Calusa Harbour Fort Myers, FL

Reviews of Calusa Harbour

Assisted Living Reviews for Calusa Harbour

May 10, 2016

By A RelativeGWTSF

Calusa's studios in assisted care are spacious, but I'm happier that my mom gets the attention that she needs. They have cards, musical programs, and lots of events for the holidays. The food has been delicious when I’ve eaten there. They do a great job, but I think every place is too expensive for most old people to afford.

January 31, 2016

By Superwoman1

My dad is in an assisted living. He is at Calusa Harbour. He has a one-room unit with a bathroom. It has a refrigerator and a little sink. The staff members are all polite and friendly. They take them out, and they go shopping. My dad does go out to lunch with them. They have all sorts of activities, but he opts not to participate. Food has been excellent.

January 14, 2016

By anonymous1960

I find the management of Calusa Harbour to be lacking in compassion for their residents. The Director of Assisted Living violated a HIPAA rule!

November 30, 2015

My mother is living at Calusa Harbour. I don't have any complaints with them at all. They are treating my mother well. I would rate this place highly. They have different activities for the residents like games, sing-alongs, bingo, and many more, but my mother does not socialize.

September 07, 2015

My friend is at Calusa Harbour. Everything is nice. The room is nice. The food she complains about, but it is normal for her age. However, it is very clean. There is no smell or anything like that. Also, I think they take good care of my friend. I would recommend this to others. It is a beautiful place. My friend chose this facility because it is right on the river, and there is water. It is just a beautiful place.

August 22, 2015

By cindyjlm

My mother moved to Calusa Harbour about 2 months ago. She lived with me and my family for about 15 years. She was initially nervous but now she is happy, has friends and is busy all the time. I can hear it in her voice when she calls how happy she as she tells me what she had done for the day or what she will be doing the next day. Calusa Harbour is beautiful and clean. The staff there are all very helpful, friendly and always have a smile of their face. The food at Calusa Harbour is very good!! Calusa Harbour offers so much for the residents to keep them busy and entertained as well security they provide. I highly recommend Calusa Harbour!!!

May 21, 2015

By Jim Gorski

My friend's Mother recently moved to Calusa Harbour from the Bonita Springs area. I flew down to visit her in late March, and was very impressed with the facility. My first impression as I walked through the front doors was that of a 5 star luxury hotel. There were several staff members at the front desk, along with a uniformed security officer. The commons area was well appointed and very clean. Mom's room is on the 7th floor and overlooks a beautiful harbor/river. What a stunning view. There is a picnic area with a dock where residents can go down and enjoy the sunshine or go fishing on the river. The sit down restaurant/dining area was very clean, bright and portrayed a happy and upbeat feeling. All aspects of Calusa Harbour are bright and cheerful, and the building is very well maintained and smells fresh. There is also a bus which takes residents to various places such as the doctor, the grocery store or Church. All they have to do is sign their name in a book to reserve a time and date, and indicate where they wish to go. To me, it would be a dream place to spend my golden years if I no longer wished to maintain my own home.

February 24, 2015

By Bill102549750

We did visit another one called Calusa Harbour right downtown Fort Myers. It looked really large. They had something going on at the time we were there. It was very nice. We just met somebody who showed us around. It's an older place that is right down the water front. There's a beautiful location within about two blocks from old town Fort Myers, so the location is very nice. The rooms were OK and good. The building is 10 to 12 years old, but they were fine. I like the location because it's very close to downtown.

January 21, 2015

Calusa Harbour has been here for 30 years. I tried to live in Texas, and nobody would give me the deal that these people gave me. They wouldn't even approach it. I am a nurse by profession with a master's degree. I worked in the medical field all my life, and I am telling you that this program is before its time. Their series of operation, the courtesy, and the fun that they let these people have until they die is just unbelievable. The staff is unbelievably nice. I have a beautiful apartment. It is a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment. One of the ones that I am involved in the most is the art classes. It is taught by an artist, and we don't do children's stuff. We do beautiful art. The food is excellent. It is upper restaurant style. We even have waitresses, and we pick from a menu.

September 27, 2014

By Jane90790450

I would highly recommend Calusa Harbour. It was very nice, the people were amazing, and the view was spectacular. It was a very nice place, and the people looked so happy. They've got a whole area outside where they can sit and look at the water and they were just having the time of their lives. The only thing I didn't like so much is you could go outside the area around it and a little farther away there is a not so nice area, but the people who go to these facilities don't leave anyway, so this doesn't really matter. But it is protected and so nice. There were people sitting outside everywhere and talking, and they looked very happy. It was a little more expensive than the other ones, but not by much.

July 31, 2014

I've been in Calusa Harbour a lot because my sister-in-law is there. She's in the assisted living area. She's very unhappy not because they're not good to her but she doesn't want to be there. She's sick in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She doesn't understand the fact that she is no longer able to be alone. It was close to where I am. It's about 20 minutes from where I live right now. The food is very good. They had a lot of activities there. It's swimming and exercising and they had happy hour 3 days a week. You could have your guests come and eat in the main dining room.

July 31, 2014

For Calusa Harbour, a plus is that it's actually on the river; it's a good size body of water. It's very close to downtown. The facility is totally gated and there's a bus stop right outside of the gate. So you could walk out of the building and down the driveway to the bus stop -- it is that convenient. The lady who gave me the tour was nice, but I felt like she kind of rushed it. It's a much larger facility and so I didn't feel like it was as personable as the other facilities I've visited. I didn't feel like it was quite as clean, quite frankly -- it just has a musty smell. The facility wasn't hideous and I think a lot of people would be very pleased with it. Some of my friends have friends who have lived there and they've been very happy. But I also have some acquaintances who have lived there and were not happy. It's very close to the downtown library. I don't know if I'd call it a good neighborhood, but it's a convenient one. The staff at the front desk were very kind and greeted me cheerfully, but I was not overly impressed with the place. It's a very large building so I think they have a large population.

July 23, 2014

By Deguise

Ok but my mom fell because she thought she could walk several times and the last time after 4 1/2 years they would not take her in skilled so sad

May 25, 2014

By Bob Descoteaux

I have been visiting my partner Bryan for the last few weeks and have enjoyed the dining room and spectacular food and service there. The patient care in rehab is also excellent.All employees go out of their way to make patients and visitors comfortable. I definitely agree this is a 5 star facility and would highly recommend it to everyone.

April 25, 2014

We were taken through a tour of Calusa Harbor. It was very nice. It's got high-rise independent living and then a lower building for the assisted living. They have beautiful dining facilities. They have a beautiful porch that you can go out on anytime. It's right on the Caloosahatchee River. It's right where boats go up and down. The scenery and the view is beautiful. It's like a beautiful picture. I did not care for the rooms in the assisted living part. They were just one square big room with a bathroom. They did have a little kitchen area where you could put your table and stuff. They do have some apartments that have two rooms. I thought it was a very nice place. It's quite expensive. I would like it, but I'm not ready for that kind of building. I've been in rehab three times this year. Everyone was very nice there, and I didn’t hear any complaints. I don't think it's a place where I'd want to be, very honestly. It was very lovely. They had everything you could ever want, but it's expensive. They had a lot of couples living there. They had a lot of social things going on at supper time and parties. But I don't want to be in that kind of society. It's a beautiful place. I'm not putting it down. It just wasn't my kind of surroundings.

April 11, 2014

We like Calusa Harbour down on the water. The room was nice. Some rooms overlook the water; we liked that part. The staff was good. They had a librarian. They had things going on, like games if you're interested. They'll take you to the doctor and shopping if you want to. They have transportation.

March 31, 2014

We checked out Calusa Harbour. It seemed like a neat, well-run place. The residents seemed really happy. It's just the living space is a little smaller than some of the other places that she looked at. I think one of the down-sides was my mother-in-law later progressed to needing assisted living so that she had to move from one apartment to another. It was really depressing for her to see people on wheelchairs and walkers. You're going to have people with various ranges of needs, and it was a little sober. But we were very impressed. They let us stay for dinner, and the food was excellent, and they were very accommodating. If she needed a place like that, it would be certainly something that we would consider.

December 29, 2013

By Debra10

It’s been about three weeks now since my mom is at Calusa Harbour. It's a beautiful facility and I love it. It's brand new. The place is clean and nice. The elderlies have their happy hour and they have live bands. I told my husband I want to move in there. The staff seemed to be very on top with everything with their physical therapist. They did seem to be very encouraging. I'm very happy with that experience.

November 20, 2013

By Suzy6

I don't personally like Calusa Harbour. It was a nice facility but I think it was too big. I wouldn't put my grandmother there. It's high-rise but not as homey and I don't like that. There's nothing that need changing, it's just the way the facility was set up. They're very nice but it was also very expensive.

May 31, 2013

By Karen 8

My parents are at Calusa Harbor. For the most part, they do their job. But the actual caregivers are very inconsistent, which is very upsetting to elderly people.

May 23, 2013

By Caring 5237

Calusa Harbour was an excellent place but they did not have memory care which my mom needed. They only had independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing. The personnel were great and even the financial people who I registered with were wonderful. I would recommend this place to seniors who needed what they offered.

April 16, 2013

By Mary 2

Calusa Harbour was a high-rise building like a hotel. It had a lovely view and a good location. The place was clean and well-kept. But the elevators got really crowded, and you had to wait.

February 28, 2013

By TomL1

My mother-in-law has mild dementia. We checked Calusa Harbor and we talked to some people who actually live there or friends who have parents there, and we got nothing but good reports. The facility is excellent. It's a little older, but it's clean and neat. We were very impressed with them. It's larger than most other facilities, but it was more affordable. The food is good, too. We put my mother-in-law in a one bedroom apartment.

January 30, 2013

By Mollie McGuire

from the minute I walked in i knew this was the place for my parents. No other place had the same warmth that was displayed here. I was able to observe the activity and also the staff interactions. I was interested in bringing my parents from Ohio to be closer in case something happened. I've noticed that they are becoming more frail and wanted to be sure their meals were going to be provided and transportation so my dad didn't have to keep driving. I did visit several places, but this has worked out beyond my expectations. Thank you, Calusa Harbour for making two of the most important people in my life happy and content.

December 28, 2012

I wasn't comfortable with the atmosphere in Calusa Harbour. People seemed a little aloof. They just did not strike me as some place I wanted to go. The rooms are beautiful, and I'm sure practically every room there has a view of the water. But it was too far for me and it's in the downtown area. We had a complimentary lunch. The food was good.

May 24, 2011

By 7Thesoy

Friend or relative of resident

My aunt was in this assisted living facility and I visited her there often. I always found the facility to be clean and the staff to be very friendly. My aunt has always been a healthy eater and she has found the meals to be to her liking. Although my aunt originally moved to the independent living section of Calusa Harbor, her health declined after about a year there. When we began to realize that she would probably need to move into the assisted living facility, she was initially reluctant to do so and expressed her concerns. We discussed them with the staff and they helped both us, her family members, and her realize that the assisted living facility would better meet her needs. Furthermore, they helped us all realize that she would still be able to visit with and be visited by her friends in the independent living units. In addition, she would be able to continue to take part in the activities that she enjoyed, such as Bingo. With the assistance of the staff, her transition to the assisted living facility went off without a hitch. All in all, we have found the facility to be very good and are very pleased.

Independent Living Reviews for Calusa Harbour

November 25, 2016

By James426112

I used to live at Calusa Harbour, which is really across the street from where I live now. I enjoyed it, but it got too expensive. I really liked living there, but the rates went up, and I?m on a fixed income, so it isn?t really what I can afford. It?s absolutely a good place to live. I was happy there, except for the expense. The staff people were very gracious. The food was great.

October 10, 2016

By Rosalie740285

We’re living in Calusa Harbour now. It is excellent. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. I’m impressed with the people, how friendly they are and the service they have here. The services are outstanding. The meals are outstanding. It is a 5-rated community. They have assisted living and skilled nursing here. We have a 1-bedroom, and right outside our door is an exercise room and a laundry room. We have everything very convenient. They have something for you to do here every minute if you could do it all. The amenities are fantastic. They even have fishing once a month for anyone who likes to go out and fish, and they give you the poles and the bait.

May 24, 2015

By Caring100719250

A friend of my mother's went into Calusa Harbour for rehab, and they recommended it. They have independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care all in the same facility. My mother is currently in independent, but we have her on the assisted living list because she is right at that cusp. Their staff is very good, very responsive, and helpful. She enjoys the facility. It's excellent, large, modern, and very homey -- absolutely non-institutional.

October 15, 2014

By Johnnie2

Calusa Harbour is very clean and overlooks the harbour (or river). The apartments are more than adequate, and we will be staying in a one bedroom with a nice sized living and dining area, a small kitchen, and plenty of closets. Once a week you get maid service, all maintenance is free, all the utilities are in a fee to include electricity. They provide cable, three meals a day, and you have a choice when to eat. We tried some food and it was fabulous. The patients seem to be very happy. They have a lot of activities appropriate for someone like me. They actually have art classes taught by an artist, they have cooking classes, and quilting. They take you out several times a week to places for dinner dates, shows, or plays.

September 30, 2014

By Johnny7

Our visit at Calusa was lovely; they answered all our questions. We saw some nice rooms and they’re going to care for an under aged child that I’ve raised all my life because she is very handicapped. we couldn't have been more pleased. The people were interacting with each other so much that we thought we were at camp. The staff is excellent and the patients were doing their activities. making jokes, and making friends with the staff, I was just really surprised. It was like a community not a home.

July 24, 2014

By Deguise

Lovely good food . But a high rise how would get down if there was a fire. Only two elevators alway broken a nightmare. Everything else was nice but elevators unbearable

July 18, 2014

We are in the process of moving my dad to Calusa Harbour. The rooms have a brighter feeling because they have windows. They have the restaurant-style dining, and you are able to order off the menu. At this point, it looks very nice and very clean. Everybody is very friendly.

June 30, 2014

The guy gave me an excellent tour at Calusa Harbour. He was very professional and welcoming. I saw a studio and a one-bedroom apartment. I enjoyed their food, and I ate with the residents, which was a good opportunity for me. They have water aerobics, and they have a pool in the facility. However, I think the facility is a high-rise and somewhat crowded, like in the elevator.

May 20, 2014

By Sherry29

My brother has moved in to Calusa Harbor. Everyone is very helpful in this community. The facility is very nice and clean. Their rooms are very roomy. There is plenty of space in each room. The food is very good. They have a beauty shop and a barber shop. They have happy hour. They also have guest speakers and a lot of other activities for the residents. We picked this facility because of its location. It has a nice view and a nice setting.

May 20, 2014

By Carol83712650

I've visited Calusa Harbour a couple of times, and it's a lovely facility, but it's on the waterfront, and it's 20 stories high. They have one elevator, so that is not very conducive for walkers, canes, and wheelchairs. The staff has been very wonderful. The only problem I have is the parking area and the elevator.

May 10, 2014

Calusa Harbour was a high-rise building, and it was a very nice place. It was a beautiful place because if you looked out the window, you would see a big water there, since there were rivers in the area. The rooms were not as big as the other facility I visited. It was like a regular house with everything in it like bedroom, kitchen, etc. There were rooms downstairs around the building that faced the water. You sat where you liked and enjoyed yourself. We tried the food, and it was good. Most people were glad that they were there. My only comment was they had a large group of residents in the assisted living area, and I was not sure I preferred that. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this facility to others.

October 11, 2013

By Irene10

The view was nice at Calusa Harbor. We only met one lady. She was very nice, very helpful, and she was willing to show us what they had to offer. But the apartment that they showed us was small and there was no kitchen. That was not what we were looking for, because we're still pretty active and can still move around. Also, the elevators were very, very slow for a large building. It was dinner time when we happened to be there. The elevator was very crowded and slow in getting down everybody for dinner.

September 30, 2013

By Nancy69352750

Outside, Calusa Harbour was pretty. However, the apartments were tiny. When you went down the hall, you could see the plumbing exposed on the ceiling just like in an old building. There were no balconies so people were confined inside the apartment. It was like being in an old hotel. Though the staff was nice and they had activities, we weren't impressed with them. They had to improve their building and put balconies on their rooms.

September 20, 2013

By jazzyann

The major plus is it's location on the river. It is an older facility but undergoing upgrades/renovations. We are in our early 70's and the population there seemed much older. I did not like the very limited kitchen facilites in the apartment. The staff were very informative and helpful.

June 26, 2013

By Margaret17

My sister passed away in May but we were able to visit Calusa Harbour. It was a very nice facility. The people were very friendly. The person that we talked to was very, very nice. We did get to see the rooms and the smallest one was really small. If my sister had a little more money, she would have loved living in this facility. They should work more on accommodating people who are on extremely limited income.

June 25, 2013

By Nanci1

We like Calusa Harbor. I think that is going to be our choice. It has beautiful view of the river. It's downtown and walking distance to restaurants and other places. That's a real plus for us because we enjoy walking. The one we chose is the 1-bedroom because the studio was a little small. We had lunch there, and the food was good. They seem to have a lot of things going on. They also have vans to take you to different events around town, to the grocery store, or to doctors' appointments. However, it's really expensive because of the location, and they have a waiting list.

Nursing Home Reviews for Calusa Harbour

Photos of Calusa Harbour

About Calusa Harbour

Calusa Harbour offers everything you expect from senior living "“ a beautiful community located directly on the intercostal where residents can enjoy spectacular views. You will find your choice of spacious Independent or Assisted Living apartments and, if needed, licensed nursing care. Calusa Harbour is the only area community offering the full continuum of service and care. As a Calusa Harbour resident, you will find the perfect balance of the independence you want and the care you may need now and in the future.

Services & Amenities at Calusa Harbour

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Map of Calusa Harbour