Naples has 19,115 residents, and more than 52% of them are age 65 or older, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Some individuals in this large senior population are living with Alzheimer’s disease and similar disorders. Fortunately, the death rate related to this disease has decreased. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the city saw 219 Alzheimer’s-related deaths in 2014, compared to 143 in 2018, representing a 34.7% decrease in that period. This figure contrasts with an increased overall death rate of 13.42% during the same time frame.

While these statistics are encouraging, some residents in Naples do require the support of a memory care facility. These communities provide around-the-clock care for seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. In this guide, discover more information about these memory care facilities in Naples. Plus, check out resources that can help support both seniors facing an Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis and their families.

Memory Care Facilities in Naples, FL

2019

Opal Senior Living Memory Care of Naples

1155 Encore Way, Naples, FL, 34110

First, there is a new director every few months. This latest one is rude and argumentative. She does not take responsibility for anything. My mother’s room has holes in the walls, a toilet that doesn’ … (read more)

2020

Arden Courts of Lely Palms

6125 Rattlesnake Hammock Rd, Naples, FL, 34113

I relocated my mother to Arden Courts after an awful experience at another care facility. The transition took place during COVID and between my previous experience and COVID restrictions, I braced fo … (read more)

Beach House

1000 Airport Pulling Road S., Naples, FL, 34104

This facility is understafffed in the memeory care unit. My husband’s mother was not attended to in an appropriate manner. Upon numerous visits we found her bed soaked with urine or squares of soak pa … (read more)

2015, 2016

Barrington Terrace of Naples

5175 Tamiami Trail East, Naples, FL, 34113

Barrington Terrace of Naples is a mixed community, but they’re not as separated as they are in some communities. My daughter is a memory care person, but the room that we were interested in, put her i … (read more)

Naples Green Village

101 Cypress Way E., Naples, FL, 34110

We chose Naples Green Village for my husband because it’s smaller. I liked the people, and they are dog friendly and music friendly. Those are things that my husband likes, and I’ve been able to take … (read more)

Bayshore Memory Care

1260 Creekside Blvd. E., Naples, FL, 34109

I was very happy that my wife got out of Bayshore Memory Care. They did not treat her badly, they just treated her as though she was just a potted plant, sitting there to be taken care of. I had to ge … (read more)

The Collier at Naples

770 Goodlette Rd. North, Naples, FL, 34102

I liked The Collier at Naples. I liked the rooms. The rooms were great. My daughter would have had an upgrade into a small suite that was nice. They were friendly. The unit is on the fourth floor thou … (read more)

Memory Care of Naples

2626 Goodlette Frank Road, Naples, FL, 34103

We found Memory Care of Naples for my mother if she needs respite care. The reason I liked it was because it’s all-inclusive, and my mom requires that. The second thing was that it’s very close to my … (read more)

2015

Aston Gardens at Pelican Marsh

4800 Aston Gardens Way, Naples, FL, 34109

Aston Gardens at Pelican Marsh, located in the north end of Naples, Florida, is close to I-75 and Walmart Supercenter. Visitors say the rooms are spacious and well decorated and that the facility has … (read more)

Terracina Grand

6825 Davis Boulevard, Naples, FL, 34104

My mother is a resident of the Villa at Terracina Grand. It’s a wonderful facility, and it’s fairly new. She moved in when it was brand new. The people seem very caring. I’m really pleased with where … (read more)

Discovery Village At Naples

8417 Sierra Meadows Boulevard, Naples, FL, 34113

Discovery Village offers an outstanding experience for residents and families. My Mother lived in Assisted Living and then moved to Memory Care. The staff is fantastic, facilities are beautiful,progra … (read more)

All Seasons Naples

15450 Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL, 34110

Seascape at Naples

3490 Thrive Drive, Naples, FL, 34105

It was very nice, but the problem was that the room my wife would have had was so tight and it felt claustrophobic when you went back in there. They had a queen-sized bed, which is the same size bed t … (read more)

The Arlington

7900 Arlington Circle, Naples, FL, 34113

I was impressed with the services offered, the rooms, size of the rooms, and setup in the Arlington of Naples. The price was pretty standard, and it was affordable for me. The staff was very good, she … (read more)

Watercrest Naples

9015 Bellaire Bay Dr, Naples, FL, 34120

Both of my parents were residents at this facility for approximately two years. We have nothing but good things to say. Lots of activities. Always bathed and dressed. Spiritual needs met. Lots of fond … (read more)

Thrive at Naples

3480 Pine Ridge Road, Naples, FL, 34109

COVID-19 Rules for Memory Care in Naples

Since most COVID-19 rules for Memory Care Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Memory Care in Florida. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.

What to Consider About Memory Care in Naples

The Florida Department of Elder Affairs oversees long-term care facilities, including memory care communities, in Naples and throughout the state. This department establishes rules and regulations for these facilities and issues licenses to ensure they comply with all guidelines.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Memory Care in Naples

• Naples is home to several hospitals, most notably NCH North Naples Hospital and Physicians Regional Healthcare System. These hospitals offer convenient local health care for seniors living in Naples.
  • Collier Area Transit (CAT) includes fixed route buses that run throughout the city. Seniors age 65 and older are eligible for reduced fares. Additionally, eligible seniors can use CATConnect, a shared-ride door-to-door service that can take them to medical appointments and more.
  • Florida is a tax-friendly state for seniors. The state doesn’t have an income tax, which means that pension income, Social Security retirement benefits and IRA or 401(k) income won’t be taxed, either. This can result in tax savings for seniors living in Naples.
  • Seniors looking to escape cold weather and snow will appreciate Naples’ climate. The city boasts average winter high temperatures in the low 70s. The area also sees 264 sunny days, on average, per year, which is greater than the national average. However, summer in Naples can be especially hot, with summer high temperatures exceeding 90 degrees.
  • Naples’ Collier County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities. This designation indicates that local leaders have shown a commitment to building an age-inclusive community.

Paying for Memory Care in Naples

Memory care communities cost, on average, $6,625 per month, according to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2019. This figure is based on assisted living costs in Naples. Since memory care requires additional services, it typically costs between 20% to 30% more than an assisted living facility. So, 25% was added to the cost of assisted living in Naples to determine the cost of memory care.

The Cost of Memory Care in Nearby Cities

Memory care costs more in Naples when compared to nearby cities. In addition to exceeding both state and national averages of $5,000 and $5,625 per month, respectively, Naples also costs more than nearby Cape Coral at $5,418 and Punta Gorda at $4,188. Memory care in Naples is also more expensive than Miami, where it costs $5,481.

$6625

Punta Gorda

$5481

Miami

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Other types of senior care are available in Naples as well. Homemaker services cost an average of $5,720 per month, while a home health aide costs $5,577. Living in an assisted facility costs $5,300 a month. Nursing home care is the most expensive, with a semiprivate room costing an average of $9,277 a month and a private room costing $14,904 a month.

$5720

Homemaker services

$5577

Home health aide

$5300

Assisted Living Facility

$9277

Nursing home facility semiprivate room

$14904

Nursing home facility private room

Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Naples

In Naples, there are options for seniors who need financial assistance paying for Memory Care. For more information about other options, who qualifies, and how to apply, Memory Care in Florida page.

More ways to pay for memory care in FL

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care

While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Florida page.

Free Memory Care Resources in Naples

Memory care resources are available for seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease as well as their families. Check out these local resources to find support, education, and information in Naples.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association serves 17 counties, including Collier County. This organization provides education and support for seniors living with dementia, as well as their families and caregivers.

The Florida Department of Elder Affairs oversees the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, which is a helpful resource for seniors living in memory care facilities. Seniors and their families can contact the ombudsman to file a complaint or concern about a facility, which their local ombudsman will then investigate.

The Alzheimer's Support Network offers more than 30 support group meetings every month in the Naples area. These support groups help families navigate an Alzheimer's diagnosis. Seniors with Alzheimer's can also access individualized assistance, educational resources and therapy and experiences through this organization.

Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Naples

Naples Memory Care Communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all Memory Care Facilities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Florida page for more information about these laws.

Memory Care Laes and Regulations in Florida