Grand Villa of Englewood

Reviews of Grand Villa of Englewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Englewood

March 27, 2017

By Tracy763528

I liked the layout of Grand Villa of Englewood. I liked the grounds and the green space that they had that the other two I visited didn’t. There was a pool, and each section of the facility had its own little courtyard and green space; that made the decision for me. The thing that stood out to me most was the entrance, all the plants, the green spaces, the pool, and the courtyard areas. They just seemed to have, especially for people who like the outdoors, a lot of more space like that than the other two places I toured.

March 07, 2017

By Jana232871

My mother-in-law moved into Grand Villa about a month ago. I like that the doors open to the outside so that is like they have their own apartment. It does not feel like a hospital or a nursing home. They open up to beautiful grounds, but at the same time, the design of the building is square and secured, so she cannot wander away by accident or get lost. They renovate each room when each tenant moves out. Her room is has pretty much brand new floor, new walls, new bathroom, and new kitchen. It is big. It is much bigger than the other place that we looked. The cost is much lower. However, they do not give out paper communications to each of the individuals as to what is going on. It is posted on the board, and my mother-in-law does not always remember to look at the board for the activities; if she had a copy in her room, then that will be good. They serve three meals a day, and the food is good. That staff knows everybody's name. They interact and talk with them. They stop and interact and talk with us. It will make you feel more comfortable because you know the staff cares enough to know everybody's name.

February 07, 2017

By Cathy800500

We love Grand Villa. It is very comfortable and very much like my mom is living in her own apartment. The people are very friendly and accommodating. The price was less expensive than where she was before, so there was not much about it that we didn’t like. So far, we are very happy with it. She has a studio, but you can separate the bedroom area from the general living area.

January 19, 2017

By Matthew156062

Grand Villa was renovated, so everything is brand new. They're taking care of Mother, providing her meals, and helping with her medicine. The few staff members I met were very friendly. The director was very nice and there after hours just to make sure everything was right. They had live music two nights a week, bingo, game night, movie night, and a swimming pool. She's very happy.

September 13, 2016

By M.M

Grand Villa was an older facility and not as polished. The staff was wonderful. They were very gracious, patient, polite, and no complaints or anything. It just seemed like an older facility, and it wasn’t for me but for a friend. We had lunch, and it was very good. Like I said, it was an older facility and maybe not as gleaming as a newer place would be. I think it was adequate ,and my main complaint would be that compared to some of the other facilities we looked at it was older and just didn’t seem to have the gleam and shine of the newer places.

June 28, 2016

By Rose363328

We found Grand Villa of Englewood for my mother-in-law, and we were very pleased. It looked nicer as opposed to others. The people were nicer, and it was close to us. They had a lot of activities, like bingo, bus rides, exercise class, and music. The dining area and the food were very good. I would recommend it to my friends.

June 10, 2016

By Sue311403

Grand Villa of Englewood was very nice and accommodating. We had all of our questioned answered. It had a main dining hall where everyone had to go to eat, and we didn't think our friend could adjust to that well. The room he would have been in was like a hotel or motel room that was facing out to the side walk and not in the interior hallway. He would have been OK with that, but we would not be OK because he would have gone out in the rain to walk to the dining room. There was a covered walkway, but still, you would get wet when it rained. There was a nice a pool. The place was a little further from our house, but the nurse’s station and all of the medical staff were right there.

October 27, 2015

By Sue W1

We really liked Brookdale Englewood. It seemed very nice, and I liked that it was more open-plan. There seemed to be more stuff to do for high-functioning people, and I liked that there is a progression that if you get sicker, they can go into more help. They have a movie theater there. Once they decline, they won't have to move; they just move in to a different area. Everybody was really friendly, and the grounds were very nice. We saw the dining room, and we liked the layout. It felt more like going to a restaurant, and my dad liked that.

July 20, 2015

Brookdale Englewood is clean, well-managed, and friendly, and the difference from the other places that I looked is that it has lots of choices. The room that I have for my dad is a studio apartment. It is clean and well-maintained. The dining room set-up was very nice, and the food was adequate. They had movies and cards. They take them out to shopping. They have some outdoor activities that they do. However, maybe they should look at the food that they are providing, and maybe ask for feedback from their clientele on what they like to eat, rather than what they want to feed them.

January 17, 2014

Emeritus at River Oaks is an old and huge facility. It is outdated and they need to upgrade. It just didn't compare to the other facility though the prices weren't that much of a difference. My mother uses a walker, and with this facility being big, she would be overwhelmed by the distance that she has to walk there. She is going to have a good deal of walking at Emeritus. I didn't feel that this facility was appropriate for her. Also when you walk in the front door, there is no code or anything and you can just open up the door yourself. There is just no security thing and a lot of the residents would go in and out. When I first came in, this older gentleman was coming out with his walker, and this is exactly what he said, "I just pissed 5 minutes ago and I have to go again." I didn't like that experience.

Independent Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Englewood

• Pool

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: ECC

About Grand Villa of Englewood

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of Englewood, our lovely assisted living community in quaint Englewood, Florida, located minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. Grand Villa is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities, designed to help our residents enjoy life to the fullest!

The lifestyle options available at Grand Villa of Englewood include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you require and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

Independent Living – We take care of the cooking, housekeeping and cleaning, while our residents plan their active days from fitness programs to local excursions to parties right here at Grand Villa. Assisted Living – We provide assistance with the daily activities of life, including bathing and dressing, while residents enjoy activities and events with friends. Memory Care – Our private Memory Care Neighborhood, offers a homelike environment that allows freedom of movement in an exit controlled setting. Residents are free to explore, touch and choose their own activities allowing them to live life with a purpose!&reg Respite Care – Short stays are available for a few days, a week or longer. Participants enjoy all the services, amenities and socialization benefits, while a family caregiver takes a needed break. Senior Day Program – A great day for seniors! Participants enjoy fun activities and events, hot meals, snacks and assistance during the day, and then return home in the evening.

Every day is filled with fun at Grand Villa. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans activities, parties, classes, lectures and excursions that are entertaining and engaging. Daily options include a variety of exercise classes and activities that promote flexibility and encourage independence. Swim and exercise all year long in our heated out door pool. Whatever you choose to do, Grand Villa's friendly environment encourages residents to relax and enjoy life. Our comfortable apartments range from studios and deluxe studios to one bedrooms. All apartments are individually climate controlled with private bathrooms, equipped with safety features and are available as private or companion accommodations. Our lovely 6.5 acre property has an old Florida feel. Minutes from beautiful Englewood Beach and shopping, it's location is ideal.

Map of Grand Villa of Englewood