American House Zephyrhills

Reviews of American House Zephyrhills

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Zephyrhills

April 19, 2019

By Altha

I really like American House where both my parents are staying. It's very clean, and I didn't notice any smell when I was there. It is very nicely decorated. When I first walked in the door, I was greeted by three different people who were very friendly, inviting, and totally engaged in conversation. They answered my questions and showed me the whole building. The staff is very accommodating. The food was good. The only thing is that they tend to be short-staffed. The girls have really gone above and beyond with my parents for the most part. They have bingo, cards, Happy Hour, and entertainers who come in to sing. They also take them on outings. I think they have sufficient activities. For the amount of care my dad receives, it's reasonable. It may be a little bit on the higher side, but it's not outrageous.

May 25, 2018

By Ruth

American House Zephyrhills was nice and had a lot of activity going on, but I wouldn't want to be there. It was clean, but it's different from what I would want. The layout of the place was a little confusing to me. Some guy was playing music when we were there, and people were sitting around listening to him. They served a meal that I wasn't happy with because it was all fried food. To me, it's not what elderly people would need. The person who toured us was very nice.

August 21, 2017

By Winn

My parents stayed at American House Zephyrhills for about a month. The appearance was fine, but it felt like being in the hospital with a lot of people being pushed around in wheelchairs and walkers. They didn't like the food very much. It was at best cafeteria-style. They didn't like the rigid hours where you had to eat on a certain schedule. They were OK with the staff. There weren't a whole lot of activities other than some downstairs in the recreation room, like bingo night once in a while, but for the most part they said it was fairly boring. They sat in their room and watched TV and went down to eat because everything was on a tight schedule. They didn't really like that. The only deficiency I saw in the staff was all related to the food and the dining facility. The day I ate there, the girls came to the table and couldn't even tell us what was on the menu. They had no idea what food was being served for that day. Overall, the facility was really nice. They should improve on the food and have more activities to keep people a little bit more engaged and busy.

February 12, 2017

By Sue876234

When you walk into American house, it's beautiful and clean, and it smells wonderful. The staff greeted us immediately. We had a meal, and it was excellent. The rooms are very nice and small, but it is really perfect for an Alzheimer's patient; a bigger room scares them. The staff was excellent, they explained everything, and there were lots of stuff going on. They were doing crafts when I was there -- they were making jewelry -- and it was nice. It's probably the best.

July 29, 2016

By TheresaOPJPG

American House Zephyrhills was very nice, very clean, and had nice amenities. It seemed like they had a lot for their residents to do. The rooms were nice, spacious, and had nice views.

December 29, 2015

By Debra J.2

American House was gorgeous. It was nice, and my mother decided that if she was ever ready, that's probably where she would go. It was wonderful and beautiful. We had lunch, which was wonderful. We visited the apartments. They were very nice. It seemed like a very well taken care of establishment. Everybody there seemed very happy and at her level, mentally. It was more for people that had a lot of physical issues rather than mental, and that's what we liked about it. The staff was wonderful. It was very pricey, but as far as the care that they told us people receive there, it seemed perfect.

May 05, 2015

By husband1

My wife has been in the memory care unit for the past 3 months. I visit her daily. I am always impressed that everyone from the receptionist to the executive director is fully aware of what is going on, and clearly dedicated to their roles. It is a happy place. The staff in the memory care unit is very vigilant in supervising the residents in all ways including hygiene, activities, medicine & support. She receives extremely helpful physical therapy on premises. I would identify many people by name but I am sure that I would leave some off. The bottom lie is that this is a friendly place with wonderful amenities and a caring staff. They make it feel like home.

January 13, 2015

By Resident Relative

The facility looks very nice. However, we found that the activities and services provided were only minimal. It appears that most residents here are just waiting to die. The biggest problem with this facility is the nursing / wellness administrator and staff. They do not return phone calls in a reasonable amount of time, are unable to keep track of Dr. appointments and communicate effectively with residents, and provide accurate information about the residents. We had to find a better facility with competent nursing staff.

Dear reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to review our community, The Commons on Pretty Pond, on the caring.com website. We completely understand and want to apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you and your loved one experienced during your recent interaction with our community. Please know that we strive to provide quality care for our residents and quality customer service for family members and guests. We take all complaints very seriously and want to assure you that the matter is under review. We appreciate your expressed opinions and would like to invite you to contact us to discuss your concerns in person. We take great pride in our vibrant community, energetic residents and outstanding life enrichment program. I would like to invite you to visit our website at www.thecommonsonprettypond.com and click on the “What’s Happening” tab to locate our calendar. I think you will be pleased to discover the vast schedule of activities we offer all residents.

November 05, 2014

The Commons on Pretty Pond is very expensive. It’s a huge campus. It’s a beautiful place, and they offered different kinds of programs, if you want meals, if you don’t want meals, if you want assisted living or not assisted living. The rooms were nice, but if you have the money that’s great. Everybody was accommodating and nice. They have a bus that takes you shopping, groceries; all the things that other assisted living places have.

January 31, 2014

By Phyllis25

The Commons on Pretty Pond was really nice. It was a lovely and newer facility. It was also more expensive than the other facility. The dining room was nice but typical. The staff was very pleasant. For accommodations, I only saw one room and it was nice. They also had like studio apartments. For activities, they would provide shopping trips and movies, but in terms of location, they aren't really many big attractions close by.

October 09, 2013

We toured Bentley Commons twice and the place was extremely nice and it was much better that the others that we saw. It felt homey. We had lunch there and it was like an elegant dining experience. They had one-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio type units, which all had a small private kitchen with an oven and refrigerator. They served lunch and dinner and soon they would be serving food twenty four hours a day. However, it was private paid and she would be able to afford it without any assistance. However, I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone who could afford it.

Memory Care Reviews for American House Zephyrhills

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About American House Zephyrhills

American House Zephyrhills offers well-appointed studio, one-bedroom and two bedroom apartments, offering independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care through our proprietary Love is Ageless program. As you age, we are able to provide the level of care you may need in the future. Our commitment is to foster independence, nurture your well-being and enhance your quality of life.

Our affordable monthly rates, with no buy-in, include numerous amenities and services; chef prepared meals including All-Day Dining served in an elegant dining room and an exciting and engaging Life Enrichment Program. In addition, staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Map of American House Zephyrhills