Water Edge of Lake Wales

Assisted Living Reviews for Water Edge of Lake Wales

Independent Living Reviews for Water Edge of Lake Wales

April 11, 2017

By Gentle Giant

I was amazed by the cleanliness and activeness of the community. The residents seemed very happy and told my mom this was a great place to live. The staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. We gave a deposit and look forward to moving my mom in.

January 21, 2017

By stressed out caregiver

PLEASE do your research and talk to active/current care givers before you place a loved one in the AL or Memory Care unit. It is NOT what they sell you - and even though the workers are very sweet, they lack the knowledge and training to serve this population. The administration has many excuses. Caregivers who are local see all the flaws. Your family deserves better, and Waters Edge should serve their community better. The food service staff are not flexible. Choices are limited! The reviews of the Independent Living will be very different from the reviews of those in the Assisted Living, for obvious reasons!

July 19, 2015

By TheMoveDoctor

As a NASMM/Senior Move Manager, I can whole-heartedly recommend Water's Edge. Tim D. is very accommodating and cares about the individual and families. No place has a better gathering spot in the lobby with their amazing player piano.

December 19, 2014

By MildredHeath

I have a family friend in the memory care unit and I can not begin to describe the feelings I had when I met a young lady whom said she was new her First week and I could already tell the difference the ambiance the smiles the activities that were so engaging it was so enlightening to watch her engage with the residents. It was if they were her own loved ones. I am so glad WatersEdge finally got someone with the love for the memory care unit that they deserve

October 25, 2014

By Debbie96425050

I have moved my mother into Water Edge. She is in independent living, but they have assisted living and memory care. The place is awesome. I can’t tell you enough how great it is. Water Edge was our first. We went back, and it was our last. It was hands down. It’s nice, clean, and bright with pale blue walls. I thought the security was great. One thing that’s different about Water Edge and other places is that it’s a bit of buy in. Say it was a 2500 apartment, you pay 25000, but when you move out you get 85% of that back. It depends if you have the money to put into it, but it includes a full continental breakfast every morning and your choice of lunch or dinner in the dining room which has a white table cloth. It’s not a buffet, they serve you. The food is very good. Her apartment is very nice. All the apartments in the independent living have screened in balconies and outside balconies -- something no one else has. Her independent living comes with a full kitchen. It includes housekeeping once a week. They have townhouses where you can live independently and have your meals in the property. The people were super nice there. They’re very accommodating. They help with anything, and they answer questions. My mom is very happy with the staff -- especially with the dining room. They’re like waitresses. They come and wait at the table, but they know everybody by their name. She can have her own car if she wants, but they have their own bus service that takes them to doctors or Walmart. They have an outside swimming pool that’s heated. They have a little movie room, a little exercise room, a crafts room, and a card room. They’re working a little bit on the activities. I would say that’s probably the one thing they’re lacking in a little bit right now and they’re working on bringing more activities in. They have two sewing machines that are set up for crafts, wii golf, chair exercises, and movies twice a week in the movie room. They also have a pool table and a dart room -- like a men’s room. They do a lunch brunch once a month if you want to sign up, and people are signing up for sentimental operas in December. That’s an extra, that’s not included.

October 17, 2013

By Caring71900450

I had visited Water's Edge and it was very nice. The people there were very nice too. They had duplex and apartment units, which were spacious with one bedroom, one bath and a full kitchen. They had nice amenities and a heated pool. However, you had to pay a buy-in fee of $25,000.

Costs for Water Edge of Lake Wales

Photos of Water Edge of Lake Wales

Services and Amenities of Water Edge of Lake Wales

• Independent Living Starting At: $1930/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Condos Townhomes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Pool

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Water Edge of Lake Wales

If you’re looking for 55+ communities in Lake Wales, FL, one visit will help you understand why Water’s Edge of Lake Wales is right for you. We are a not-for-profit central Florida retirement community and care facility that was established in 2009 to provide a secure and positive lifestyle experience for our residents.

Our dedicated team of professionals is focused on excellence at every level and is determined to keep Water’s Edge a preeminent retirement community in central Florida. Whether aiding you with daily tasks or providing you with the added care that assisted living necessitates, our staff will do everything in their power to ensure your time with us is comfortable and fulfilling.

Going Above and Beyond other Retirement Communities in Central Florida

As part of our commitment to excellence, we’re proud to offer the following features and services to our residents:

• Independent living residences
  • Beauty and barber shop
  • Movie theatre
  • Billiard room
  • Artistic expression studio

Both Water’s Edge and National Church Services are dedicated to making our facility the foremost 55+ retirement community in Lake Wales, FL and the surrounding area.

At Water’s Edge of Lake Wales, you’ll enjoy retirement life to the fullest. Our residents delight in a full spectrum of social and cultural activities, wellness and fitness plans, creative art programs, regular wine tasting events, computer classes, volunteer programs, aquatics programs and much, much more.

Map of Water Edge of Lake Wales