17 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Wales, FL
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake Wales area, with 2 in Lake Wales and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lake Wales is $3,635 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,600. Cheaper nearby regions include Winter Haven with an average starting cost of $2,502.
To help you with your search, browse the 139 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake Wales. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lake Wales 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakeland with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake Wales, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lake Wales, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake Wales
Lake Wales is located on the highest ground of peninsular Florida and is known for its citrus and crystal clear lakes. It has a sizable senior population, with over 22 percent of the city's 16,000 residents aged 65 and over.
Seniors who are mostly independent but need help with some daily activities can find accommodation in one of the area's 17 assisted living facilities. In Lake Wales these facilities are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake Wales
- Seniors with respiratory conditions may appreciate the good air quality in Lake Wales. Polk County received high grades for three categories measured in the State of the Air 2018 report, with an A for 24-hour particle pollution and a B for ozone pollution.
- Public Transport in Lakes Wales is provided by Citrus Connection. Seniors aged 65 and over are eligible for discounted fares. They may also be able to utilize the door-to-door paratransit service which is for people unable to ride the regular service.
- The Lake Wales area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Wales Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lake Wales has warm weather year round with lows in January of 49 degrees. In July the high temperature is around 92 degrees and the city gets 240 sunny days each year, 35 more than the national average. This may be appealing to seniors who enjoy spending time in the sunshine.
- The cost of living in Lake Wales is 89 in the Sperling index, 11 points lower than the national average. Seniors with health conditions can save money on healthcare, which is ranked 6 points below the U.S. average of 100. Other everyday items, including utilities and groceries, cost more than the national average and this may impact the budget of seniors with a fixed income.
- Lake Wales has a high overall crime rate of 31 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 71 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. Although the violent crime rate is lower than the state average, the property crime rate is 28.13, three points higher than the Florida average of 25.12. This may be concerning for safety-conscious seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake Wales
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lake Wales start around $3,635 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake Wales and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake Wales
The Optional State Supplement is available for Lake Wales seniors who receive income from Social Security. Florida also offers financial assistance to people in assisted living through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake Wales
Lake Wales and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake Wales, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake Wales
Lake Wales-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lake Wales, FL
Other Options in Lake Wales, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lake Wales
Review of Savannah Court of Lake Wales
Savannah Court of Lake Wales was pretty nice. It is a little bit more regulated than the other place I toured, because they have people that are on 24-hours a day care. The people there are nice. T... Read more
Review of Water Edge of Lake Wales
Water Edge of Lake Wales is big. It's considerably more expensive but it seems to have every amenity that you could want. My mom has her own apartment as opposed to a smaller room, and the staff is... Read more
Review of Water Edge of Lake Wales
I have a friend who is staying at Water Edge of Lake Wales. It's a great community. They are interested in their residents, and they take good pride in taking care of them. They did some renovation... Read more