7 Assisted Living Facilities in Zephyrhills, FL
The average cost of assisted living in Zephyrhills is $2,790 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Zephyrhills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Zephyrhills 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wesley Chapel with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Zephyrhills, call (855) 863-8283.
Assisted Living near Zephyrhills, FL
Other Options in Zephyrhills, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Review of American House Zephyrhills
American House Zephyrhills was nice and had a lot of activity going on, but I wouldn't want to be there. It was clean, but it's different from what I would want. The layout of the place was a littl... Read more
Review of Somerset Community
Somerset Community was very nice, has a homey atmosphere, and was very clean. The staff was wonderful and very helpful, and I think it would fit my mother. It's a single house and they have enough ... Read more
Review of Somerset Community
Somerset Community was not big enough, but it's OK. There was an odor when we walked in. The staff was nice. The place was clean and just like a regular house with a nice sitting room and everythin... Read more
Assisted Living near Pasco County, FL
More Options Near Zephyrhills, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Located in west-central Florida, about 30 miles northeast of Tampa is the suburban city of Zephyrhills, known for its pristine spring water. Zephyrhills is also home to seven assisted living facilities for seniors in need of some help with activities of daily living, such as taking medications, getting dressed and personal hygiene. Some licensed facilities offer services that go beyond basic assistance for elders who may need more supervision or limited nursing care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
- With frequent summertime thunderstorms, Zephyrhills's annual rainfall exceeds the national average by about a third. Summers are humid with average highs frequently passing 90 degrees. The winter months are mild and short with lows in the upper 40s and 50s, although daytime temps often reach the 60s and 70s.
- Sales tax in Zephyrhills is 7 percent on most purchases, but the state doesn't tax income, including social security benefits and pensions.
- The cost of living in Zephyrhills is over 16 percent lower than the national average. For those on a budget, the lack of income tax and lower cost of living may help seniors save money.
- With 3.42 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year, Zephyrhills' crime rate is lower than the state and national averages. Most of the crime occurs in the city's center and southeast area.
- Pasco County, home to Zephyrhills, received a B from the American Lung Association due to its fairly low number of high-ozone days, which is good news for seniors with respiratory illnesses. Too much ozone in the air can exacerbate respiratory conditions.
- The Zephyrhills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tampa General Hospital and the James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Zephyrhills start around $2,790 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Zephyrhills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Florida offers optional state supplementation (OSS) to seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits that can help with the cost of the assisted living. The state also has Medicaid Long-Term Care (MLTC) and Assistive Care Services programs that cover the cost of services at assisted living facilities for eligible participants.
The state doesn't cap room-and-board fees for program members, but MLTC does negotiate prices on behalf of participants. The state also allows certain methods of family supplementation that don't affect a senior's Medicaid eligibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Zephyrhills
Zephyrhills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Zephyrhills, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Zephyrhills
Zephyrhills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.