Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

Reviews of Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

June 24, 2020

By Bears Mom

My parents lived at Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch from the time they opened. When they opened we had great hopes for the facility. In the almost 4 years they've been open, they are now on the 9th Executive Director. They even changed Executive Directors during the pandemic. This once again cause loss of key personnel. I've had many issues over the years, including my parents getting stuck for 45 minutes in the elevator during a power outage! Their cleaning crew has never been good but I've found out this week they are horrid now given th pandemic and noone is inside checking on them. After the new ED came in and their best nurse left I started looking at other facilities. I found that they are gouging me on cost. I've been able to cut the costs by about 40%, and the new facility provides a higher level of care. I moved my parents into a brand new full memory care facility with amazing care and attention this week. They are so much happier already. I was not allowed to go in and pack and move them, had to have their named movers do it. When their belongings arrived at the new facility I was called by the Executive Director to tell me their beds were in awful condition, I needed to buy new ones (theirs I had bought 2 years ago but they weren't keeping the mattress pads on it). Also that their clothing was in awful condition, smelling of urine. The furniture was caked in dust. Before the pandemic I went in 2-3 times a week and picked up their apartment, always telling them what wasn't being done. It appears since I haven't been in there they have not done their jobs. Also, in the time that I gave them notice they ran out of one of my dads meds and I had to complain to get them to fill it (I pay for them!). I also found that some other things happened that they should have called me about and never did. I have called the parent company CEO in the past to voice my issues but they were never addressed properly. This place has had ups and downs since they opened with all the turnover, but this is outrageous what is going on now. Don't let the nice pool fool you, your loved ones need much more.

September 20, 2019

By thegarecht5

4 thumbs up! My wife and I both agree that this is the facility that you should chose if you want the best for your loved one(s). We made an appt for a tour of the facility the week prior to arriving from New Jersey, our appt was scheduled for 3:30 but based on our schedule that day we showed up at the facility around 12:00 and asked if we could have lunch in the dining area. The request was enthusiastically granted and as an added bonus the Executive Director joined us for lunch and introduced us to many of the staff members while we ate. Inspired Living lunch menu provides two options for the main entree as well as 8 or more items on the menu which can be ordered at any time of the day. My wife and I ordered off of the all day menu (Tuna on a croissant & BLT) and our father ordered the Flounder which was one of the main entree choices. All three meals were delicious. I forgot to add that meals are served in the same manner as in a restaurant with a waitress taking your order and checking during the meal to ensure everything is as expected. Many of the other facilities we visited did not offer choices and just put a plate of food in front of each resident. During the meal we also had the pleasure of meeting the real life energizer bunny who goes by the name of Doug and is responsible for the maintenance of the facility. Doug offered help with moving both our mother and father into the facility if we ultimately selected their facility. We toured the facility with Brandie (Sales Director) and were impressed with not only Brandies relationship with the residents but also with her knowledge and experience associated with memory care patients and programs. The following day we visited another facility in Sarasota (which was the 5th facility we had visited/toured in 2 days including Inspired Living. It was after this visit that my wife and our parents all agreed that the Lakewood Ranch Inspired Living facility was in a league by itself in all aspects including the memory care program, resident rooms, meals, resident security including electronic ID bracelets, staff and management. Although the price is on the upper end of the scale, it was not the priciest of the facilities we toured and the Executive Director worked with us to meet our budget. (Great job Shannon, thank you!). Back to the energizer bunny Doug - When we returned to the facility to inform them of our selection for our parents care, most if not all of the Management staff came into the conference room and welcomed us to the family. Shannon and Brandie asked about our timeline in moving our parents and we asked if they could accommodate getting it done before we returned to New Jersey 2 days later. Without hesitation they said they could get it done and called Doug to join the conversation. Within minutes I was sitting in Doug’s office and he was on the phone with a moving company and making arrangements for the move to be completed the following day. Within minutes Doug had everything set up and our parents were moved into the facility the next day....unbelievable!!! Excellent job Doug! If you are looking for a top notch facility with an experienced friendly staff for your love one(s), ensure that you take a tour of the Lakewood Ranch Inspired Living facility. You’ll make it your choice!

August 27, 2019

By joycelynne40

If you are thinking about moving to this facility, THINK AGAIN. Sales girls talk a good talk but the staff do not deliver. Wait time for call light is up to 2 hours. Residents lay on the floor for hours and never checked on. Medications are late. Food is just ok. But the biggest issue is the main director does NOT know how to talk to people. She is rude to the staff and has no time for the residents and families...who ever heard of needing an appt to address an issue? CNA's are scary that the families and residents are intimidated to even ask for help. Overall it is sad, it is such a beautiful facility. Headquarters should really take a close look on what is going on inside the walls. Kindness goes a long way.

January 06, 2019

By Glen

My mother was a resident of Inspired Living. She came to the community in need of care, and the nurses and aides were wonderful, Her health improved greatly. It was an assisted living community, and it didn't provide the kind of activities necessary to keep my mother stimulated and active. That was frustrating for her, so that’s why she wanted to move out. I thought it was good value considering all that they did for the residents. They provided wonderful care for my mother.

April 09, 2018

By Amy

Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch was a very nice and clean place. It was very well designed and very well decorated. They had a lot of activities going on when I was there. The staff were happy and enjoying what they were doing. They seemed to be engaged, friendly, and knew their residents by name. The rooms were small but nice, and they seemed to be in good condition.

August 30, 2017

By Tracy

My mom is in the memory care unit at Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch. It's a nice facility, but it's expensive. My mom's room is very small, but she seems okay there. The staff seems nice and competent. She's had a lot of things turn out missing and there are just some things that I'm not happy about, but she's not unhappy or complaining much. The grounds are nice, and they have a small area outside to walk around. The facilities are nice and clean and the food seems good.

February 23, 2017

By Joy661571

Inspired Living was a very nice, beautiful facility with very accommodating staff. It’s very nice and clean. My mom needs surgery, and we were thinking she might need assisted living, but once she doesn’t, she does move back to her independent living. We were considering this as a place for her. It was large, queen size bed in the bedroom, and the bathroom was beautiful. it was very handicapped accessible. It has nice living space and beautiful interiors.

January 05, 2017

By Darlene171218

Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch was a very nice, fairly new facility with three different levels of rooms. Their one-bedroom was the lower price and very small, but the rooms were nice. It just wasn’t what I wanted.

November 14, 2016

By bssinger

My father was a resident here for only a few months before he passed away, but his experience was a most positive one. The staff were all extremely friendly, warm and caring. They took the time to get to know him and his needs (personal and medical), They were all were very patient and accomodating of his need for independence, as well as when he needed assistance. We family members were always kept in the communications loop when the situation called for it, The facility itself is also very nicely equipped and well cared for, and the food was just excellent. We are very thankful that Inspired Living was our father's home.

Thank you for the kind words. We truly value your feedback.

July 13, 2016

By Patti075346

What we liked about Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch was their pool and that it was gorgeous and bigger than any of the other places we’ve looked at. My dad likes to swim, and it's the only exercise he likes to do. The furniture and the common areas were beautiful. They obviously had someone with very good taste picking out the furniture. They had a lot of nice sitting areas throughout the property. The staff was very warm, friendly, and welcoming. It seemed that they knew the residents really well. I liked their security feature. For instance, if he goes to a walk, he could just press the button and they would know where to find him on the property.

February 11, 2016

By Eileen36

My mother has specific medical needs and Inspired living has met those needs with enthusiasm. She has nursing care, med techs, therapy, and a wonderful atmosphere in which to be social. There are activities going all the time, and residents may partake in as much or as little as they wish. My mother truly loves her caregivers and the staff is so friendly each day, to all of the residents. We are truly happy that Mom has such a delightful place, to call her new home.

October 28, 2015

By Susan C2

I visited Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch. I liked the programs offered and the staff. They had activities. They engaged the residents to use their skills. They had balloon bounce, wheelchair activities. There were actually jobs for people to use their skills, for example, folding napkins, delivering mail or different things to make them feel they were contributing. It was top shelf. It is brand new, but they do not accept Medicaid upfront. The neighborhood was under development. It was secluded. It was near the interstate. The grounds were beautiful. There was a lake and a fountain. It was meticulously landscaped. There was a putting green and a swimming pool with an assistant that would help you get into the water. The memory-care unit was part of the facility. It had hot water aquarium and granite countertops in the units. It was just very nice. They had beauty salon and restaurant.

September 29, 2015

By Richard114140750

Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch looked very good. The staff was very good in explaining everything. It is a little further away from where we live and there are a lot of businesses nearby, which we did not really like. The rooms looked very nice.

Independent Living Reviews for Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

November 27, 2017

By Pierre

The apartments at Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch were absolutely pristine. They were pretty much perfect. It's quite a sophisticated community, so there were quite a few activities and outings. On every floor, there were games, TV, and an entertainment room. Their activities were outstanding. They had a pool and other things as well. The facilities were top notch. We spoke to one of the nurses and were shown around by their coordinator, Brittany, who was fantastic. We also talked to a few people and one of the three chefs. Everybody gave us confidence that my father-in-law would be in good hands there, and we wouldn't have to worry. I got the impression of the professionalism. It felt like an active senior community. They were heading off to the museum for the day. They also go to theaters.

Thank you Pierre for your review. In the two years since we opened, we have worked hard to create a space seniors would be proud to call home. We are proud of our success to create an active and thriving community for moms and dads.I can't wait for your dad to get here!

October 13, 2016

By Sharon616874

We went to Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch. It was very nice, but we realized that the 2-bedroom apartment is going to be too small for us. However, I thought the staff was very pleasant and very helpful. We did try the food, and it was nothing spectacular. It reminded me of the food that I had in the nursing home. It was basically nothing I could eat because I can’t eat tomato sauce. When I asked if I could have the lasagna without the tomato sauce, they said that it was already on it. I had something off of the menu that they always have -- which was seasoned too so it wasn’t really anything to compare with. My husband liked what he had though. One really nice thing about their apartment is they have a very nice walk-in bathroom -- e.g., roll-in bathroom -- and it was very nice. However, they don’t have a stove in the kitchen. They have a kitchenette, but if you want to cook, they do have a kitchen at other end of the hallway.

Thank you Sharon for taking the time to share your experience. It is your feedback that helps us improve as a community and we appreciate it.

Memory Care Reviews for Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch

Bradenton, Fla. - Lakewood Ranchs premier senior living community, Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch, sits on 14 lush, wooded acres conveniently located off SR 70, and within quick access of Interstate 75. We are just minutes away from the exclusive restaurants and shopping areas of Lakewood Ranch.

Purposefully designed with a variety of premium services and amenities,Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch is the perfect place to create your own unique senior lifestyle. Enjoy the serenity of our tree-lined lake with fishing pier, boardwalk and beautifully landscaped walking paths. Or fetch some play time with your best friend in our fenced dog park. Practice your golf swing on our putting greens, or invite your family to a fun outing by our swimming pool with tiki bar. Sip a cup of coffee in our bistro while chatting with new friends or enjoy a fresh, chef-prepared meal in our elegant dining room.

We are passionate about our personalized approach to care, which is designed around your individual needs and preferences. Should a health issue arise, assisted living and memory care services are available, all within an enriching, homelike environment. Whether you are active and independent or need some assistance, the inspiring choices at Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch are all yours.

Map of Inspired Living at Lakewood Ranch