33 Assisted Living Facilities near Lithia, FL
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lithia area, with 2 in Lithia and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lithia is $2,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635.
To help you with your search, browse the 114 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lithia. Better rated regions include Valrico with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lithia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lithia, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lithia
Lithia is a suburb of Tampa that is surrounded by natural features. Seniors who enjoy the great outdoors may wish to visit one of the parks in the area, including Lithia Springs Conservation Park. Seniors who prefer spending time at home can find accommodation in one of the area's 31 assisted living facilities. The Agency for Health Care Administration licenses and monitors these facilities, which can have a a Standard or Specialty license based on the type of care they provide
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lithia
- The Lithia area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Riverview.
- Tampa, including Lithia, was named equal first cleanest metropolitan area for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report. However, Hillsborough County received a failing grade for ozone pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this affects their health.
- Seniors in Lithia may be able to use the Sunshine Line when they need transportation. Trips are prioritized based on space available and the purpose for the trip. Fees are on a sliding scale based on the rider's income.
- Lithia's crime rate is lower than 97 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. The violent crime rate is just 0.7 crimes per 1,000 residents, less than a quarter of the state rate of 4.08. Property crimes is also low with a rate of 6.27, compared to the Florida average of 25.12. Seniors may be reassured that their chance of becoming a victim of crime in Lithia is far lower than in other parts of the state.
- Seniors in Florida enjoy a lower tax bill as there is no state income tax, leaving all retirement income tax-free. In addition, sales taxes in the state are close to the national average, leaving Lithia's seniors with more money in their budget for assisted living.
- Seniors in Lithia have access to all the arts and culture on offer in Tampa. History fans may wish to visit the Tampa Bay History Museum and assisted living facilities may arrange trips to catch a show at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lithia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lithia start around $2,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lithia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lithia
Lithian seniors in assisted living can access financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. Seniors receiving Social Security Income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lithia
Lithia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lithia, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lithia
Lithia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.