18 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Charlotte, FL
Also serving communities of Arcadia.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Port Charlotte area, with 9 in Port Charlotte and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Port Charlotte is $2,859 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Punta Gorda with an average starting cost of $2,646.
To help you with your search, browse the 216 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Port Charlotte. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Port Charlotte 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Port with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Port Charlotte find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Port Charlotte, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Port Charlotte, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Port Charlotte
Pleasant weather and a variety of services to help senior citizens, including nutritional counseling and companionship programs, make Port Charlotte, Florida a nice place for seniors. The city is home to nine assisted living communities, and there are 19 more in surrounding cities.
In Port Charlotte and the rest of the state, The Department of Elder Affairs oversees the regulation of assisted living homes. Strict standards and three available specialty licenses, including limited mental health, extended congregate care, and limited nursing services, make these facilities highly regulated.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Port Charlotte
- The summers in Port Charlotte are warm with the average high in July around 91 degrees Fahrenheit. The winters are mild, which senior citizens may appreciate. The average low in January is 51 degrees Fahrenheit. There isn't normally snow here, but an average of 52 inches of rain per year is a bit above the national average of 39 inches.
- Breathing in Port Charlotte might be easier for some seniors thanks to the above average air quality. The United States as a whole has an average air quality of 58. Port Charlotte’s is better with a score of 65.
- While much of Florida has a cost of living higher than the national average, seniors might be pleased to know that Port Charlotte’s cost of living comes in at 94.3, which is lower than the national average of 100.
- The crime rate in Port Charlotte is a tad higher than the national average. While the U.S. property crime rate is 38.1, Port Charlotte’s is 42.4. Violent crime is also higher with Port Charlotte ranking 43.7, but the national average is only 31.1.
- The Cultural Center of Charlotte County is a non-profit that offers special programs to help enrich the life of any senior citizen in the county. Dances, BINGO, fitness classes, travel opportunities, and classes at The Learning Place covering everything from computers and crafts to fine arts and language make it easy for seniors to find something that interests them.
- The Port Charlotte area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fawcett Memorial Hospital and Bayfront Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Port Charlotte
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Port Charlotte start around $2,859 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Port Charlotte and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Port Charlotte
Florida offers two Medicaid waivers, Program of All-Inclusive Care and Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program, that might help to cover some of the costs of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Port Charlotte, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Port Charlotte, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Port Charlotte
Review of South Port Square
I like South Port Square. It is a very nice campus. It is expensive, but it is basically what I would like to have. The staff seemed to know what they are doing. The facility seemed up-to-date and ... Read more
Review of Royal Palm
Royal Palm was very nice. They got a gigantic dining room; the biggest I've ever seen. They are cheaper than others. I tried the food, and it was very good. The staff members know what they're doin... Read more
Review of Lexington Manor Assisted Living
We were very pleased with Lexington Manor Assisted Living. The point person was very helpful, and we were impressed. The rooms were very nicely appointed. We did not choose to taste the meal. The p... Read more