Lake Howard Heights

Reviews of Lake Howard Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Howard Heights

April 02, 2018

By Monika

Lake Howard Heights was very nice and we liked the apartments. They do a lot of activities and they serve three meals. The staff is friendly. They have pretty nice 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms, but what we didn't like was that the closets were unbelievably small.

July 20, 2017

By Wendy LG

My mother has been a resident of Lake Howard Heights for over 4 years and loves it. She loves the location and the staff and feels very safe there. There are so many activities for her to participate in, but her favorite is the "mystery rides" where she goes on the LHH bus to an unknown restaurant for lunch. The staff are very caring and very accessible for questions or concerns that I may have. They keep an eye on her and have let me know immediately when need be. In addition, if she doesn't show up for a meal, they will immediately call her or go to her room to make sure she is well. Not only is my mother well cared for at LHH, but there is a good hospital less than a mile away. The maintenance staff is helpful to the residents and is constantly trying to improve the facility inside and out. As a bonus, Lake Howard Heights overlooks beautiful Lake Howard, inspiring tranquility. There is always a lovely breeze.

Thank you, Wendy, for sharing your review! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're delighted that your mother has chosen to make her home here at Lake Howard Heights!

November 25, 2016

By Jack638688

My father is at Lake Howard Heights and he gets 3 meals a day at the restaurant area. He lives on the 2nd floor in a nice studio apartment with his dog. He loves it there because he's got good friends, and they all eat dinner together. He's really enjoying it there. Dad's room is cleaned every week; the floors are vacuumed, the bathrooms are cleaned, they take out the trash, and they do the bed sheets and blankets. Everything is covered in the price including the bus that takes them to Walmart and anywhere they want to go. I like the friendliness around the place. Everybody is really nice to Dad, and they all know me because I go in and out all the time. Once a month, the residents were taken to places like the Hard Rock Cafe the whole day and they enjoy themselves.

November 23, 2016

By Ann832808

Lake Howard was very nice, but we’re just not quite ready for it. The staff was very nice. The apartments were lovely. The only thing I didn’t like is that there was no landing; you couldn’t go outside of your apartment unless you took the elevator. The dining area was very good, and the food was excellent.

October 06, 2016

By Ron038255

Lake Howard Heights was the one that we liked most because it was clean and nice, the hallways were nice and light, and the rooms and people were nice. If we go anywhere, we would go there. They had community, exercise, and game rooms, plus a bus to take them places. Of all the places we looked, it was one of the nicest.

September 29, 2016

By Linda123301

We weren’t really impressed with Lake Howard Heights. It was too close to the streets, not much outside area to walk. I didn’t see much grassy area and places to walk and get outside. Yes, they had outside benches that you could go outside and sit, but there wasn’t that much area around the building. The rooms were fine. We looked at a two-bedroom there, and we were happy with that. I liked the idea of it being a two-bedroom, but it didn’t have a place for the washer and dryer. You’d have to do the community wash, and I liked the idea of having a washer and dryer in the apartment.

Thank you for your recent visit to Lake Howard Heights and your honest feedback. I would love the opportunity to share with you personally more information of specific details in regards to both your concern about the washer & dryer usage and areas outside to enjoy taking a walk. We do indeed have excellent alternatives in place that help to meet the needs of our residents in both of these areas. Please reach out to me personally at 863-293-3171 as I would love to have you join me for lunch here at the community where we can talk about these things further. Respectfully, Glenda Hanley Executive Director

September 13, 2016

By babydynamite

I visited Lake Howard. The manager did not seem to want to have anybody there because he was never there to show me the apartments. I made the appointment, and the manager was supposed to meet me there, but he never showed up. The resident who he sent over had to use a walker to go around to show me the apartment and argued with me about the place. The food was absolutely inedible. The place had a smell to it, and the price was higher than the other place I visited. It was horrible. My granddaughter and I could not wait to get out of there. We had to go to the restaurant to have something to eat. They needed to improve on everything. It was a high-rise building. I did not like the apartment at all. When we sat down to eat, nobody came to bring us any drinks or anything. Nobody seemed to care about anybody. They needed a new manager.

Thank you for taking time to review us. I am very sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than positive. We pride ourselves on providing excellent Customer Service and the information you provided is not an representation of our typical service. To this end, I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally to work through the negative issues you experienced. Please contact me directly at 863-293-3171. Thank you, Glenda Hanley Executive Director

November 30, 2015

By Jean S.1

I tried to get into Lake Howard Heights. I really loved it, and I wish I could have been there, but I can't. It just happens that we have VA, but I couldn't come up with the money I needed before the VA would kick in, so it's a big financial problem, and that was all. The apartment was really nice and clean. I even liked the studio. It was really nice but not quite big enough. Then after that, a lady showed me a one-bedroom, and I felt like there was more room in the studio than in the one-bedroom because in her one bedroom she would have her Atlantic furniture. But other than that, they're really nice, clean, and everything. I loved it. I had lunch there, and it was very good. They have about everything everybody else does, but on that particular day, all I noticed was the exercises, but they have everything I like. They have bingo and all kinds of stuff.

November 30, 2015

By Katie15

We chose Lake Howard Heights for my loved one because it's about 10 streets down the road from me and it was really clean. They were friendly, and so far everybody has been great there. They know everybody. It's a small community, and the rooms are good sized.

September 30, 2015

By Connie113754950

We place my father-in-law and his wife at Lake Howard Heights. It is an age-in-place community. That is important to us. It has a restaurant style dining facility where the food is off a menu daily so they can choose. My father-in-law does not have teeth and has awkward dentures so his food is pureed. They know that, and they take care of that for him. They can have a healthcare aide to help them with the laundry, they can have a laundry service or they can do the laundry on their own.

August 20, 2015

By caroldarol

My 95 yr old mother has been bedbound for two years with Hospice after a broken hip and 2 heart attacks. She prayed daily to die. It was financially breaking our family to keep round the clock nursing for her and breaking our hearts to see the quality of life she was living. After many prayers, we found out that mother could live at LHH and for extra money, could receive the same level of care she was getting, but unlike Hospice.....they could help her take her independence back!! One room was available and through the incredible help of staff and especially Brian and Dena who went extremely out of their way and way beyond working hours to help us.... Mom now resides there. Her apt. is lovely...the staff are superb, the amount of activities and resources are incredible - I want to live there one day...., the food is good (I've eaten there myself) and I have not met the first person, resident or staff that was sad, unfriendly, or rude. Quite the opposite!!!! It's like Heaven for my Mom and in a very short time she has gained so much independence she never thought at 95 she could restore. She wasn't supposed to die, God had other plans for her! Thank you from the bottom of my heart LHH for ALL you have and are doing for my mom.

June 20, 2015

By Dutch retiree

I have been a resident of Lake Howard Heights since February, 2015. Brian does a caring job of managing the senior living facility. All staff and residents are very friendly and thoughtful. The food is good, there are many activities, and van service is available for the Winter Haven area. I encourage you to come and look at this facility if you are considering independent or assisted living.

June 18, 2015

By Sherron1

I like the way the people at Lake Howard Heights watch out for people. They are very friendly, call my father by name, and make him feel comfortable. The apartments are very clean and very nice. The food is very good. He eats three meals a day there. They play bingo and Pokeno, and they're having a prom on June 18th. He has been there since mid-April, and everything is going good so far.

February 10, 2015

By anonymous105870350

I would never recommend Lake Howard Heights. It was in terrible shape. They were in the process of remodeling. It was bad. The paint was peeling, and the carpets were worn.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and review our community. However, I apologize that we were in the process of remodeling during your visit. That project has indeed been completed and new carpeting will be underway during the first quarter of this year. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you personally and provide you with a complimentary lunch and a new tour to show you the completed project. Again, I apologize that your experience was not what we would want it to be for you, and should you like to schedule an additional tour, please contact me directly at 863-293-3171. Thanks! Glenda Hanley, Executive Director. ghanley@seniorlifestyle.com

December 02, 2014

I did not like Howard Heights; my friend was in there at first. He didn’t stay until three weeks. It seems like there is an uproar over there all the time, and I think it’s a family run place where the janitors and everybody belong to this family. They accused someone who had lived there for a long time of stealing. I don’t know if I have anything good to say about the facility. We paid $1600 the first two months, now that’s $3200, and he's lived there three weeks. They have turned it over to a collection agency. The rooms were fine, but they had a teeny-weeny little refrigerator that you would see in a motel that would constantly be frozen up. We could not even get the ice trays out. They only give you two meals; the other facility gives you three.

November 28, 2014

By Dick11

We had my father-in-law at Lake Howard Heights. We chose this because it was convenient and very close to the church that he participates in. The staff are superb.

August 20, 2014

By Gunz

We were successful in placing my 80 year old brother into a very nice 1 bedroom apartment at Lake Howard Heights. He was an independent living resident at LHH, but was able to have maid service, laundry service, transportation to his doctors' appointments and regularly scheduled shopping trips to local stores and grocers. The LHH staff is most professional staff and employees were most attentive and saw to my brother's every need. I highly recommend Lake Howard.

January 31, 2014

By alioop75

Lake Howard Heights was nice. There were a lot of grounds around it. It was just kind of high-rise with a parking lot. People were very nice, very helpful, and trying to help out.

Thank you for your kind words you shared about Lake Howard Heights. Specifically we are very proud of our dedicated staff. We appreciate you visiting the community and are happy to be of any assistance. If you have any concerns I welcome you to reach out to me directly. - Respectfully… Glenda Hanley, Executive Director

December 20, 2013

By ABM

It is a shame that they cannot be honest with the residents. There is only one person that works there who cares, that is the activity director. The food is terrible, unless they are putting on a function to attract new residents. There is really no security for the independent people. Overall, IT IS NOT A PLACE THAT YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WANT TO LIVE OR VISIT. TRUST ME, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very disappointed to learn that you had a negative experience with Lake Howard Heights. Our goal is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. To further ensure we are delivering the best services possible, I would ask that you contact me directly at 863-293-3171 or via email at ghanley@seniorlifestyle.com so that you can share with me personally how we failed to deliver these services and meet your expectations so that we can improve the quality going forward.

Thanks, Glenda Hanley, Executive Director at Lake Howard Heights.

September 06, 2013

By lampp

My dad has been at Lake Howard for over a year now. Overall I have been pleased with the facility. This site lists cable as being included. It is not. And I "accidently" found Lake Howard when I was searching for a nursing home for my dad. Somehow they have been misclassified. Lake Howard is an Assisted Living Facility NOT a nursing home. Over the last year, my dad has gradually deteriated. During this time, they have been helpful and very sweet to him. There is only one staff member my mom doesn't care for (my mom visits my dad every morning, spending the morning with him and then goes about her day). He's just become too difficult for her to deal with. Every issue and every request we have ever made has been met with in an extremely timely and caring fashion. It is always a JOY to be there on any holiday. Even on dad's worst dementia days, they not only deal with it well but help us deal with it well too.

November 28, 2012

By Donna11

My sister fell and broke her shoulder in four places. When she came out of the rehabilitation, she was admitted into Lake Howard Heights. But she hasn't fully recovered yet, so she fell again. Someone should have been at least checking on her regularly. They never should have let her come back and be by herself. When we went down there, we went into her apartment, no one has done anything in there to straighten it up and make sure that she was doing all right. And then when we told them that my sister has to go to long-term care, they told us she would have to pay two months because we didn't give them notice. I think that was atrocious that they would even discuss that.

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Howard Heights

July 17, 2017

By Cassandra

Lake Howard Heights was marvelous, and everything was tiptop. The apartment was beautiful. The people who showed it to us were friendly. We did not have lunch there, but they invited us back. The only thing they didn't have was a pool, but they had a lot of activities. It's a wonderful place, and I can see myself living there. They had cards and bingo, and a happy hour and a musician while we were there.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks so much for sharing your review of Lake Howard Heights.

September 30, 2015

I visited Lake Howard Heights. It was the older one, but it was good. The director spent a lot of time with us, explained things thoroughly and also gave some information about applying for VA benefits and other types of benefits that might be available. The place seemed to be really clean, and it didn't have a bad smell to it. One of the things that I like about it was that you didn't have to walk a long way to get from one spot to another. For somebody who is having a health problem, I think that would be an important feature.

July 28, 2015

The apartments were very nice at Lake Howard Heights. They were painted, and they had new carpets. The dining room seemed very well equipped.

December 03, 2014

By Winter Haven resident

My mom moved into Lake Howard Heights in July. She has been very happy there. Everyone has been very friendly, and there is a family atmosphere. There are many activities for the residents, and my mom has gotten involved in some of them. It is a relief to me to have her in a safe, caring environment.

August 13, 2014

I just went out and talked to a whole bunch of different communities in the area and I liked Lake Howard Heights (650 N. Lake Howard Drive) the best. They were very friendly, very helpful, and they made me feel at ease with my dad living there. His apartment is not big, but it is big enough for him. It suits him just fine. He has got a little living room, a bedroom, and there is a lot of storage because they have their own storage area in each apartment. The kitchen has everything in it such as the stove, a fridge, and all that. So far, the staff has been good. I haven't had any issues. He seems to be very happy. I think he'd probably tell me if he wasn't. The food is really good. The dining room is a lot like a restaurant. Every day they give you three options for each meal and you just pick what you want. I've eaten there a couple of times and it was pretty good. They go on outings and things like that. I know that they have different things during the day that people can go to if they want. There is a little library and coffee area, so it just depends on how social you really want to be. They just seem to make all the residents really comfortable and it is a homey environment.

Costs for Lake Howard Heights

• Coffee Shop

• Spanish

• Licenses: 5494

About Lake Howard Heights

Lake Howard Heights is a senior living provider in Winter Haven, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Lake Howard Heights for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lake Howard Heights