17 Assisted Living Facilities near Punta Gorda, FL
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Punta Gorda area, with 6 in Punta Gorda and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Punta Gorda is $2,590 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Englewood with an average starting cost of $2,563.
To help you with your search, browse the 197 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Punta Gorda. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Punta Gorda 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Port Charlotte with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Punta Gorda, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Punta Gorda, FL
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Punta Gorda, FL
Assisted Living near Punta Gorda, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Punta Gorda
Review of Sandhill Gardens Retirement Center
My experience with Sandhill Gardens is not great, but its OK. I'm still learning. They have activities for the residents even though I don't participate in too much of that. The rooms are fine, tho... Read more
Review of Brookdale Punta Gorda Isles
My mom moved into Brookdale Punta Gorda Isles. It's very nice, clean, and well-appointed. The staff is friendly and the food is good. I'm happy with it and would recommend it. They have activities ... Read more
Review of The Courtyard Assisted Living
The Courtyard was an old facility and it was more for people that are disabled, or incapable of taking care of themselves, rather than somebody like my mother who is still fairly active and vibrant... Read more
Assisted Living near Charlotte County, FL
More Options Near Punta Gorda, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Punta Gorda
When Punta Gorda was founded on the shores of Peace River in 1884, every waterfront block was a park. Haborwalk continues this legacy with a walk along the Charlotte Harbor shoreline, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy waterfront strolls. Over 55 percent of the city's 19,000 residents are aged 65 and older and there are 17 assisted living facilities in the area offering them accommodation. These facilities are licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Punta Gorda
- The Punta Gorda area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bayfront Health, Punta Gorda, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Charlotte County Transit Division offers a curb-to-curb bus service throughout the county, including Punta Gorda. Seniors aged 60 or older can apply for the Transport Disadvantaged Program, which provides eligible riders discounted fares.
- Punta Gorda has a relatively low overall crime rate of 13 crimes per 1,000 residents, lower than 80 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. The property crime rate is around half of the state average. Violent crime is similarly low at less than one crime per 1,000 residents, compared to the Florida average of 4.08. This may reassure seniors who are concerned with their safety.
- There are many opportunities for seniors to enjoy art and culture in Punta Gorda. The Visual Arts Center has exhibitions, workshops and events, including the Peace River National Art Festival. Those interested in the area's history can get involved with the Punta Gorda Historical Society or the Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society, which aims to preserve the history of the area through mural art.
- The overall cost of living in Punta Gorda is rated at 103 on the Sperling index, compared to the national average of 100. This is largely due to the cost of housing. While groceries are pricey, seniors can save money on utilities, transport and healthcare which are all less expensive than the U.S. average.
- Punta Gorda has 267 sunny days each year, 62 more than the national average. In July the average high is 91 degrees and in January the low is around 52. The warm year-round climate allow seniors to spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Punta Gorda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Punta Gorda start around $2,590 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Punta Gorda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Punta Gorda
Seniors in Punta Gorda who receive income from Social Security may be eligible for the Optional State Supplement. Financial assistance is also available to seniors in assisted living through the Assistive Care Services waiver or the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Punta Gorda, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.