American House Fort Myers

Reviews of American House Fort Myers

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Fort Myers

November 29, 2019

By Reviewer11192019

I liked American House Fort Myers very much. But it had amenities that my brother wouldn't have used, like a swimming pool. It was lovely, but he would never use that so why pay for things you're not going to use. It was lovely and I liked it, but it costs a little more money for things he wouldn't use. The place itself is beautiful and very glamorous, like a resort. The staff didn't seem to focus, while they were touring me, as much on the care as they did on their facilities. Yes, they had a beautiful building, but we wanted to know if my brother will be cared well too. So that's why we chose another community. I saw where they eat, they have a fixed window for eating like 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours midday and 2 hours in the evenings. So they're more restrictive during mealtimes.

October 31, 2019

By David

My father stayed at American House Fort Myers and the entire staff, from the executive director down, were awesome, very caring, very accommodating, and just really nice. They're all wonderful people. They have an entertainment director, and we were so pleased with their services that we're donating my father's $43,000 organ to their facility for the residents to enjoy. His room was wonderful, very nice, clean, and ready for him when we moved him in there. It was well kept and extremely roomy. They had all kinds of activities and different rooms for different functions. You can be as active or as inactive as you want. It's a clean and very nice facility. It's reasonably new, so they do charge more.

July 05, 2019

By Reviewer6232019

The doctor recommended American House Fort Myers for my husband. He had other patients that had done well there with the same kind of illness. I'm 75% satisfied. It's beautiful, very new, and well landscaped. There are fountains in the backyard, birdfeeders, lovely furniture, and a pool area. It's well decorated and immaculately clean. My husband says the food is awesome. I've eaten there several times and it's good. Because it's new, I don't think they've got all the staff that they need at times, but the administration is very receptive to comments and to making things right.

October 14, 2018

By Jeri

We put our mother in a shared room at American House Fort Myers, which was more affordable for our family. I really liked it. They do a fantastic job. She seems very clean and happy. They offer her good food, they give her showers, and they have a beauty salon there where she gets her hair done every week. I'm really happy there. I like the staff. They're very good and very caring. For the first time in a while I feel like she's at home. She interacts well with the staff and they treat her well. There's enough people around that she can interact with. She's in memory care, so she doesn't necessarily have other residents to talk to. It's easy to get to and it's close to my house. I can come in whenever. It's a locked unit, but I have access to get in to see my mom at bedtime, or early in the morning, or if anything's wrong, they always call me. They communicate when there's a problem. They pay attention to what's going on. It's not a big unit and it's not full, so they can watch people really closely. We get to bring our pet in every week. They do exercise classes. She'd broken her hip and we arranged for her to get her occupational and physical therapy, which they're doing there. They're meeting all her needs. They do memory activities and because it's a smaller group, everybody's engaged. They do a lot of social things to get them to interact with each other.

Photos of American House Fort Myers

Services and Amenities of American House Fort Myers

• Pool

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About American House Fort Myers

Located adjacent to Lee Health’s Gulf Coast Medical Center, American House Ft. Myers is the latest American House community to be developed in Florida. Our community features Assisted Living and Memory Care services through our proprietary Love is Ageless® program. Our range of diverse cultural, recreational, physical and educational programs will help you make memorable moments that will enrich your life. Whether you choose to join your neighbors for dinner, or entertain family in your private apartment, American House Ft. Myers allows you to live the fullest life possible.

Map of American House Fort Myers