34 Assisted Living Facilities near Valrico, FL
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Valrico area, with 3 in Valrico and 31 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 121 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Valrico. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Valrico 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Valrico, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Valrico, FL
31 Assisted Living Facilities near Valrico, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Valrico
Valrico's unique name comes from the Spanish words for "valley of gold" and Valrico is the only community in the country with the name. There are around 35,500 people living in the city and people aged 65 and over make up almost 15 percent of the population.
Valrico and the surrounding area have 36 assisted living facilities offering care to the community's seniors. They may have a Standard or Specialty license and are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Valrico
- Seniors who are concerned for their safety may feel secure in Valrico due to the crime rate, which is lower than 91 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. The violent crime rate is 0.94 crimes per 1,000 residents, more than three points lower than the Florida rate of 4.08. Florida's property crime rate of 25.12 is almost three times higher than the Valrico rate of 8.49.
- Winters are mild in Valrico, which may be appreciated by seniors moving from the northern states. The average low temperature in January is 49 degrees and there's no snow during the winter months. Summers can be humid and the average high in July is 91 degrees.
- The Valrico area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Brandon Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hillsborough County, including Valrico, has mixed air quality. The county received an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report, but a failing grade for ozone pollution. Seniors with respiratory problems may wish to investigate how this will impact their condition.
- There is no state income tax in Florida, so all retirement income is tax-free, including retirement funds, Social Security and pensions. Sales taxes are also close to the national average allowing seniors to put more money towards their assisted living in Valrico.
- The Sperling index rates Valrico's overall cost of living at 117, 17 points higher than the national average. Some everyday expenses, including groceries and transportation, are higher than the U.S. average, however seniors with regular health expenses can save money as healthcare costs are rated four points lower than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Valrico
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Valrico start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Valrico and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Valrico
Seniors in assisted living may be eligible for financial assistance through the Assistive Care Services waiver or the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program. Seniors in Valrico receiving Social Security benefits may be able to access funding through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Valrico
Valrico and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Valrico, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Valrico
Valrico-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Valrico
Review of Touch Of Class Assisted Living Llc
Touch Of Class is great and the staff is excellent. The rooms are excellent and there's plenty of room. You'll be making a mistake if you don't go here. Touch of Class does a great job and it's all... Read more
Review of Touch Of Class Assisted Living Llc
Touch Of Class Assisted Living is excellent. It's a very small community. There are only six residents, so they really meet the needs of the individual person and people are well cared for. Their f... Read more