8 Assisted Living Facilities near Dade City, FL
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dade City area, with 1 in Dade City and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 47 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dade City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dade City 2.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Zephyrhills with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dade City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dade City, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dade City
Praised as one of the best places to retire, Dade City has a population of 7,134 with 22 percent of the population over the age of 65. Seniors who need assistance with daily living in Dade City will find one assisted living facility within the city limits and 10 in nearby locations like Zephyrhills and Brooksville.
In Dade City and the state of Florida, assisted living facilities operate under a standard license, which provides routine personal care, or a specialty license, which includes limited nursing assistance and advanced congregate care. Both types of facilities are regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dade City
- The Dade City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Dade City, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Dade City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Community Aging and Retirement Services (CARES), an organization that helps connect seniors with available services in the area, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Florida Department of Elder Affairs provides transportation in the Dade City area for seniors who need a ride to and from medical appointments and for various errands. These services are available for free or discount prices.
- Dade City is an extremely affordable place for seniors to live. Compared to the national average of 100, the cost of living in Dade City is 89.2. This is also much lower than the state’s average of 111.
- Senior who enjoy mild winters may find Dade City the perfect place for year-round outdoor activities. The average January low is around 47, while July highs are around 92. The city gets approximately 54 inches of rain per year, compared to the U.S. average of 39 inches.
- The crime rate in Dade City is 59 percent higher than the state of Florida and 74 percent higher than the national average. This is a concern for seniors who enjoy being outside and traveling in the city alone.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dade City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Dade City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dade City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dade City
Payment assistance is available for eligible seniors who need an assisted living facility in Dade City through the state’s Medicaid Waiver Program. This waiver program covers services in both assisted living facilities and adult family homes, but it doesn’t cover private rooms. For private rooms and apartments, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dade City
Dade City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dade City, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dade City
Dade City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Dade City, FL
Other Options in Dade City, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dade City
Review of The Edwinola
I love this place !! My mom has been there since March of this year, All the folks there have helped me so much with the transition. I took care of my mother for 5 years, a very stressful 5 years.... Read more
Review of The Edwinola
My mother was in the Edwinola when it closed. She has returned and is enjoying it throughly. The staff is helpful and the food is great! Since her return she has not complained once of the food, th... Read more
Review of The Edwinola
My mother currently resides at The Edwinola. Changes have been made since the post I see here. The facility is under new ownership and they have determined to correct all the problems that once w... Read more