Spring Hills Hunters Creek

Reviews of Spring Hills Hunters Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Hills Hunters Creek

February 11, 2020

By J. Lozano

Spring Hills Hunters Creek is great. Everything was organized, it was clean, and it seemed like everything was under control over there. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. The dining area looked clean, great, and it's definitely one of my options.

Dear J. Lozano, Thank you so much for your positive review. We appreciate your kind words and support.

November 06, 2019

By Shannon

My father moved into Spring Hills Hunters Creek, and it's been a fantastic experience. They've been very helpful and made my dad feel at home. They welcomed him and gave him a little gift. He likes trains and they have a little train in his room, so it's very personalized. The food is pretty good, it's gourmet, and there's a pretty wide range of options. They have a whole schedule of different activities like gardening, games, mental and hand-eye coordination, and morning exercises. They have a small gym, a library, and a movie room. It's a little expensive, but it's worth the money. They try to keep him active. He can get your loved one a wrist band that locks the door, so they can't leave the facility, and they have a bigger area to roam.

Dear Shannon. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are positive your review will help other families looking for care.

March 07, 2019

By Maria P.

I recently moved my mother into this community and I must say, it was probably the hardest thing I have done. However, Sandra, their Marketing Director, is absolutely incredible. She held our hands all the way... If it wasn’t for her, we probably wouldn’t have moved our mother, because we were in denial about the reality if things and the care she needs. Sandra even came to my home to meet mom and she invited her to lunch, picked her up and brought her right back! My mother was so happy with the food and she made friends almost immediately. Although it is a bit in the higher price, I understand why...we are paying for THAT type of one on one quality for my mother. Very grateful to have found them...

Dear Maria, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are sure it will help others.

June 28, 2018

By Cheryl

I liked Spring Hills Hunters Creek. The staff was all wonderful and very pleasant. They went above and beyond. The rooms are very nice, but a little bit small. They were also probably one of the more expensive places. Their 1-bedroom ended up being like $7,400, and that applies to 2-bedrooms. The menu looked really awesome and the dining room was nice and very clean. They kept the place looking new, and the people who live there love it. They showed me the rehab part, a library, game room, and activity room. The staff went over and above.

Dear Cheryl, Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate your feedback and support for other families to get a feel for our community.

September 19, 2017

By LeslieF

Placing a family member in a residential, long-term care facility is one of the most emotionally wrenching decisions anyone ever has to make. In an ideal world, my wife and I would have have loved to keep my mother-in-law Pierrette at home, even with her increasing need for professional caregiving. That unfortunately is not an option and we had to find a place that will be about as close as possible to the home where she lived and the environment that she’ll be leaving shortly. The task of finding the right place for a loved one is sad, guilt-ridden, lonely and uncertain. Unfortunately, most of us don't know what makes a place and its people right. We were fortunate to meet Regina. She listens, understands, she asks good questions without being intrusive and has shown very good understanding of our concerns. She's efficient, she is responsive and she communicates well. She was instrumental in helping us to make that very important decision of select Spring Hills to be my mother-in-law’s new home. On behalf of my wife Carole and myself I would like to compliment you on having someone of Regina’s quality to be the ambassador for Spring Hills community and ask that you please convey to Regina our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for the work she has done in making us feel good about this very difficult resolution. In closing, I hope that Regina’s warmth and caring extends to the rest of the staff as it is a very important factor for my mother-in-law’s speedy integration into the community and for us to diminish our anxiety over whether or not my mother in law will receive the love and caring that is so vital to all of us.

Thank you for you very detailed review. We appreciate the time you took to leave positive feedback. At Spring Hills Senior Communities, we pride ourselves on being dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

September 14, 2017

By Doris Johnson

I was amazed at how well the staff did during the hurricane! They constantly checked on every resident and always kept us calm. I didn't hear one of them complain. They also kept us updated, fed and safe. Thank you for your great care.

Thank you for your positve review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

July 18, 2017

By SheriM

My mother is very happy at Spring Hills. The staff are warm, friendly and do a superb job. Such a caring atmosphere! Professional and experienced, the staff is excellent

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

May 04, 2017

By Sandra317238

The quality of care is far above what we had experienced in the past! The caring and support of the staff, nurses and aides is phenomenal! We highly recommend them!

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate it.

April 19, 2017

By Ernest140258

We liked the warm greeting that we received from Regina at Spring Hills Hunters Creek. The staff was very gracious. They had a variety of activities available and a lot of group activities. They also had sing-alongs with entertainers coming from outside. We had lunch there and several of the residents stopped by, said hello, and greeted us. You get three full meals, and you can order whenever you like. You don't have to go by the regimen of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can go off schedule, and they will provide whatever is necessary.

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

April 18, 2017

By MIHNAT

They are professional, caring, have a well kept facility. & are helpful keeping me informed about my mom. This gives me peace of mind that my mom is happy a& well cared for at the cottage. Awesome in my book!

Thank you for your positive review. Feedback like this is why we dedicate ourselves to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

April 18, 2017

By Millie230406

Professional, caring, and well-kept facilities. Gives me peace of mind. They're taking excellent care of my mom at the cottages.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

April 12, 2017

By Mrs.BettyG

I was ill, when you cleaned my apartment. You worked so hard not to disturb me. I appreciate that you did such a great job! I think all Housekeepers and Care Partners at Spring Hills Hunters Creek tries their best to keep the Residents happy. Thank you for your dedication to us all!! Mrs. G

Thank you Mrs. Betty G for your time to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback!

April 10, 2017

By Disappointed55

My father was admitted to Spring Hills in the fall of 2016, and he was recently denied re-admittance to the facility after a hospitalization, on the grounds that the nursing staff at Spring Hill could not provide proper care for him. This is somewhat understandable, but the manner in which it was carried out was not. The administration at Spring Hill has very poor customer service; no one ever returns phone calls or seems to listen to voice mail messages. They seem to care more about their bottom line than their residents. The support staff, who actually takes care of the residents day to day, was, for the most part, excellent and very helpful. However, the Head Nurse in charge of assessments, Sheryl, was abrasive, unsympathetic, and refused to listen to our concerns, and even lied about previous statements she made to our family. She seemed more interested in talking about herself and denied that my father received stage one bedsores from Spring Hill, even though the hospital took note of them when he was first admitted. Because of these duplicitous actions by the administration, I strongly advise thinking twice about signing up with them. Before you sign the contract and start paying, they are very nice and accommodating, but their true nature reveals itself once they have your money.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into this matter further and work to improve everyone's customer service skills.

December 03, 2016

By Evelyn223540

I've been to Spring Hills, and I found it to be very pretty -- a very nice place to go. I've seen the rooms and older people having lunch all together in the dining room. It was clean. I found out that my personal doctor was one of the doctors that were available in cases of emergency. The people were delightful. I found Spring Hills to be the one place that I would like to send my family. The dining room was very nice. The people sat down to have their lunch, there was a lot of people, and the people inside were very pleasant.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write a review.

November 29, 2016

By Regina436762

Dear Ms. Maimone: I would like to thank you for all your efforts in getting my mother-in-law admitted. I needed your level-headed calmness to keep me on track. Your place looks so inviting that I can see myself on your front porch in the years ahead.

Thank you for your positive review! We truly appreciate your support.

November 22, 2016

By Rick530378

Spring Hills seemed nice, quiet, and clean. I met two of the staff. They were very nice and very pleasant. The dining hall was beautiful. I saw the menu as well, and it had a nice variety too. They had several areas for activities and viewing videos, and those were very nice. They also had a library.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback.

November 08, 2016

By Jim806320

Springs Hills seemed to be organized, neat, and clean. The food was good, and the accommodations were good. They work with us, and the price was right. The staff was warm, answered all of our questions, and seemed to be very receptive to questions. One of the things that we were still looking to obtain was the WiFi capability, I don’t think they got that yet. It’s very easy to get in, it's close to the airport, universal studios, and the VA. They serve three meals a day.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. All of our communities include Wifi for our residents and their families. Please feel free to contact us further.

November 05, 2016

Excellent! The staff is exceptional. They work so hard and are always happy to help.

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your support!

October 27, 2016

By Rosalie F

If your loved one can no longer live at home, then Spring Hills is the best. The total staff are caring people with your best interests in mind. They become your family as soon as you move in.

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate your positive review.

September 30, 2016

By EB501886

Spring Hills Hunters Creek was very nice, and the people were wonderful. I liked the rooms. The facility was clean, and everything seemed to be OK. However, it was a 35-minute drive, which would be far for me to go and visit my husband everyday.

Thank you for your kind review. Best of luck to you to find what's best for you and your husband.

September 27, 2016

By Sherry Kosack

Very nice tour of facility and explanation of pricing.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

May 17, 2016

By DianeOSALV

Everything seemed to be nice at Spring Hills. They had a very limited placement, so if I would decide to do this one, they said there’s a waiting list anywhere from two weeks to six months. Plus, you need to pay upfront to get put on the waiting list. The rooms sizes seemed adequate. From what I saw, activities were limited.

Thank you for your review. We really appreciation your feedback. I will forward this to the team.

May 10, 2016

By DonaldMWXIU

Our experience at Spring Hills Hunters Creek was very positive. People were active and out and about. We were there at lunch time, and it was just outstanding. We went on a full tour and to some of the apartments, where even the smallest one was acceptable. The one thing that was bothersome for my father was the size of the showers. Even in the largest apartment, he felt that the shower was just too small. But overall, he was very pleased. It is conveniently located by Kissimmee and Orlando, spectacularly well maintained, and well staffed.

Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

October 25, 2015

By Sarah45

Great assessment and check in. So far I have a great experience with Spring Hills. Their rooms are very spacious.

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

September 30, 2015

Weekly cleaning done on time. Good meals. Friendly staff. Laundry handled OK. I am glad I chose SHAL!

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you choose us too!

September 28, 2015

By Jayne8

We visited Spring Hills, and for our purposes, they were too far away. There are driving issues in our family that just makes things too far away. They were too expensive for my mom’s budget, but they were nice. They weren’t quite as homey as some of the others we visited, but they weren’t the hospital type or anything like that. Everybody was very pleasant, and the food was good. We only looked at one room, and it was kind of a standard studio -- which was rather small -- and my mom wanted something larger than a studio. But then, she couldn’t afford the studio, so this was kind of out for us. But other people might really find it very nice.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback as we aspire to exceed everyone's expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact us at 732-582-0400.

September 23, 2015

I am very pleased with Spring Hills Hunters Creek. They care for the residents. They provide great support and compassion. We enjoy visiting with one another in our beautiful bistro where we always have cup of coffee. I never had so much love in my life.

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your positive review.

August 30, 2015

By Cheryl116111850

My sister and I are looking for a new home for our mother. A resident went above and beyond sharing their two-bedroom home with us. The community is clean and beautiful.

Thank you for your feedback and positive review. We truly appreciate it.

August 26, 2015

By Carmela Soul1

Excellent! My CNA, Maggie is wonderful as well as all the staff. This is my home and will always be. It is the best home I've ever lived in including the home that I called home before coming here.

Dear Carmela, Thank you for calling Spring Hills home. I means a lot to us that you have left a positive review for others to see. We truly appreciate your feedback!

August 04, 2015

By Anyonamous

My mother has been at Spring Hills Hunters Creek for sometime now and she has been very involved in all of the activities. Recently the activity director left the facility and his replacement is horrible, the calendar is much worse than before and they are not going any where but to stores. They previously went on longer more exciting trips. At first I was very impressed with the nursing manager Adam but the other day I was turned off by the fact that he did not care to interact with the residents around him. I also heard him speaking down about a resident in a joking manner which turned me off. The food service is not very good and is just let to be run without any supervision and the servers are very rude. At first I thought this was the right decision for my mother and now am starting to search other areas as I feel this facility is going downhill. Its really a shame to what this apartment community has become.

Dear Anonymous, I am sorry for your most recent experience. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to make your mother's stay as enjoyable and engaging as we both expect. Please continue to express your concerns with the Executive Director at the community while we work to exceed your expectations.

July 04, 2015

By Lucy16

Spring Hills is at 3800 Town Center Boulevard, but I wasn’t impressed with the staff at all. When I went in and talked with them, I really was more or less turned off. However the rooms and apartments looked very good. This is only 1 or 3 stories. Their price is much higher than the other two facilities I visited. One thing I didn’t like is you have to have your meals cooked for you. Everybody couldn’t go at one time; you have to be given a time and that’s a time that you would go to have your meals so the chef has time to prepare it. They had the library and entertainment coming in. If you needed to take them to doctors, they had to be in the 10mile radius; after that, you pay $23 a mile.

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews help our teams strive for excellence. Please reach out to the Executive Director of the community to address your concerns or contact us directly at the corporate office.

April 18, 2015

My parents love Spring Hills Hunters Creek. I have eaten there, and the food was pretty good. I have no complaints about it. The dining setup is fine. They have activities like bingo, entertainment, and parties. They also go out on beach trips and casinos.

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your feedback. We apreciate all reviews as we strive to exceed your expectations!

March 07, 2015

Spring Hills Hunters Creek was a nice place. It was clean and near. However, one of the things that hit me was the cost. It was $3,000 for just one person to live there.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews. Should you want to discuss your concern further, please contact me.

February 25, 2015

By Tiffany Comiskey

Excellent! From start to finish, Teri, was incredibly helpful! Not only did she answer all of our questions immediately, she went above and beyond (even making several trips to our home) to make sure this was a smooth transition. The place is beautiful. The staff is A+ (from kitchen to nurses to maintenance). If I could give more stars, I would. The best!

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

January 13, 2015

By Ray20

Out of the ones we have visited, we thought that Spring Hills Hunters Creek was not super modern, but it had felt homey. The facility was great and clean. The rooms that we looked at were extremely large, and the staff was just unbelievably nice. I think the hospitality of every single person there were just over the top friendly. The sales manager is just over the top, and they did a great job with following up and taking care of anything we have needed. We have been there a couple of times, and the food was actually pretty good. They have a really good menu. The only thing that I found so far that has been a disadvantage is that my mom is supposed to be on a low sodium diet, and even though we told every single person there, there is really no one who monitors or even looks at it. They said they do not add any salt, but just because they do not add any salt, it does not mean it’s not loaded with salt. If you are a person that cannot monitor your sodium levels or your sugar intake yourself, there is no one really there who watches over you to make sure that you are doing it.

Thank you for your detailed review. Assisted living residents do still have the right to choose in a situation like this. We appreciate your feedback. Should you feel there is still a concern, please contact us.

December 09, 2014

By Robert100809350

Teri did a terrific job in facilitating the transition from rehab to the Spring Hills Assisted Living Center at Hunters Creek for my friend.

Dear Robert, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Spring Hills Hunters Creek. Our team is committed to "Caring with a Commitment to Quality" and I am pleased to hear you had that very experience.

January 31, 2014

By Caring77220550

My wife has been in Spring Hills Hunters Creek for a week now. It is a very attractive facility, very homey and comfortably laid out. I like that it is very close to home. I can spend as much time with her as I want. I can take her out when I want. My wife likes it there. Her room is very nice and very comfortable. I think for her, it's spacious. The service has been very good. They have very cooperative and very good staff. I also like that it seems to have a good program. They have activities all day for their residents. The dining room is very lovely. It looks like a restaurant. They also have a menu. It's very nice.

Thank you for your time to write this positive review. We are happy you are part of our Spring Hills family!

December 03, 2012

By Matt C

I am pleased with this facility. I feel that my grandmother is glad to because she knows she needs help and it is not safe for her to be by herself. The facility has nice rooms with private bath and showers. They have thier own thermostat in the room so she can adjust the temperature to how she wants it. They have safety buttons in the room for her in case she needs help and is checked on quite often. There are many other people her age that she enjoys talkig to at dinner time. Also they have plenty of board games and activities she can participate in. Overall i believe this is the best place she could be right now and is enjoying her time there.

November 18, 2011

By SDchen

I was a visitor to this facility with my family during their Grandparents Day celebration. There was adequate parking close to the front of the building. Coming to the front door I noticed a long, wraparound porch with a good deal of seating for the residents and their family members to visit out of doors. The exterior and interior are very nicely appointed and have a homey feel. The first floor had a reception desk, a library, a TV room and a dining hall. There was plenty of seating so the residents could get out of their rooms and socialize. The dining hall appeared well kept with a restaurant-like ambiance. The day's scheduled activities were written on an easel so one could easily keep up to date. At the time of my visit they had a male singer entertaining the group with songs appropriate to the audience. Many residents were singing along and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I thought the residents looked clean and well dressed. Upon my departure I noticed raised planting beds that looked to be sprouting fresh flowers and vegetables.

Thank you for your detailed review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

September 30, 2011

By alwayssearching

I Visited SpringHills not to long ago, and i have mix feelings about that place. Its a beautiful facility, They have a nice dining room, the residents rooms are very cozy, they have studio rooms and 1 bedroom rooms which includes a living room and a dining room. Erika, who is over all the nurses is very kind and caring to the residents, but the employees might have different things to say about her. The thing that concerned but about SpringHills was that there were some accidents involving some of the residents falling and no one there to assist them. I remember a resident being upset because her husband had fallen and when she called the front desk for help, there was no one there to answer the phone. And also during lunch, some residents need help to be transfer from their wheelchairs to the dining chairs, but again no one is there to assist them, that makes me think that maybe they are under staffed. Nevertheless, the activity cordinators do keep the residents busy, they'll have musicians, dancers, and singers come to entertain. Every Wednesday and Thursday the residents go out for lunch on the facility bus, once a week they take them shopping at a supermarket, they go movies, they have bingo,there's a beauty salon on site and a stylist comes twice a week to pamper those that wish to be pampered. They have church service on sundays at the facility and some residents go out to a church meeting on the bus. So some bad things they need to work on but the staff are really nice.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews as our goal is to exceed your expectations. If you feel you need to address this matter further, please contact Christina O'Leary, Director of Branding & Media at 732-582-0400.

Memory Care Reviews for Spring Hills Hunters Creek

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Lp Ns R Ns

About Spring Hills Hunters Creek

Spring Hills Hunter's Creek Meets 100% Compliance & Receives “Deficiency Free Survey” From The Florida Agency For Health Care Administration.

Spring Hills Hunters Creek provides premier assisted living in central Florida and the Orlando area. In addition, we are a supportive Alzheimer's care community. Distinguished among senior living communities, we demonstrate "Caring with a Commitment to Quality," by offering personalized Signature Touches, a set of programs and services unique to Spring Hills, along with all the comforts of home.

Practicing holistic health care, our experienced, professional associates are on hand 24 hours a day to assist you with your medical or personal needs. Our Director of Resident Care conducts wellness checks on a regular basis, to ensure that our holistic care continues to meet your changing needs.

Spring Hills Hunter's Creek Assisted Living and Memory Care is located directly in the middle of the 4,000-acre planned community in southwest Orange County and is part of the Orlando-Kissimmee Metropolitan area. Though a young community, our convenient location allows us to boost numerous amenities for all ages.

If shopping is your cup of tea then you will be delighted with the vast array of shopping opportunities that The Loop and the numerous shopping plazas have to offer. The options range from the larger department stores such as Kohl's, Belk's and JCPenny's to the boutique type stores such as Avon, Kirklands, Jared, and of course many more.

You will also find yourself with vast dining opportunities here in Hunter's Creek. Within the numerous shopping plazas you will find restaurants such as the Orlando Ale House, Applebee's, Mimi's Café and Olive Garden. The Loop is home to Johnny Rockets, Macaroni Grill, BoneFish Grill, BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, and Panera Bread just to name a few.

Natural beauty is abundant here. Shingle Creek, the head waters of the Everglades has a Conservation Area that is home to many Florida wildlife. Lake Eola houses the famous swan paddle boats and Koi ponds with a paved walking path that has plenty of seating. Take a ride through the historic Winter Park lakes and canals on the Winter Park Boat Tours.

Spring Hills Hunter's Creek is near many cultural venues, such as the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum, the Winter Park Historical Museum, The Wells Built Museum of African-American History and Culture, The Orlando Museum of Art, Lou Gardens, The Florida Natural Growers Grove House Visitor Center, and The Bob Carr Performing Arts Center where touring Broadway Shows are performed.

Hunter's Creek is conveniently located to these area attractions: Sea World, Universal Orlando, Disney Theme Parks/ Lake Buena Vista, Kennedy Space Center, Gator Land, Busch Gardens, Disney's Wide World of Sports home of the Atlanta Braves Spring Training and The Gator Nationals.

There are ample opportunities to get involved in the community. Whether you are looking for social groups and clubs, such as the Hunter's Creek Women's Association and the Fabulous 50s (seniors group) or volunteer groups such as Citizens on Patrol and Sewing Angles, here in Hunter's Creek there is something for everyone.

Map of Spring Hills Hunters Creek