93 Balmoral Drive, Lake Placid, FL 33852
Balmoral Assisted Living (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 10 days

Move-in by November 30, 2018 and receive $500 off your rent for the first 3 months!

Reviews of Balmoral Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Balmoral Assisted Living

November 25, 2015

My wife stayed at Balmoral Assisted Living, and it was OK. I didn't have any problems, but she didn't stay there that long. I wanted to go to a reunion, so I checked her in there because it was close, and I can get there in 15 minutes from where I live. She was in memory care, and they locked her in. The care was about average. However, to get into the care unit, you had to go up in an elevator to the second floor, then you had to ring a button to get somebody to answer the door and sometimes you would wonder if they were coming. The food was about average. Cleanliness was fine.

July 20, 2015

By Norma23

We visited Balmoral Assisted Living for my son. Everybody there was nice. It was a nice facility. The rooms were fine. Everything was fine other than the shared shower and bathtub. The rooms weren't spacious, but they were sufficient. Also, they have a library, and they have bingo and movies. The location was good too.

June 11, 2015

By Janice104637650

Balmoral was very nice. The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The rooms that we looked at had kitchenettes, a sink, a microwave, and a fridge in them, which was important to us. They had shopping trips and activities. I liked the friendliness of the place.

November 28, 2014

I liked Balmoral, and it is on my list for assisted living when I get stronger. It was a friendly community; the people there were friendly. The staff was professional and courteous, and the residents that I spoke to appeared pretty happy. They provide laundry services and everything else. This is actually the one that I am probably going to be able to afford. Their rates are a lot lower, and they don't hit you with extra add-ons.

August 31, 2014

I had visited Balmoral Assisted Living several times. I knew several people there, and it was very nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I ate there, and the food was very good. The dining area was very roomy and spacious. I was very satisfied with their activities.

August 28, 2014

By Bren2

We chose Balmoral Assisted Living because my daughter can have her little dog and she can keep her vehicle. My daughter has a lot of handicaps. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Regarding accommodation, it was a very nice room. It was a little bit smaller than I wanted it to be, but it will be sufficient. Their dining room was very nice. Also they have a laundry room where you can wash your own clothes or they will wash them. They have a media room, a crafts room, and a small physical therapy room. They have two outdoor enclosed areas. They have two dining rooms. They have transportation that will take you to and from shopping and doctor's visits. I like it because it was close to me, so I could visit really easy. I thought the living environment was super, I wouldn't mind going there myself. Everybody was very friendly and open. I would recommend this community to others.

March 27, 2014

By Carolyn37

I needed to get Mom a little bit closer to me, so I transferred her to Balmoral Assisted Living, but I didn?t like it. When I moved her over here, it was owned by somebody else, and Holiday Retirement bought it out. When they did take over, they started to control their meal portions. Her room is OK, but her closet doors do not shut because the closet is so small. The staff is great, but the corporate rule is not that good. I know that they have bingo, and I know that they have people who come in and dance or sing. As far as the facility goes, the food would be the number one thing they need to improve on. Number two: it should be more about the resident and not more about the dollars for the company.

October 09, 2013

By Pat35

I did visit Balmoral Assisted Living but I realized that I'm a bit too young for this type of facility. It looked boring to me. The facility was quite beautiful. The young lady who I spent two hours with was wonderful, cheerful, and nice. She was just terrific. During my visit, they hinted that they had some younger residents but I didn't see anyone under 80. They also made a special exception for me to bring my cats. However, their rooms were just ridiculous. The one they showed me was only 140-square feet and to live in it for the rest of your life with four cats. It's just not going to happen.

June 24, 2011

By Shanesgurl1987

Upon my visits to this facility I was treated like family. I was take to he patients room. I phoned down to the front desk to request help to get the patient up as she was not feeling well, the staff arrived in the room within two minutes. Then we proceeded to get her out of bed. Two hours before lunch one of the kitchen staff was at the door asking the patient and myself want we would like for lunch. We had lunch in one of the gardens, lunch was delicious, yet healthy. This facility was up to date and very tidy.

Questions about Balmoral Assisted Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

As a Meridian Senior Living community we take training seriously. We have ongoing monthly training for all staff.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Balmoral Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our overall population is reflective of the small town of Lake Placid in which we are located. Our residents are especially welcoming and friendly. We have a very close knit environment at Balmoral where everyone is willing to lend their neighbor a hand. The average age of our residents is right around 83 years old. Our residents especially love to dance and listen to music when there is live entertainment.

What programs or activities does Balmoral Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer many great programs at Balmoral some of our residents' favorites include laughing yoga and the Lake Placid High School Honor Society student visits. The students hold many events and participate in many of our life enrichment activities along with our residents. We also have resident developed programs including some geared towards weight loss and a group called “Lean On Me “ where residents speak as a group and support each other's weight loss goals.

What places are near Balmoral Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have several local restaurants and shopping centers close by. We are also located next to a caladium farm which is great since we are located in the Caladium Capital of the World!

What transportation services does Balmoral Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to and from all doctor appointments, local procedures, shopping excursions and activities outside of the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at Balmoral Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef is the BEST! The residents are able to choose between a few main courses at each meal along with several always available items. Residents also have their choice of sides, soups, and salads. our desserts are also amazing!

What safety features or security measures does Balmoral Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer alarmed doors and 24 hour staff.

How does Balmoral Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We take communication very seriously and always encourage our residents' families to be involved at the community. All resident families have access to our monthly activities calendar, we post regularly to our social media pages, and our staff communicates directly with families to communicate any health related items that may arise.

If Balmoral Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets up to 25 pounds. We have a beautiful open area on the property for pets to enjoy and run around as well as beautiful courtyards.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What safety features or security measures does Balmoral Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

Balmoral offers a fully secured Memory Care in addition to our Assisted Living.

What programs or activities does Balmoral Assisted Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

At Balmoral, we have a full monthly activities calendar specifically created for our Memory Care residents. Our staff members encourage residents to engage in activities by engaging along side all of the residents.

We have a nurse on-site who assesses our Memory Care residents' health and cognitive functioning. Assessments are completed prior to move in and 30 days after move in. Additionally, we assess each Memory Care resident every 90 days or sooner if there is a change in their condition.

What techniques does Balmoral Assisted Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We definitely understand the challenges of supporting our Memory Care residents during mealtimes and for this reason Balmoral keeps our meal times very routine and have very strategic seating assignments.

How does Balmoral Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

After each assessment, the family is notified of any changes and they are also notified of any concerns that we have with regard to their loved ones' health.

Describe the neighborhood around Balmoral Assisted Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Balmoral is located in a residential area and is in close proximity to Lake Clay and Lake Huntly.

Is Balmoral Assisted Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Balmoral is not affiliated with a hospital but is located just 4 short minutes from Florida Hospital Lake Placid.

Costs for Balmoral Assisted Living

Photos of Balmoral Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Balmoral Assisted Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Balmoral Assisted Living

Balmoral Assisted Living

Assisted Living and Memory Care That Will Make You Say WOW!

Welcome to assisted living that is designed for WOW! Surrounded by farms and Lake Huntley, Balmoral Assisted Living is a community that is both serene yet urban. Nearby is an active community with plentiful opportunities for shopping, dining, historic outings and fun excursions. Each day, residents live their life as they choose, with the care they desire when they need it.

With Balmoral Assisted Living, life is full of enriching activities, personalized care, and an engaging lifestyle. It’s an assisted living and memory care experience that gives residents the opportunity to live a truly exciting life. Come see why we’re making seniors say WOW!

Assisted Living at Balmoral

Experience what it means to live independently and enjoy the comfort and peace of mind knowing that assistance is available if and when it’s needed. Our residents are surrounded by a lifestyle that is rich in meaning, fun, and support, leaving them to simply relax and live full lives, while we ensure that help is never far away.

Memory Care at Balmoral

When our residents are impacted by Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, we know that moments of joy can happen at any time. With our Montessori-based memory care program, Moments in Time, we celebrate those moments and meet our residents right where they are, combining compassionate and individualized care with bountiful opportunities for our residents to live life to the fullest.

What We Offer:

• Private apartments
  • Restaurant-style dining
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Emergency response system
  • Complimentary scheduled transportation
  • Diverse activities program designed to enhance daily living
  • Medical appointment scheduling
  • Climate-controlled air conditioning and heating
  • Partially-covered courtyards
  • Community dining room overlooking palm trees
  • Supervision with activities of daily living
  • Game and activity rooms
  • And so much more!

At Balmoral Assisted Living, our residents have access to anything they need to live a full and engaging life.

Map of Balmoral Assisted Living