Grand Villa of Englewood

Reviews of Grand Villa of Englewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Englewood

May 06, 2021

By dmmcgm

Staff are very helpful and facility is nice and clean Rooms are very nice

April 21, 2021

By canal

Grand Villa of Englewood is awesome. The staff is so sincere in caring for the residents And for us, their family. They go out of their way. Mom has never been a craft or game person but she has been encouraged to join in and she liked it. The rooms are nice. My mom has Alzheimers so she says it's a beautiful hotel room. My sister & I know mom is in the right place. We love everyone there. We don't worry about our mom.

March 22, 2021

By Ann

I saw the Grand Villa in Englewood. The main areas were fine. Even the rooms were fine, but they looked like two strips of old hotel rooms all connected together. Their individual rooms had an overhang, so if it's raining or if it's flooded, my mother-in-law wouldn't be able to get out. There's grass in between the one side of the room and then on the other side, there was a walkway, and she would have to go out of her room up the walkway all the way around to the other side to get into the main area to get to the dining hall and all the main stuff. If it's raining, she would get soaked and that's one of the reasons I wouldn't have chosen them. The staff and the manager were very nice. The facility looked very clean and fresh. My only complaint would've been the location of those rooms. They were not all in one building. They had a main building, then another 2-floor building over to the other side, and then there are like these two strips of what looked like the old style of motel rooms. There's an overhang, and there's all this grass area between you and the other rooms across the way, and you literally have to walk all that way to get into the main area. The staff was very helpful.

Hi Ann, we're extremely proud of our community, which sits on five acres of lush landscaping that our residents enjoy daily. Approximately half of our apartments have entrances on the outside, all of which are accessible under fully covered walkways. Unless we're experiencing extreme weather, our residents in these apartments would not get wet when walking from their residence to the main building for activities. The layout of our campus also encourages our residents to enjoy the moderate exercise they get moving throughout the community. And if we have a resident who has mobility concerns, we'll work with that person to identify the best available apartment location. If you'd like to discuss additional options for your mother-in-law, we'd love to talk with you!

March 21, 2021

By Mary

We toured the assisted living of the Grand Villa of Englewood. We had a lovely experience. The young lady who took us around -- the marketing person, Elle -- she was lovely. She introduced us to the people, we got to see the housekeepers when they were cleaning people's rooms and things, and we got to tour the building where they had their exercise groups and crafting. We got to look at a regular room, which was the size of room that we were looking for. Everything was very nice, and we were very impressed with the whole thing. They're going to have church services, they have a pool there, they have an activity room where they can go, and I think they do crafting and play cards. While we were on the tour they were holding an exercise class, and there were quite a number of people in the exercise class. They were all sitting, like on wheelchairs, or chairs, but it was elderly people doing exercises. They do the laundry for the residents, they have a lovely dining room with a nice, varied menu, and they also have room service if the person doesn't want to go down to the dining room. I thought that was a nice amenity because every once in a while my father-in-law might not want to leave his room and just have a sandwich delivered. We just thought the all-around picture was very nice. The staff was wonderful, very accommodating, and everybody was pleasant and happy. When we walked in the door the young lady who greeted us at the desk was actually very bubbly and very nice. All the employees we saw were in good spirits, said hello to us, and welcomed us. We're quite impressed with this place.

February 12, 2021

By Tracey F

Our experience with Lori, Hattie and all the staff at Grand Villa of Englewood has been great. I can’t say enough about all they have done! They have been a God send. The staff continues every day to work with and for the residents. They all are very dedicated to the residents and truly look out for them. They are constantly coming up with activities and outings for all to enjoy. Especially during the pandemic – wow, they have gone out of their way to keep our loved ones safe and also provide a balance of activities during a very difficult time period. They have been so creative in keeping communication open and available during the pandemic. Thank you Grand Villa for all you are doing! Keep up the great work!

Tracey, we consider it an honor to care for our residents and we love to see them active and engaged and taking advantage of all we have to offer, and your Uncle does just that! He does as much for us as we do for him, maybe more! Thank you for trusting his care to us...

January 03, 2021

By Dennis

Our experience with Grand Villa of Englewood is not so good. My wife has an awfully small room there, but it's clean and decent. The facility is pretty nice. They've got a dining room, people come in to do haircuts and beauty stuff for women, they've got quite a bit of stuff. Their location is fairly close to main roads there, it's a quiet location, so I guess it's pretty good.

January 31, 2020

By ReviewerAT0129

I went to Grand Villa of Englewood, and that was very nice. I would give it a 5, the staff was great, and it's probably the best of the places I went to. The rooms were very nice and clean. The dining area was average. The atmosphere was nice and comfortable.

January 18, 2020

By Beth

Grand Villa of Englewood looked alright, but the walkways were open to the outside. They were covered, but if you had to walk from your room to the dining room, you'd be outside, and I would be afraid of rainstorms or when it's chilly outside. The room looked fine, but it's small. The staff during the tour was good and attentive. The dining area was nice, but a little dark. The food was good. They had a main room and a craft room.

May 29, 2019

By kathy

Clean, well laid out with areas divided by need. Apts for those with limited need independent/some assistance. Separate facilities for memory care and significant assistance. Dining was all enclusive with a large variety of foods and snacks. Prices competitive. Most important the personal I spent time with are genuine. caring and kind

December 16, 2018

By Loretta Molina

Kudos to the nursing staff and resident care aides! What a fantastic caring group.! The resident care director works closely with her team to provide exceptional care. As I visited a friend at the facility During meal time as I usually do, The nursing director was talking to residents and serving the meal with a smile. Where else would you see management staff assisting with meals, bedtime rituals . Not too many places. Grand Villa has gone through a lot of changes but I have seen nothing but caring individuals who work as a team to care for each and every resident. Linda

December 15, 2018

By NC1998

The room my grandmother was in has mold in it, and its had mold for about a year and her room is not the only one, and they kept stating that the problem has been taken care of, it most certainly has not, we are extremely disappointed we have had to come to this to get justice for the problems that hav happened, the staff is not at all great, feels like I meet a new executive director every 6 months, in-fact I have, I think were on executive direct number 5 with in 2 YEARS.

We're so sorry you had this experience. Our goal is to provide seniors with a caring, safe residence that truly looks like home and feels like family!

July 31, 2018

By Her1234

I really liked Grand Villa of Englewood. I liked that it is like a compound. The staff is extremely enthusiastic. They don't have enough key staff members, but the recreational director has a goal. She made that place. There was just a life to her and she made it fun. Whatever she did, there was a life and a fire inside her and she made a difference. It seemed there were less staff members, but they were incredibly welcoming and warm. They were genuine. I would love to see my parents go there. The price was awesome. It was less expensive and the rooms felt like going into an old hotel. They have a pool where they do water aerobics, a gazebo area, a small courtyard area, and a small theater where they can watch movies.

February 13, 2018

By Bob

This is not a typical assisted living facility. Most everything (except memory care) is on the ground floor. All the living units open to the outside, onto nicely landscaped courtyards, The residents can walk under cover from place to place, The environment is open, secure, friendly and inviting. It struck me that the residents and the staff were genuinely happy to be there, The rooms were reasonably spacious and the common areas were very nicely done, comfortable and a nice extension of the residents ‘ own rooms. This facility is well designed, staffed by caring professionals where the residents were happy to be living there.

October 16, 2017

By Neil

I stayed in Grand Villa in Englewood. It's an older, gated building with a nice courtyard that you can walk around in. The memory care unit was highly secure. The staff was very good. The staff and the caregivers were excellent. The dining area was very nice, but you can't order what you want. They make what they want, and that's it. They had Wii bowling, card games, exercises every day, bingo in the evening, movies, and trips. I was paying less but I had a small studio. The price was comparable to other places but the care was lacking at some things. They didn't have enough help.

May 15, 2017

By sap

Went on tour and loved the entire community. The independent apartments with outside entrances give a real sense of having your own apartments. The assisted living and Alzheimer's building are very well kept and secure. The staff was caring and engaged with the seniors and families. I met the new resident nurse in charge and was so impressed. When mom is ready this will be my top choice.

April 12, 2017

By Sharlene516328

I visited Grand Villa of Englewood. It was very pretty, and everybody was very friendly. I had lunch there and sat with some of the residents. However, I did not care for the independent living. The rooms were fine, but it was like a motel. The doors were on the outside, so if you wanted to go eat, you had to go outside, walk around the building, and go in another door. If you're in assisted living, then the doors were all on the inside. The lady who showed me around was having an extremely busy day. She had four people coming to take this tour, but even being that busy, she was still very nice and very accommodating. The staff members in the dining room were lovely, too. They had a birthday party there for a lady who was 100, and it was a very lovely experience. They seemed to be enjoying the lady's birthday as much as she did.

March 27, 2017

By Tracy763528

I liked the layout of Grand Villa of Englewood. I liked the grounds and the green space that they had that the other two I visited didn’t. There was a pool, and each section of the facility had its own little courtyard and green space; that made the decision for me. The thing that stood out to me most was the entrance, all the plants, the green spaces, the pool, and the courtyard areas. They just seemed to have, especially for people who like the outdoors, a lot of more space like that than the other two places I toured.

March 07, 2017

By Jana232871

My mother-in-law moved into Grand Villa about a month ago. I like that the doors open to the outside so that is like they have their own apartment. It does not feel like a hospital or a nursing home. They open up to beautiful grounds, but at the same time, the design of the building is square and secured, so she cannot wander away by accident or get lost. They renovate each room when each tenant moves out. Her room is has pretty much brand new floor, new walls, new bathroom, and new kitchen. It is big. It is much bigger than the other place that we looked. The cost is much lower. However, they do not give out paper communications to each of the individuals as to what is going on. It is posted on the board, and my mother-in-law does not always remember to look at the board for the activities; if she had a copy in her room, then that will be good. They serve three meals a day, and the food is good. That staff knows everybody's name. They interact and talk with them. They stop and interact and talk with us. It will make you feel more comfortable because you know the staff cares enough to know everybody's name.

February 07, 2017

By Cathy800500

We love Grand Villa. It is very comfortable and very much like my mom is living in her own apartment. The people are very friendly and accommodating. The price was less expensive than where she was before, so there was not much about it that we didn’t like. So far, we are very happy with it. She has a studio, but you can separate the bedroom area from the general living area.

January 19, 2017

By Matthew156062

Grand Villa was renovated, so everything is brand new. They're taking care of Mother, providing her meals, and helping with her medicine. The few staff members I met were very friendly. The director was very nice and there after hours just to make sure everything was right. They had live music two nights a week, bingo, game night, movie night, and a swimming pool. She's very happy.

September 13, 2016

By M.M

Grand Villa was an older facility and not as polished. The staff was wonderful. They were very gracious, patient, polite, and no complaints or anything. It just seemed like an older facility, and it wasn’t for me but for a friend. We had lunch, and it was very good. Like I said, it was an older facility and maybe not as gleaming as a newer place would be. I think it was adequate ,and my main complaint would be that compared to some of the other facilities we looked at it was older and just didn’t seem to have the gleam and shine of the newer places.

June 28, 2016

By Rose363328

We found Grand Villa of Englewood for my mother-in-law, and we were very pleased. It looked nicer as opposed to others. The people were nicer, and it was close to us. They had a lot of activities, like bingo, bus rides, exercise class, and music. The dining area and the food were very good. I would recommend it to my friends.

June 10, 2016

By Sue311403

Grand Villa of Englewood was very nice and accommodating. We had all of our questioned answered. It had a main dining hall where everyone had to go to eat, and we didn't think our friend could adjust to that well. The room he would have been in was like a hotel or motel room that was facing out to the side walk and not in the interior hallway. He would have been OK with that, but we would not be OK because he would have gone out in the rain to walk to the dining room. There was a covered walkway, but still, you would get wet when it rained. There was a nice a pool. The place was a little further from our house, but the nurse’s station and all of the medical staff were right there.

October 27, 2015

By Sue W1

We really liked it. It seemed very nice, and I liked that it was more open-plan. There seemed to be more stuff to do for high-functioning people, and I liked that there is a progression that if you get sicker, they can go into more help. They have a movie theater there. Once they decline, they won't have to move; they just move in to a different area. Everybody was really friendly, and the grounds were very nice. We saw the dining room, and we liked the layout. It felt more like going to a restaurant, and my dad liked that.

Independent Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Englewood

December 02, 2020

By Fred Terp

I have lived here for almost 3 years and have no complaints. The staff is friendly and fun to be with. After living in hotel rooms as a senior engineer I find the rooms and facilities a joy and the food is good.

October 29, 2020

By ReviewerFC102020A

Grand Villa of Englewood was nice. We put a deposit down there. The price was right, and the location is only six miles from my house. It's close to a lot of things in the town of Englewood. The facilities were clean. We only interacted with one person, but she was very good. The room needed to be redone because the old tenant just moved out, but it seemed adequate for what my parents need.

November 29, 2019

By Larry

Grand Villa of Englewood was a little bit old but it was very clean, very nice, very well kept and well decorated. The staff members were extremely knowledgeable. They had done everything they could to give us all the information we need. They had activities. We didn't see anybody taking part in them but they had the rooms. We ate there and the food was very good.

April 12, 2019

By Kari

The people in Grand Villa of Englewood were very friendly, kind and they work hard. The rooms were nice, they also have a nice swimming pool. The reason we chose the place is because the staff is excellent and very kind. My mom loves the food, they have good choices and it was tasty. They have a nice schedule of activities and they also have an amphitheater. The facilities they have are quite nice as well.

October 09, 2018

By Lynn

Grand Villa of Englewood has independent living and also Alzheimer's, which are two separate units. It's a gated community. It has a pool and they're right next to Englewood Hospital and they take a lot of patients from Englewood for rehab. They showed me a one-bedroom and a studio, which was set up like a motel. There were no balconies or patios. There's a sidewalk and an inner courtyard and they're dog friendly. They have a pool and they're within driving distance. It's in a country setting. They're next to a waterpark and across the street from the post office, so they're centrally located. It's clean, and the staff, patients, and housekeeping staff were friendly. There's a mix of older and younger staff members. They recently renovated. The only objection is the parking lot needs work. It's first come, first serve parking. They took care of 15 Alzheimer's patients in another facility during the hurricane when their electricity went out. They seem to have good management skills. The independent living is on a single floor and it's enclosed with a garden inside a square. The garden was nice and well groomed.

September 24, 2018

By Mike

Grand Villa of Englewood was very nice. The staff was very helpful, showed us all around, and gave us all the information we needed. The dining area was clean, and the food menu was very good. They had a library, a TV room, video games, bingo, card games, and people who come in and entertain a couple days a week.

June 25, 2018

By ASCNME25

My sister is having trouble with Grand Villa at Englewood right now, but it has been good, and I like it. The place is very nice. I think the doctors and nurses there are not doing things right. I think they need to be checked out. My sister's apartment is very nice. They clean her room and they take care of her laundry.

November 20, 2017

By Kathy

I love Grand Villa of Englewood. It's very well-kept and the grounds look like gardens. My dad picked the place because when you walk out your apartment door, you're not walking into the building, but outside. The grounds have flowerbeds, the pool is kept up nice, and it's just a nice atmosphere. It's all gated so nobody can come in and the only way you can get leave is through the front door after signing out. The food is very good and they have a lot to do there. The pricing is good too. It was one of the least expensive places that I looked at.

July 29, 2016

By Francine241343

I really liked the layout of Grand Villa with everything on one floor. What I didn’t like was you didn’t have a choice for dinner. They had a swimming pool, a kitchen if you wanted to cook for the family, and a separate dining room, so that was nice. The front room had a library.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Englewood

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: ECC

About Grand Villa of Englewood

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of Englewood, our lovely assisted living community in quaint Englewood, Florida, located minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. Grand Villa is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities, designed to help our residents enjoy life to the fullest!

The lifestyle options available at Grand Villa of Englewood include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you require and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

Independent Living – We take care of the cooking, housekeeping and cleaning, while our residents plan their active days from fitness programs to local excursions to parties right here at Grand Villa. Assisted Living – We provide assistance with the daily activities of life, including bathing and dressing, while residents enjoy activities and events with friends. Memory Care – Our private Memory Care Neighborhood, offers a homelike environment that allows freedom of movement in an exit controlled setting. Residents are free to explore, touch and choose their own activities allowing them to live life with a purpose!&reg Respite Care – Short stays are available for a few days, a week or longer. Participants enjoy all the services, amenities and socialization benefits, while a family caregiver takes a needed break. Senior Day Program – A great day for seniors! Participants enjoy fun activities and events, hot meals, snacks and assistance during the day, and then return home in the evening.

Every day is filled with fun at Grand Villa. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans activities, parties, classes, lectures and excursions that are entertaining and engaging. Daily options include a variety of exercise classes and activities that promote flexibility and encourage independence. Swim and exercise all year long in our heated out door pool. Whatever you choose to do, Grand Villa's friendly environment encourages residents to relax and enjoy life. Our comfortable apartments range from studios and deluxe studios to one bedrooms. All apartments are individually climate controlled with private bathrooms, equipped with safety features and are available as private or companion accommodations. Our lovely 6.5 acre property has an old Florida feel. Minutes from beautiful Englewood Beach and shopping, it's location is ideal.

Map of Grand Villa of Englewood