45 Assisted Living Facilities near Thonotosassa, FL
Also serving communities of Temple Terrace.
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Thonotosassa area, with 2 in Thonotosassa and 43 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Thonotosassa is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thonotosassa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thonotosassa 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brandon with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thonotosassa, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Thonotosassa, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa, Florida, is located approximately 15 miles northeast of Tampa. Nestled in the Lower Hillsborough Wilderness Preserve, Thonotosassa offers outdoor-loving seniors easy access to boating, hiking and wildlife. With a senior population of nearly one-fifth, Thonotosassa has 58 assisted living facilities in close proximity to choose from. ALFs in Florida are divided into four separate categories and are licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. ALFs are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as establishments that offer non-medical services in a homelike environment for adults who can no longer live independently.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
- Seniors benefit from tax cuts when living in Florida. In Thonotosassa as well as the rest of the state, Social Security income and pension income is exempt from taxation.
- Thonotosassa has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Thonotosassa Park and Recreation Center, an organization that offers socialization through communal meals and various activities including the Senior Travelers group (a group of active older adults that takes trips with provided transportation).
- The violent crime rate in Thonotosassa is 18.5 percent higher than the national average, and the property crime rate in the area is 8.6 higher than the country's mean rate.
- The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) mass transit system serves the Thonotosassa area. Seniors who live in the Thonotosassa region qualify for discounted fares when using public transportation.
- Air quality across the country is measured based on the number of hazardous air pollutants in the atmosphere and quantified on a scale of one to 100 (with a perfect score being 100). Thonotosassa's air quality score (53) is worse than the national average by 5 percent.
- Temperatures in Thonotosassa range from 60 to 80 degrees all year long, with around 13 more inches of rain annually than the national average. Seniors who dislike the snow or cold winters will find Thonotosassa offers a predictable climate without any snow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Thonotosassa start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thonotosassa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program and 1915(b)(c) MLTC program provide financial assistance for assisted living costs in Thonotosassa.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thonotosassa, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Review of Stone Ledge Manor
My friend is currently living in Stone Ledge Manor and has been there for almost two years now. She has her own apartment (they all have their own apartments), they have great meals, and they have ... Read more
Review of Stone Ledge Manor
Stone Ledge Manor has a bus to take clients to appointments. It's not as fancy as where my sister is moving from, but it still had the amenities that she's accustomed to. She'll have a living room,... Read more
Review of Stone Ledge Manor
My mom as been there almost a year ,we have a some problems , we had her moved because her room mate required a lot of help to go to rest room , visited one time and found her in her closet urinati... Read more