Family Extended Care of Sebring

Reviews of Family Extended Care of Sebring

Assisted Living Reviews for Family Extended Care of Sebring

June 30, 2018

By Grandma

Crown Pointe of Sebring was alright. It's clean, and the place is attractive, although the grounds could use some work. The residents were either not visible, or very quiet. I think they stayed in their rooms and there weren't a lot of activities. They showed me what they call an apartment, but it's really a studio. It's one room with a divider that goes all the way to the ceiling between the bedroom and sitting room. They play bingo and there's an activities room, but there wasn't anybody out, and no one was doing anything. I also saw a library, but there wasn't much in it. The staff we talked to was very good and helpful. She gave us a lot of information.

August 21, 2017

By Susan

Crown Pointe was beautifully designed. Half of the place was for people on lock-down, and the other half was for the residents with physical problems rather than mental. The rooms were sizeable, which they can modify however they need. The staff was very helpful, very good in explaining things, courteous, and gave me plenty of information. The residents can decorate their rooms; I usually see pieces from their crafts projects. The overall look was very peaceful with the muted green color. It's totally clean and lovely, and the staff was efficient. They also had lovely gardens, and the rooms had nice views. For those who were able to walk around, this would be a wonderful place.

July 27, 2016

By Linda742662

Crownpointe service is excellent. When mother bumped herself or when she fell they immediately called me and they took care of her. She fell in the bathroom and they immediately called the ambulance. They thought she broke her hip. Mom really likes the food and everybody seemed to like it too. They have a little area where they sit and watch TV and give them snacks. She is in a locked down facility because she wander, that’s why they are watching her very carefully. The staff is very caring and the place is very clean. I am very satisfied.

February 25, 2016

By budman2266

After 10 days my mothers engagement & wedding ring went missing. Due to arthritis it must have been difficult to pull them off. Take care to count watches, rings and jewelry (possibly fillings too). Crown Point actually very unhelpful and had to contact police. After 68 years rings are now gone from my mothers hand.

December 17, 2013

By tottie

Crown Pointe was a second choice for my Mother as the other facility was not ready for her at the time she went in. My Mother has lived there for 16 months now and it has become a first choice all the way. Mother has Alzheimer's disease and she started out in the Cottage wing for one year. She now resides in the Alzheimer's unit and is happy. The staff on both sides of the facility have always been helpful, kind, and considerate of my Mother. I visit her most every day so I see what they do for her at any given time of the day. From compassionate caregivers to managing staff, they are all wonderful. It is a great family atmosphere. Yes, my Mother does have a cell phone and I can talk to her anytime. No, they do not have internet but perhaps that is something that is coming.

July 09, 2013

By Kellie0504

My mother had been in another regular assisted living facility in Highlands County, however, due to her dementia, it was time for a secure unit. I can tell you I visited every facility in Highlands County with a memory unit and Crown Pointe was exceptional! My mother is very happy and I am happy with the individualized care she receives. They check her every hour throughout the day and are right there if she should need anything. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a great place for their parents. They have a regular assisted living side and a memory unit.

June 29, 2013

By onatorrent

My mother has been placed in Crown Pointe for almost 3 months now. I must admit the nursing staff is nice though services and activities they provide are much lacking. There is no internet access or service so for get about being able to communicate with your loved one if you do not live local other than by Snail Mail. The residents as far as I have seen are unable to have cell phones and can not call out. There are also NO portable phones at all so your loved one will have to either be moved to or walk to a phone that can be as far as all the way across the unit or as far as to the front desk. It makes me mad that they do not offer internet access as my mother and I are used to using my computer watching YouTube videos and keeping up with other friends. I find the lack of internet access to be very sad since every place we went looking at before the state took over and placed my mother in Crown Pointe had full internet access and also hosted Skype Calls to family members that live out of the area and can not visit often. Nothing against the staff that have been quite nice to me but in my view, I would totally keep looking for an other place to move them in. Now I have the job of taking the state to court to get my mother moved now. Wish me luck.

Memory Care Reviews for Family Extended Care of Sebring

Costs for Family Extended Care of Sebring

Photos of Family Extended Care of Sebring

Services and Amenities of Family Extended Care of Sebring

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Features Extra: Emergency Response System, Activity Room

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

Types of care

• Credit Card
  • Check

• Licenses: 9756

About Family Extended Care of Sebring

Family Extended Care of Sebring is a senior housing facility that offers a homelike environment to promote social growth and sufficiency wherever possible. The community has different levels of care, and offers professional evaluations prior to each resident's move-in to provide the best possible fit. Their doors are locked just like any home, for safety and security. Family Extended Care of Sebring recognizes the importance of providing services with resident dignity in mind, with their mission being to enhance lives through relationships, joyful moments and continued enrichment. They offer private and semi-private accommodations equipped with comfortable features so residents will feel right at home.

The quality of service we provide is displayed in everything we do. Our expert team members are available to assist our residents 24 hours a day, while supporting their dignity, individuality, and independence as they go about their days.

Map of Family Extended Care of Sebring