7 Assisted Living Facilities in Zephyrhills, FL
The average cost of assisted living in Zephyrhills is $2,886 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Zephyrhills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Zephyrhills 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wesley Chapel with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Zephyrhills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Zephyrhills, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Located in west-central Florida, about 30 miles northeast of Tampa is the suburban city of Zephyrhills, known for its pristine spring water. Zephyrhills is also home to seven assisted living facilities for seniors in need of some help with activities of daily living, such as taking medications, getting dressed and personal hygiene. Some licensed facilities offer services that go beyond basic assistance for elders who may need more supervision or limited nursing care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
- With frequent summertime thunderstorms, Zephyrhills's annual rainfall exceeds the national average by about a third. Summers are humid with average highs frequently passing 90 degrees. The winter months are mild and short with lows in the upper 40s and 50s, although daytime temps often reach the 60s and 70s.
- Sales tax in Zephyrhills is 7 percent on most purchases, but the state doesn't tax income, including social security benefits and pensions.
- The cost of living in Zephyrhills is over 16 percent lower than the national average. For those on a budget, the lack of income tax and lower cost of living may help seniors save money.
- With 3.42 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year, Zephyrhills' crime rate is lower than the state and national averages. Most of the crime occurs in the city's center and southeast area.
- Pasco County, home to Zephyrhills, received a B from the American Lung Association due to its fairly low number of high-ozone days, which is good news for seniors with respiratory illnesses. Too much ozone in the air can exacerbate respiratory conditions.
- The Zephyrhills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tampa General Hospital and the James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Zephyrhills start around $2,886 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Zephyrhills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Florida offers optional state supplementation (OSS) to seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits that can help with the cost of the assisted living. The state also has Medicaid Long-Term Care (MLTC) and Assistive Care Services programs that cover the cost of services at assisted living facilities for eligible participants.
The state doesn't cap room-and-board fees for program members, but MLTC does negotiate prices on behalf of participants. The state also allows certain methods of family supplementation that don't affect a senior's Medicaid eligibility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Zephyrhills
Zephyrhills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Zephyrhills, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Zephyrhills
Zephyrhills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Zephyrhills, FL
Other Options in Zephyrhills, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Zephyrhills
Review of Rosecastle Of Zephyrhills
Rosecastle does not only have a beautiful building and setting, it has the most amazing staff. Staff went above and beyond for my mother; and, I can never thank them enough. I highly recommend th... Read more
Review of Rosecastle Of Zephyrhills
My mother is currently at Rosecastle Of Zephyrhills. The services they provide is pretty good as far as I can tell. The staff members have all been friendly to me and they're pretty helpful. She fe... Read more
Review of American House Zephyrhills
American House Zephyrhills had a nice layout and a lot of activities, but it was over in the Zephyrhills area, which is a little bit further from me. There also weren't a lot of things to do outsid... Read more