Brookdale Cape Coral

Reviews of Brookdale Cape Coral

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Cape Coral

November 29, 2015

By Beth46

My favorite place was Brookdale Cape Coral. The rooms were very nice, and I enjoyed speaking with Meg. She has kept in close contact with me and offered me assistance in any way that she can, even though I'm not ready to place my loved one in a care facility yet. We've been in contact every month, and she's been very informative and would even allow me to call and talk. They had singing and gatherings in their common area with music, and some people were being served snacks or something. I visited the Alzheimer's facility, and the staff there was so kind and gentle with the residents. I was very impressed with how the staff interacted with the residents.

January 17, 2015

By Bonita2

I visited Sterling House for my mother. It was really nice. It was referred by Caring.com. It was really nice, and it was smaller. I really like this facility a lot. The staff showed us all around. They showed us different rooms. We visited the rooms, the dining, and the laundry, and they have a little sitting area outside. They have a room that has a bird cage with all different kinds of really pretty birds. It was nice. Sterling House seemed to be in a very nice area. I didn't taste the food, but it looked really good. It looked like a really nice well-balanced meal. I really like this place.

December 22, 2014

My friend is at Sterling House. It is very nice. Everybody is very friendly. The rooms are very nice. My friend has a very adequate room. As for the food, he always says the food is nice, and he likes it. The staff is very nice. They have a big TV where they show movies and a computer room. They also have church. He doesn't partake in any of their activities because he is 97 years old and he doesn't do a whole lot.

July 29, 2014

By Christine0517

Sterling House had a funny smell to it. That place had a weird odor. The facility was an older building. It was a one-story, and the ceilings were low. It just looked closed-in. I just didn't like it. The whole facility was small. We saw one room and it had a low ceiling, and it just had kind of a closed-in feeling. Regarding the staff, the residents were having lunch when we were there, and they had a lot of staff assisting the residents in the dining hall. The one we talked to was very nice. She wasn't the person we needed to speak with about the finances. We didn't schedule anything; we just stopped in. She was very friendly, and as much as her knowledge allowed, shared all the information with us that she had.

May 30, 2014

By Jim84674350

My mom liked Sterling House, and it was very nice. Everything was very positive. Everything that my mom would have needed, this facility could have provided. It was probably the nicest one we visited. However, it was something she couldn't afford.

April 29, 2014

Everything was clean at Sterling House, and the people seemed to be very caring. There were activities posted on the big board. I think there was Bingo.

March 31, 2014

By Helen36

The one reason I liked Sterling House the best was that my father-in-law has a dog, and he said they could accommodate him bringing his dog. They even have a little courtyard that has grass, and it is in the middle of the facility, so the dog could roam around there and he couldn't get out, he couldn't get lost. It is a perfect environment. The rooms are very, very homey, and the staff is all very friendly. Everything is nice and clean. There are no odors. The people are great.

March 28, 2014

By LovelyLady2

We love Sterling House. We almost put my mom there. It wasn't really big like some of these other places. I think it was like 65 or 70 residents, and it was just very home-like. The dinner, the dining area, you never were that far away from anything. All the rooms were like one big circular area. It was very, very clean. The rooms were nice. They had several different choices to choose from. They just had a sitting area, a bedroom, a small kitchen and a bathroom but it was adequate for what my mother would need.

December 28, 2013

By Tim13

The Sterling House of Cape Coral was very nice. It's a small community. The place was immaculately clean. The rooms were a little smaller. The staff were all wonderful and very professional.

November 27, 2013

Sterling House was nice. The staff was knowledgeable and they took us around. I thought they were great for assisted living. However, my mom needed independent living.

August 10, 2013

By CaringEA803

I went for a visit Sterling House of Cape Coral. The place is very nice and very clean. All the people that worked there were very, very nice to me.

August 09, 2013

By Doris11

Mom is at Sterling House of Cape Coral. The doctor that visits there and their physical therapy are very good. The staff and the CNAs were wonderful. The nurses are top shelf, but I don't care for the executive director who is a detriment. If it isn't for the staff, my mother would be leaving.

April 29, 2013

By Virginia48065061

I like Sterling House's environment. The facility is very clean with well-maintained grounds. Had they been more appropriate to my needs and I had seen more, I would have been interested with them.

September 29, 2011

By Bella M.

My friend's mother was a resident at Sterling House for several years until her death a few months ago. I had the opportunity to visit her several times there, sometimes accompanying my friend and sometimes on my own. Both my friend and her mother always spoke very highly of this facility. Every time I visited there I found the facility to be very clean and nicely decorated and maintained. In addition, I always found the staff to be helpful if I had any questions. As the needs of my friend's mother increased, the staff was sensitive to her feelings about this and their sensitivity eased her transition as she required more assistance. One of the nice features of this facility is that it is basically located in a residential neighborhood yet also close to an area of the city where a large number of employees work (the City Hall, the Post Office and the County Building.) Because both my friend and I work in that area, it was convenient for us to drop by and visit the facility either during our lunch hour or immediately after work. This convenient location made it easier to visit frequently. I have already recommended the Sterling House to my cousin who is trying to select a location for his father.

Questions about Brookdale Cape Coral

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Cape Coral. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Seniors 65+ - who have a diverse array of preferences. Our programming manager, Claudette, gets to know each resident in our bed & breakfast typesetting and does a great job of offering a holistic approach to wellness - social, spiritual, physical, educational, vocational ... you name it, it's here.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Cape Coral offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum Life is one of our signature programs that truly engage each community member's tastes and preferences.

What places are near Brookdale Cape Coral or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cape Coral has the small-town feel that makes our community member's feel at home - nothing is too far away for our residents to enjoy by foot, or by sedan/shuttle.

What transportation services does Brookdale Cape Coral offer to assisted living residents?

Claudette is willing and able to get you most anywhere you want. Call today to ask about our planned and private transportation options.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Cape Coral exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Eva is not only known for her "down-home" cooking, but her flair for Southern cooking will make your mouth water. Her personal recipes are complimented with those available through Brookdale's very own Culinary Institute, and every now and then she replicates one of our community member's favorite recipes.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Cape Coral offer to assisted living residents?

Our front door has an automatic lock - and everyone of our residents have the code to get in. Though not necessary in our very safe neighborhood, it adds another layer of comfort for our residents who are used to this precaution in their last residence.

If Brookdale Cape Coral accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we are pet friendly! Our pet policy maintains a balance between people who may not be as accepting of domestic animals in our community and allows us to strike a respectful balance.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Orientation is provided to each new associate and continues throughout each person's employment. Training, coaching, mentoring - it's a Brookdale hallmark,.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Cape Coral provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents who wander are safest in one of memory care communities, of which we have two to choose from in our general area. Both are fantastic and should be visited as early as possible, since they often are full with a waiting list.

Photos of Brookdale Cape Coral

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Cape Coral

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Cape Coral

Brookdale Cape Coral provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Cape Coral