41 Assisted Living Facilities near Dover, FL
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dover area, with 2 in Dover and 39 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 143 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dover. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dover 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Valrico with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dover, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Dover, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dover
Dover is a suburb of Tampa that's home to around 3,700 people. It has a relatively small senior population with only 8 percent of residents aged 65 and older. Dover seniors can find accommodation in one of the area's 36 assisted living facilities, which are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration. Standard or Specialty licenses are available to facilities depending on the type of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dover
- The air quality in Hillsborough County, including Dover, is mixed. The State of the Air 2018 report gave the city a failing grade for ozone pollution and an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution. High ozone pollution levels may impact the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) runs a bus service between Dover and Brandon, which connects to other buses in the county. Passengers aged 65 and older are eligible for a discounted fare. HART also has a paratransit service which some seniors may be able to access.
- The Dover area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Brandon Regional Hospital Emergency Center at Plant City, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Dover who enjoy culture have access to Tampa's vibrant arts venues. Assisted facilities in the area may organize group visits to see a show at the Straz Center for Performing Arts. Tampa is also home to galleries like the Tampa Museum of Art which has a growing collection of ancient and modern art and hosts regular exhibitions.
- Dover has mild winters and warm summers, allowing residents to enjoy a comfortable climate throughout the year. The average low temperature in winter is 49 degrees and in July the average high is around 91. The city has 246 sunny days each year, 31 more than the national average, giving seniors many opportunities to enjoy the Florida sunshine.
- The Sperling index rates Dover's overall cost of living at 108, which is 8 points higher than the national average. Seniors can save money on healthcare and transport, which are rated lower than the U.S. average. However groceries costs are higher than average which may impact the budget of some seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dover
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Dover start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dover and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dover
Florida has two programs, the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver, that offer financial assistance to seniors in assisted living. Seniors in Dover who receive Social Security benefits may also be able to access the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dover
Dover and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dover, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dover
Dover-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dover
Review of Patty's House #4
I love this place. My mom is VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF. It is clean, the owner Mrs, Patty has a heart of gold and is definitely there for the residents and not for the money. I have gone different ti... Read more
Review of Patty's House #4
My friend was at Patty's House #4. It's a very accommodating, nice, clean home. The staff was very good. They called and said that she was not breathing well so we had to take her to the hospital. ... Read more
Review of Patty's House #4
My mom went to Patty’s House yesterday. There are only 12 patients in the community. Patty was a very sweet and caring lady. The staff there is all extremely sweet, nice, kind, and loving towards t... Read more