15 Assisted Living Facilities near Bonita Springs, FL
Also serving communities of Estero.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bonita Springs area, with 6 in Bonita Springs and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bonita Springs is $2,916 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Lehigh Acres with an average starting cost of $2,050.
To help you with your search, browse the 151 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bonita Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bonita Springs 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Naples with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 11 families in Bonita Springs find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bonita Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Bonita Springs, FL
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Bonita Springs, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs has a population of about 54,000 and is home to beautiful beaches and plentiful recreational opportunities. Another big draw of living in Bonita Springs: Florida doesn't tax Social Security benefits, so its cities are attractive to senior citizens.
The Bureau of Health Facility Regulation in Florida licenses assisted living facilities. Under a standard license, these facilities provide personal care services, meals and housing. You’ll find six assisted living facilities in Bonita Springs itself with 18 nearby in places such as Naples.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs has a friendly climate in the winter with an average low of just 54 degrees. However, summer temperatures can get uncomfortable with highs in the 90s in July. There are also hurricane risks. Overall, though, Bonita Springs ranks a smashingly good 82 out of 100 on the Sperling’s Comfort Index. Compare that to the U.S. average, which is 54.
- The cost of living in Bonita Springs falls in line with the national average. Groceries, transportation and housing tend to cost above the national average, but lower costs for utilities and health care balance them out.
- Bonita Springs comes in as safer than 61 percent of U.S. cities. Its violent crime rate is a low 1.72 per 1,000 residents.
- Residents can get around Bonita Springs using LeeTran, and people 65 and older qualify for discount passes. For example, a 31-day senior citizen pass costs $23 as of 2018. Bonita Springs is not really a walkable city in general, scoring 18 out of 100 on Walk Score.
- Arts and culture opportunities in Bonita Springs are provided by venues such as the Center for Performing Arts and the Center for the Arts of Bonita Springs. Festivals include the Bonita Springs National Art Festivals. Beachfront parks include Lovers Key State Park and Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park. Residents can walk, snorkel, swim or take in wildlife such as manatees and dolphins. Seniors should also enjoy the Conservancy of Southwest Florida. Naples, just 14 miles to the south, provides many more opportunities such as history museums, art galleries and art museums.
- Florida does not have an estate or inheritance tax. In fact, it has no state income tax, so IRA and 401(k) income are untaxed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bonita Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Bonita Springs start around $3,040 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bonita Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bonita Springs
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bonita Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bonita Springs, FL
Other Options in Bonita Springs, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bonita Springs
Review of American House Bonita Springs
My mother moved into American House Bonita Springs. Most of the people there are helpful, and I think the facility is very nice. Her room is excellent. I'd move into her room any day. The meals see... Read more
Review of Brookdale Bonita Springs
Brookdale Bonita Springs was nice and clean. The rooms were very large. The person who accommodated me was good. She also called me. The dining area was very nice and very good. The food looked goo... Read more
Review of Renaissance at the Terraces
My husband has been in rehab here for about 40 days at Renaissance. What a WONDERFUL place - he is getting AMAZING care - the staff is so kind, genuine and helpful. He will be coming home soon an... Read more