28 Assisted Living Facilities near Nokomis, FL
Also serving communities of Osprey.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nokomis area, with 4 in Nokomis and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nokomis is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include Englewood with an average starting cost of $2,968.
To help you with your search, browse the 190 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nokomis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nokomis 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arcadia with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nokomis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Nokomis, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nokomis
Seniors who enjoy the water may appreciate the beautiful shorelines of Nokomis. The town also has a boat launch allowing residents to experience great fishing in the Gulf. Around 3,000 people call Nokomis home and over 23 percent of residents are aged 65 and over.
Independent seniors in Nokomis who find they need some help with daily activities can find accommodation in one of the area's 26 assisted living facilities. They're monitored by the Agency for Health Care Administration, which may provide a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nokomis
- Sarasota County, including Nokomis, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Nokomis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Venice Regional Bayfront Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who enjoy arts and culture have plenty of options to explore in Nokomis and the surrounding area. The Venice Arts Center has exhibits and classes designed to inspire visitors. Some assisted living facilities may also organise group trips to see a symphony or ballet performance at Venice Performing Arts Center.
- The State of the Air 2018 report gives Sarasota County, including Nokomis, a B grade for ozone pollution and an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find the good air quality in the town has a beneficial impact on their health.
- Seniors hoping to leave cold weather behind may appreciate the mild winters in Nokomis. The town doesn't experience snow and the average low temperature in January is 51 degrees. There are 256 days of sunshine each year, 51 more than the national average, allowing seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
- Seniors have a lower tax bill in Florida as there's no state income tax. Sales taxes in the state are close to the national average, so seniors have more money to put towards assisted living in Nokomis.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nokomis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Nokomis start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nokomis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nokomis
The Assistive Care Services waiver and the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program offer financial assistance to Floridian seniors in assisted living. Nokomis seniors receiving income from Social Security may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nokomis
Nokomis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nokomis, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nokomis
Nokomis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nokomis
Review of Bayshore Guest Home & Gardens
My dad is going to a small residence like a small private house. This one is called Bayshore Guest Home, and it is in Nokomis. I'm looking at the small assisted living facility that is actually run... Read more
Review of Bayshore Guest Home & Gardens
We choose Bayshore Guest Home for my mother because it is a home setting and not a big setting. It is an older home, but they keep it nice and clean. It doesn't smell, and it is very safe Everythin... Read more
Review of Welcome Home
I have known Annie and Harry Thomassen of Welcome Home for many years and admired the devotion and love that they give to their residents. I highly recommend their home for yourself or your loved ... Read more