23 Assisted Living Facilities near Plant City, FL
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plant City area, with 13 in Plant City and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Plant City is $2,421 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plant City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plant City 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dover with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plant City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Plant City, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plant City
Plant City is known as the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World and seniors may wish to join the community in celebrating the berry at the annual Florida Strawberry Festival. Seniors wishing to retire to this sweet spot will join a community of around 38,000 people, 13 percent of whom are aged 65 and older. The city and surrounding area is home to 21 assisted living facilities for seniors, all licensed and monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration. These facilities may have a Standard or Specialty license based on the type of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plant City
- The Plant City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including South Florida Baptist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hillsborough County, including Plant City, has mixed air quality. The county received passing grades for two categories in the State of the Air 2018 report, but a failing grade for ozone pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this will impact their health.
- The Sunshine Line offers door-to-door transportation services to people in Hillsborough County who don't have access to their own transportation, including the elderly. Eligibility is based on a number of factors and fees are on a sliding scale based on income.
- Plant City's cost of living is rated 99 on the Sperling index, just one point lower than the national average. Some day-to-day expenses are higher than the U.S. average, including groceries and transportation. Others are lower, including healthcare which is rated 96, four points lower than the national average. This may lead to savings for seniors with regular healthcare costs.
- There is no state income tax in Florida, meaning seniors will have a smaller tax bill no matter the source of their retirement income. In addition, the state's sales taxes are close to the national average, allowing seniors to put more money towards their assisted living budget in Plant City.
- Plant City has a high overall crime rate of 28 crimes per 1,000 residents. This is higher than 79 percent of Florida's other communities. Violent crime and property crime rates are both higher than the state average which may be a concern for safety-conscious seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plant City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Plant City start around $2,421 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plant City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plant City
Plant City seniors in assisted living may be able to access financial assistance through Florida's Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. Seniors receiving Social Security benefits may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plant City
Plant City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plant City, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plant City
Plant City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Plant City, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plant City
Review of Durant Home LLC
This facility is very clean. The residents receive all necessary medical treatment and provide clear commutations. All residents are treated with dignity and respect. My ward has lived there for ... Read more
Review of Heritage View ALF Inc
My mom moved into the memory care unit at Heritage ALF of Plant City Inc. and so far, I like it. It's seems like a nice place. The staff is very nice, helpful, and friendly. They try to get them to... Read more
Review of Heritage Oaks ALF Inc.
I placed my mom here as she had vascular dementia and was combative with me. I always took her to see her primary Dr for changes in meds, etc. The facility has Dr's that visit there. The psyche ... Read more