12 Assisted Living Facilities near Sebring, FL
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sebring area, with 8 in Sebring and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sebring is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Lake Placid with an average starting cost of $1,987.
To help you with your search, browse the 79 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sebring. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sebring 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lake Placid with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sebring, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sebring, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sebring
Sebring, Florida, is the county seat of Highland County and is sometimes called "City on the Circle" thanks to Circle Drive in the Sebring Downtown Historic District. Seniors in the Sebring area can choose from 16 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) with eight in Sebring and another eight nearby. Florida was one of the first states to regulate ALFs and continues to do so under both the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sebring
- The Sebring area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center and Highlands Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with asthma or a respiratory illness can enjoy the clean air in Sebring. The American Lung Association gave Highlands County an A ranking for air quality declaring it safer for sensitive individuals.
- As Florida has no state income tax, retired seniors have extra money in the bank. Social security checks, pension IRA and 401(k) are all untaxed leaving money for savings, shopping, or a higher quality facility.
- The cost of living in Sebring is 12.7 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who are trying to save money might have to spend a bit more to live in this area.
- Crime in Sebring exceeds the U. S. average for violent crime (31.1 out of 100) with a score of 41.2. Property crime is even higher at 57.3 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- With an average 49 inches of rain per year and July highs of 92 degrees, some may find this city a little humid. The winters are mild with a January average low of 48 degrees and no annual snow, meaning seniors can enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sebring
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Sebring start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sebring and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sebring
Seniors who need help paying for assisted living in Florida may be covered under the Statewide Managed Medicaid Care Long Term Care program, which has replaced all HCBS Medicaid waivers. For those seniors in need who are not eligible to receive Medicaid, there are six programs available they may qualify for.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sebring
Sebring and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sebring, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sebring
Sebring-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sebring, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sebring
Review of Family Extended Care of Sebring
We weren't thrilled with Crown Pointe of Sebring's appearance. We didn't see too much of it because they were kind of in an uproar that day. They had some meeting and everything was out of order. I... Read more
Review of Fairway Pines at Sun 'N Lake
We visited this facility with full intent for my step-dad to move in back in late December 2018. We provided the director with a $1500 deposit and made an appointment to return two days later to s... Read more
Review of Palms of Sebring
Look elsewhere this is not a caring place. My grandmother need it an assisted living facility and after a week of living there I realized the Palms of Sebring was a mistake. Some of the nurse assi... Read more