 4-legged children We have a 35 lbs weight limit and records must be up-to-date.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Continuous through online an in-house programs, in addition to dementia and cognitive impaired

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, can vary but no less than four as is a 1 to 5 ratio and at night 3 caregivers

What safety features or security measures does Heron Club at Prestancia provide to protect residents who wander?

Have alarms and offer a secure floor

What programs or activities does Heron Club at Prestancia offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

SRI University Enrichment Programs, Off-Site Activities, Ted Talks, Social Hour, Volunteering and all kinds of wonderful Zestful Activities and must be Memory Care Appropriate

What techniques does Heron Club at Prestancia use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Communal Dining. It is imperative that Residents eat together as that encourages good and healthy eating habits, over seen by our care team.

How does Heron Club at Prestancia keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Through Social Media, emails and telephone calls and in-person visits

Describe the neighborhood around Heron Club at Prestancia. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Hidden gem in South Sarasota in TPC , Palmer Ranch and just minutes away from the America's most beautiful beaches

Is Heron Club at Prestancia affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes, Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Venice Regional Hospital, Doctor's Hospital, Blake and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center as well as Manatee Hospital.

Costs for Heron Club at Prestancia

Photos of Heron Club at Prestancia

Services and Amenities of Heron Club at Prestancia

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: Therapeutic Diets Such As Reduced Concentrated Sweets, Mechanical Soft And Pur E, Restaurant Style Service For Breaskfast, Lunch And Dinner, Cuisine Prepared With Seasonal, Locally Sourced Ingredients

• Features Extra: Library, We Are On A Lake

• Tai Chi

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: Standard License
  • State Licenses: AL10107

About Heron Club at Prestancia

Heron Club at Prestancia is a senior living provider in Sarasota, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Heron Club at Prestancia for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heron Club at Prestancia