51 Assisted Living Facilities near Wesley Chapel, FL
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wesley Chapel area, with 4 in Wesley Chapel and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wesley Chapel is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include Lutz with an average starting cost of $3,237.
To help you with your search, browse the 296 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wesley Chapel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wesley Chapel 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dover with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wesley Chapel, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wesley Chapel, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wesley Chapel
Wesley Chapel, Florida, is situated 25 miles north of Tampa and 90 miles from Orlando. Citizens living in Wesley Chapel often choose the area for its convenient location, and seniors have easy access to Interstate 75 and Interstate 275. Though there are 54 assisted living facilities (ALF) in the greater Wesley Chapel area for seniors to choose from, only two are directly within the limits of the census-designated place. The Department of Elder Affairs defines and regulates ALFs in Wesley Chapel and throughout the state of Florida. ALFs in Wesley Chapel, which are separated into four distinct categories, are broadly defined as establishments that offer residential services in a home-like environment. Florida Agency for Health Care Administration oversees facility licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wesley Chapel
- In addition to the sunny weather, Florida's tax cuts are a big pull for many seniors. Social Security and pension income are exempt from taxation in Wesley Chapel and throughout the state. Because of the state tax cuts, seniors who live in this area can spend more on recreational costs.
- The Wesley Chapel area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Wesley Chapel, temperatures hardly go below 50 degrees or above 90 degrees. Seniors who are seeking to escape cold, snowy winters enjoy the average complete lack of snow in Wesley Chapel.
- Wesley Chapel is considered safer than 63 percent of all cities across the country. This means that seniors have a 1 in 90 chance of being a victim of crime in Wesley Chapel rather than the national average chance of 1 in 35. Seniors looking for a safe area for assisted living might contemplate Wesley Chapel because of its low crime rates.
- Public transportation in Wesley Chapel is serviced by the Pasco County Public Transportation mass transit system. Seniors qualify for half-priced fares with the appropriate Pasco County Public Transportation (PCPT) Reduced Fare Photo I.D.
- Against the average cost of living across the nation of 100, the overall cost of living in Wesley Chapel receives a score of 113. Seniors will find that housing costs are the most expensive factor in the higher cost of living in Wesley Chapel.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wesley Chapel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Wesley Chapel start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wesley Chapel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wesley Chapel
Seniors desiring financial assistance for assisted living in the Wesley Chapel area should look to the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC). Additionally, Florida funds specific ALF services through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wesley Chapel
Wesley Chapel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wesley Chapel, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wesley Chapel
Wesley Chapel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wesley Chapel
Review of Blue Heron Assisted Living
My mom has moved into Blue Heron Assisted Living, but they have a COVID outbreak, so now she is in the isolation unit at a different facility and just trying to get past that and then we'll be head... Read more
Review of Beach House Assisted Living & Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch
Beach House Assisted Living & Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch would be my first choice. I liked the meal plan, activities, and accommodations. There was a lot more space. I liked the layout of t... Read more
Review of Blue Heron Assisted Living
Blue Heron Assisted Living is brand new. It had only opened a week when I went out to that one. They already had residents. They only had two in memory care, which is what I was looking at the time... Read more