11 Assisted Living Facilities near Lehigh Acres, FL
Also serving communities of Labelle.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lehigh Acres area, with 2 in Lehigh Acres and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lehigh Acres is $2,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 145 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lehigh Acres. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lehigh Acres 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fort Myers with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lehigh Acres, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lehigh Acres, FL
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Lehigh Acres, FL
Assisted Living near Lehigh Acres, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lehigh Acres
Review of Lehigh Acres Place
We chose Lehigh Acres Place because of the price. The place is clean, the people seem to be very nice, and they have everything my parents need. They have activities, and they serve breakfast, lunc... Read more
Review of Lehigh Acres Place
Lehigh Acres Place was a smaller, quiet, peaceful place. We would have taken it, but they didn’t have an opening. They were OK. The staff was very nice, but they did not hit the spot, and I wanted ... Read more
Review of The Anthurium
The Anthurium was a nice place. It's a smaller home of about 10 people. The staff was well-equipped and very knowledgeable, and they pay more attention to detail because it's a smaller home. The pl... Read more
Assisted Living near Lee County, FL
More Options Near Lehigh Acres, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lehigh Acres
Lehigh Acres has 16 well-stocked lakes, 175 miles of canals and is close to the Gulf of Mexico, which may be appealing to seniors who enjoy fishing. The senior population is relatively small with only 12 percent of the city's 86,000 residents aged 65 and over and there are 11 assisted living facilities in the area catering to them.
Assisted living facilities in Florida are monitored and licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration. Depending on the type of care they provide, facilities may hold a Standard or Specialty license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh Acres has warm weather throughout the year, with average low temperatures in January of 52 degrees. In July the average high is 92 degrees and the city gets 53 inches of rain each year, 14 inches more than the national average. Lehigh Acres is also in an area prone to hurricanes and seniors may want to ask about emergency procedures in facilities they tour.
- The Lehigh Acres area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lehigh Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- LeeTran provides public transport to the Lehigh Acres area. Passengers aged 65 and older are eligible for discounted fares and may also be able to access Passport, a shared-ride, origin-to-destination service for people unable to use the fixed-route service.
- The State of the Air 2018 report gave Lee County, including Lehigh Acres, good grades for air quality. Ozone pollution received a B grade, while 24-hour particle pollution receives an A grade. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find their breathing eases in the clean air.
- The overall cost of living in Lehigh Acres is rated at 105 on the Sperling index, five points higher than the national average. Healthcare costs in the city are particularly expensive and rated 20 points above the U.S. average, which may impact the budgets of seniors with health conditions.
- Seniors in Florida can save money on their tax bill as the state has no income tax. Sales taxes in the state are not overly high which can also help the budget of seniors with a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lehigh Acres
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lehigh Acres start around $2,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lehigh Acres and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lehigh Acres
The Medicaid Long-Term Care Program and the Assistive Care Services waiver offer financial assistance to Floridian seniors living in assisted living facilities. Lehigh Acres seniors who receive Social Security Income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lehigh Acres
Lehigh Acres and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lehigh Acres, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lehigh Acres
Lehigh Acres-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.