27 Assisted Living Facilities near Englewood, FL
Also serving communities of Rotonda West.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Englewood area, with 4 in Englewood and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Englewood is $2,696 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Nokomis with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 288 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Englewood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Englewood 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Port with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Englewood find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Englewood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Englewood, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Englewood
Listed as one of the best places to retire in Florida due to its beautiful beaches and quiet community, Englewood is just an hour south of Tampa and an hour north of Fort Myers. The city has three assisted living facilities, for those who require help with everyday living tasks, and there are also 26 nearby in cities like Venice and Port Charlotte.
There are two types of assisted living facilities in Englewood and the state of Florida. Those that operate under a standard license provide routine personal care, like grooming and housekeeping. The second type operates under a specialty license and provides limited nursing services and extended congregate care. Both types are regulated by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Englewood
- The Englewood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Englewood Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Englewood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Music Network, an organization that brings music to the homes and rooms of seniors within the community, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Charlotte County Transit Authority provides rides to and from medical appointments and for various outings and errands to seniors within the community for free.
- The overall crime rate in Englewood is 7 percent higher than the national average. The city is also 26 percent safer than most cities within the United States. In Englewood, Seniors have a 1 in 34 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime.
- With a cost of living that is slightly higher than the national average of 100, Englewood may pose a problem for seniors who are living on a strict budget. The cost of living in Englewood is lower than the state average of 111.
- Seniors who enjoy the heat and warm weather will love the climate in Englewood. Summer highs are around 90 degrees, and January lows are around 52. The area rarely gets any snow, but it does receive approximately 54 inches of rain per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Englewood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Englewood start around $2,530 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Englewood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Englewood
Seniors who live in a facility in Englewood that operates under a standard license may be eligible for assistance through the state’s Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. The Department of Children and Family Services determines eligibility on a case-by-case basis, and only semi-private rooms are covered. Those who prefer a private room may use family supplementation on top of the program benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Englewood
Englewood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Englewood, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Englewood
Englewood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Englewood
Review of Inglenook Assisted Living
My friend is in Inglenook. It's a smaller facility and has a little bit more hands-on care. The staff is wonderful. They are long-term employees, very gifted and caring, as well as doing their prof... Read more
Review of Grand Villa of Englewood
Our experience with Grand Villa of Englewood is not so good. My wife has an awfully small room there, but it's clean and decent. The facility is pretty nice. They've got a dining room, people come ... Read more
Review of Heritage Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care
I've been a resident here for just over a week, and I am so pleased to be here. I haven't found a single thing to be unhappy with. The building and the grounds are lovely and immaculate. The sta... Read more