31 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Alfred, FL
Also serving communities of Auburndale.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake Alfred area, with 2 in Lake Alfred and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lake Alfred is $2,250 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Haines City with an average starting cost of $2,095.
To help you with your search, browse the 264 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake Alfred. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lake Alfred 3.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winter Haven with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake Alfred, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lake Alfred, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake Alfred
The city of Lake Alfred in central Florida is a thriving business hub due to its proximity to the Orlando and Tampa International Airports. Although the city continues to grow, it still retains its friendly, neighborhood charm, making it an attractive place for seniors to live. Prospective senior residents can choose from among the 31 assisted living facilities in the area, two of which are located within city limits. These ALFs, and all others located within the state, are regulated by Florida’s Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake Alfred
- Polk Transit Services provides public transportation to residents of Polk County, including those living in Lake Alfred. Passengers aged 65 years and older qualify for discounted fares. Buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and kneelers for easy boarding.
- The state of Florida has a no-income-tax policy. Additionally, it does not deduct taxes on Social Security retirement or pension benefits, which allows seniors living in Lake Alfred to enjoy significant savings.
- The Lakeland-Winter Haven area, which includes Lake Alfred, is tied in first place for having the cleanest metropolitan area in the country for 24-hour particle pollution. This translates to healthier air quality for seniors who are dealing with chronic respiratory conditions.
- Lake Alfred's climate is conducive for many outdoor leisure activities and the city has mostly sunny days throughout the year. Its comfort index is listed at 76, which is considerably higher than the national average of 54. Average summer temperatures reach the low 90s, which can cause discomfort to seniors who struggle with the heat. Winter months are relatively comfortable, with an average low temperature of 49 degrees, compared to the national average of 23 degrees.
- Lake Alfred’s relatively low crime rate makes it one of the safer places in the state for seniors. The property crime index is listed at 35.8, which is lower than Florida’s 45.1 and the national index of 38.1. The violent crime index also shows a lower value at 25.4, which is markedly better than the state’s index of 35.9 and the national index of 31.1.
- Compared to Florida’s overall cost of living index of 111, Lake Alfred registers a more favorable reading of 92. The healthcare index at 94 is lower than the national index of 100, allowing for slightly more affordable healthcare costs for seniors living in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake Alfred
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lake Alfred start around $2,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake Alfred and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake Alfred
Florida’s Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program offers long-term managed care plans, including assisted living facility services, to qualified Medicaid recipients within the state and the city of Lake Alfred. The Agency for Health Care Administration also provides Assistive Care Services to ALF residents with financial limitations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake Alfred
Lake Alfred and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake Alfred, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake Alfred
Lake Alfred-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lake Alfred, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lake Alfred
Review of Lake Alfred Assisted Living and Retirement
I am a friend of a resident here who has been here for a couple years , I visit regularly and all the staff here is friendly and caring , the place always smells good. The staff always try to keep... Read more
Review of Southern Gardens Assisted Living Residence
Southern Gardens was a beautiful place, but it is over my sister's budget. It was very clean and very organized. I happened to get there at a time when their staff got together. They do that every ... Read more
Review of Lake Alfred Assisted Living and Retirement
This place is horrible bathroom sink uses kitchen faucet, food is like a prison, cigarette butts all over the place on the ground and they do not follOw the daily activities also i saw couple roac... Read more