9 Assisted Living Facilities near Ruskin, FL
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ruskin area, with 1 in Ruskin and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ruskin is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Riverview with an average starting cost of $2,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ruskin. Better rated regions include Sun City with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ruskin, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Ruskin, FL
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Ruskin, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ruskin
Located in Hillsborough, Florida, Ruskin is a small city located along the scenic banks of the Little Manatee River. The population of Ruskin is just over 17,000 individuals with 9.4 percent over the age of 65. Those seniors who require daily nursing care or assistance with meals and housekeeping can choose between 40 assisted living facilities in the area, including one within the city limits. Administered by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, assisted living facilities in Ruskin and the state of Florida operate under a standard license to provide routine personal care, or under a specialty license to provide limited nursing services and extended congregate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ruskin
- The cost of living in Ruskin is 108.4, which is higher than the national average of 100 and lower than the state average of 111. This may make it more difficult for seniors on a budget to afford certain necessities.
- Crime in Ruskin is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Violent crime is ranked 53.8, which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is 47.9, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1. Seniors should take care when running errands and exploring the city alone.
- Ruskin experiences long and hot summers with highs around 91 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are short and mild with lows around 51 degrees. Seniors who are sensitive to the heat may find summers difficult to handle.
- The Sunshine Line in Ruskin provides door-to-door transportation for seniors to and from grocery trips, health and wellness appointments and for personal errands. Eligibility for the program is based on income, age, disability and availability. Fees are determined on a sliding scale based on income.
- The Ruskin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the South Bay Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ruskin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Florida Department of Elderly Affairs, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ruskin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Ruskin start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ruskin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ruskin
Low-income seniors may apply for help to pay for an assisted living facility in Ruskin through the statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. The state also has an additional program that covers services in assisted living facilities under a Medicaid State Plan called the Assistive Care Services Waiver. Eligibility is determined by the Department of Children and Family Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ruskin
Ruskin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ruskin, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ruskin
Ruskin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.